The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DreamsandReality

Re: The Rising [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:16 pm

(Lol XD )

Crypt gazed at Pyra with a warm smile, his violet eyes glimmering with happiness. Looking at Pyra now he knew he had never felt true happiness before this, not one that filled his heart and warmed him to bone. "Ah, I cannot disagree with that. They would certainly not be pleased." he replied lightly with a tiny shrug. Even if he died and she was not to blame there was a good chance they'd accuse her anyways. However, he didn't have any intentions of dying any time soon so he wasn't too worried. Crypt sighed softly and reached up to comb his fingers through her hair gently, a light smile dancing across his lips. "In time they'll welcome you with open arms." he tried to reassure her although he didn't sound to confident on that. One could always hope though. "However, I will never let any of them hurt you, Pyra." He murmured. Any who did would quickly meet their fate and a highly unpleasant one that would be. Despite this promise he couldn't help but continue to worry, she was a target as long as she remained at his side. Is it selfish then? To hold you so close to my heart? He peered at her curiously when she sat up, leaning forward a bit himself. "Well now I'm curious, do tell. I doubt it's silly." he replied.

(NOPE!)

Kai's shoulders sagged, his whole body being weighed down by his own words. He groaned softly and buried his face in his hands, wishing to escape this. He couldn't bare to look at Ellie, feeling as if he didn't deserve to. "A Nightwalker isn't capable of love though...are we?" he mumbled partly to himself and partly to whoever was around to listen. "Idiot..." he quietly scolded himself, hitting his head against his hands in frustration. At this point he felt like walking out into the sun and letting all of this be over with...but he wasn't crazy and certainly didn't have a death wish. "Yes, yes I know what I've said. Us being friends is dangerous as it is, goodness forbid we fall in love. This whole city would bloody lose their minds." he grumbled feeling a little more than defeated. He dropped his hands to his lap and sighed quietly "I've already told you I don't expect the feelings to be mutual...as long as it's only me you'll be safe and sound." he murmured. At the end of the day that's all he really cared about, that she was safe and out of harms way. He fidgeted nervously, his gaze shifting towards Ellie slowly. But I meant what I said...no matter how crazy and impossible it is.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Jul 08, 2017 2:08 am

Pyra smiled sadly. The Rebels were extremely protective of him, they would be willing to kill anyone they believed to be a threat to him. Even the people he cared about the most. She could see why he was worried, but in a weird way she wasn't. Why, she couldn't really say. There were no words to explain it. "At least you wouldn't be alone in death I suppose. I hear it's a lonely place." Of course she didn't know what was beyond death, she knew what the humans said about it but she was sure that was meant strictly for humans and not vampires. Vampires whom were thought to be demons, a form of death themselves. Many believed they didn't have souls, if that was the truth then what awaited them after death? After a moment she shook her head, not wanting to think of such things now. It was too happy of a moment. "Well, I doubt the certain women will ever like me. They want to be where I am, to hold your heart." She muttered quietly, messing with the end of her pajama bottoms. A few of the girls liked Crypt, he was handsome and powerful, but she couldn't say if that's all they saw...or if they saw what she did when she looked at him. Her gaze was drawn to him as she thought over her idea again. That was less depressing. "Um...well...I was thinking that maybe some of them would like me more of I convinced their 'big bad boss' to give them a day off..." she started slowly, giggling quietly. However she did have a small feeling they liked to work, to please him, but she could see that a lot of then were tired. Was a small break a bad thing? "I know we vampires laugh at this Holiday...but Halloween is coming up...and I was thinking...maybe we could throw a ball or something. I could plan it, would give me something to do while you're working..." Pyra bit her lip, she knew how vampires felt about Halloween but maybe they'd still like the idea. "I told you it's silly..."

[Told you I'd have her mention it! XD]
[Why noooooot?!]

Ellie shook her head again, leaning away from him. This couldn't be happening, she had to be having some kind of dream right? A form of sick torture. Not because she was revolted by the idea, but because a part of her had been craving this. Some part buried deep inside of her. Never had she thought to bring it up because of how he felt towards such emotions, and what he had mentioned before. About getting past their inner demons before they...they what? They never talked about anything, he had almost kissed her but...she put her face in her hands and shuddered. Nothing made sense anymore. Yet she was only lying to herself, trying to keep him happy in a way. He wanted to linger in the darkness, that's what he told her. This wasn't fair! It wasn't fair how she kept tearing herself apart so he could be happy. Her frustration built up though she tried to keep it under control, unfortunately it didn't work. "B-been...it's not...!" She choked out before she could stop herself, keeping her hand against her face as if that would somehow keep her safe from the words she just uttered. Kai wasn't the only one who felt that way, much as she tried to deny it...she was sure that she's had feelings for him for awhile now. It's not fair...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Jul 08, 2017 6:07 pm

Crypt gazed at Pyra and sighed softly, wishing he could just demand the Rebels to respect her just as they do him. Perhaps he could and there was a chance some would listen, but more likely than not they would continue their views of her when he wasn't looking. They were obedient and loyal until they thought they knew what was best for him. A flaw perhaps, but no army could be made perfect. "I suppose that's one way to look at it...although I must make one small request from you." he said with a small smile. "Should I one day die, whether by your hand or by one of many enemies, I want you to run. Get as far away from the Rebels as you can." he continued, his voice nothing more than a murmur. Nothing hurt more than to think she would suffer a fate worse than death by the hands of his Rebels. Crypt was no fool, he knew the damage his Rebels could inflict on one in a fit of rage and revenge. He had made a dangerous army and one that took his careful words to keep them in order. Crypt reached out to lightly touch her arm, a warm smile slipped across his lips. "Ah, but they only love me for my place of power. They feel connected to me because I'm the one that turned them." he pointed out gently. He viewed them as nothing more than his soldiers, perhaps it was cruel and a cold way to think, but kindness and emotions would weaken his place of power over them. He tilted his head slightly when she began talking again, almost shocked by her suggestion of giving the Rebels time off. "Halloween..." he murmured thoughtfully and leaned back a bit, his eyes narrowed. He hadn't thought about that holiday in who knows how long. Perhaps a break would be beneficial to the Rebels and regarding some business he had to take care of as well. If it made Pyra happy he couldn't see how he could deny her suggestion. He gazed at Pyra as he pondered this idea before he nodded slowly. "Alright, I suppose a Halloween Ball wouldn't hurt..." he agreed slowly. Crypt smiled a bit and chuckled "Well I'll admit it took me by surprise...but I wouldn't call it silly."

(So you did! XD )
(Because one must remain positive and confident in oneself!)

Kai stared at her a bit taken back, certainly not what he expected to hear. In his mind he expected her to be repulsed by the idea, just as any Daywalker should. He opened his mouth to say something but nothing made it out, leaving him to slowly close his mouth again in defeat. What does this mean then... he bit his lip, gazing at her silently. His hands were clenched together, his nails digging into his skin. "So...where does that leave us?" he finally spoke, though his voice was barely above a whisper. He had stopped breathing altogether at this point, not that he needed to breath but the effect was the same nonetheless. His heart was still pounding in his chest and he still felt completely exhausted. Everything that's happened today has taken all his energy. Slowly, Kai stood up and smoothed out his clothes a little bit. His limbs felt achy, his head throbbed, and the burning in his throat was persistent but manageable. Where does that leave us then... he repeated to himself, finally taking a deep and steady breath.

Icy

Post by Icy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Pyra looked at Crypt silently for a moment, unsure if she could make such a promise. If he died that would be the end of her she was sure and there would be nothing else keeping her here. Alive. She chewed on her lip lightly, her gaze falling away as she grew lost in thought. Why did he have to ask her that of all things? It was like asking her to pick which one of them should live in a life or death type of situation. Of course she knew what she would say if a thing like that should ever happen, he should live and she should die. He would argue against that, but that's what she would choose. "I don't if I can promise that." She said softly after a moment longer, looking at him with a smile. "What reason would I have for living without you?" Crypt, unlike her, had reasons to keep living if she died. It kinda hurt to think about but it was the truth. There were all the Rebels, his duty as Leader...she had nothing here. After a moment she shook her head and looked down, pulling at the end of her bottoms again. "Perhaps. What makes you think I'm not the same? Aside from the connection part... seeing as you didn't turn me." His power wasn't what she saw when she looked at him, she saw beyond that. There was more to him than many saw. It was a bit sad to think that she was the only one who did, but also reassuring in a way. No true competition. A small sigh left her lips and she smiled, not wanting to feel depressed so early in the day. "Halloween." She repeated with a little nod. Certainly a silly holiday, but it could be fun if one allowed it to be. If Crypt was going to be the grumpy one in this relationship then she wanted to be the fun one. Show the Rebels she wasn't all bad. "Really? Oh it'll be fun. We could even call a momentary peace and open it up to everyone. Maybe." The Rebels may not be so welcoming to having outsiders in the Palace and she couldn't blame them, any of Crypt's enemies could try to seize the moment to kill him. "I can even have the twins help me...after you speak with them about watching me of course..." Her excitement was a bit overwhelming, she was happy to have something to do. "We'll...I can see why it would surprise you. We vampires usually mock this Holiday..."

[I try to keep my promises, and I know we were both excited for the idea. cx]
[I'm pretty confident...I dunno about positive. ;-;]

Ellie remained silent because she didn't know where that left them. She didn't know what any of this meant. These types of emotions weren't meant for someone like her, it didn't make any sense. Her death was supposed to have come a long time ago when she had been nothing more than human, even after she lost her mortality she should have died. The only reason she survived was because of other people, maybe some type of will inside but it wasn't likely. There was no will to live inside her, there never had been though she knew many who would argue that. Alice would have, Elijah and Claire, Tobias even though he was too young to understand. He was so smart. More so than her. A sigh escaped her lips and she shook her head, life continued to be cruel to her and it wasn't fair but this was her life. The path she had been given to travel, how much longer did she have to go until she met the end of it? Her gaze flickered to him though she had trouble keeping it there, tears obscuring her vision and forcing her to look away once more. What did anything mean anymore? He would be happier if he left...

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:56 am

"It is a lot to ask that promise of you..." Crypt replied lightly, making no more notion to try and push it any further. He couldn't make her promise such a thing, one he hoped they'd never have to come across. He peered back at her with a small smile but it was a bit saddened. It was almost a sweet and heart-warming comment, but also saddening to think she couldn't find another reason to live without him. For one day it might come where he wouldn't be around. Of course, it was no secret that he's had many attempts on his life and all who have tried, failed. He wasn't one to go down without a fight. Crypt moved a little and sat on the edge of the bed, reaching up to comb his fingers through his dark hair. "I'm well trained in reading people..." he began, looking over at Pyra. "I can tell when you look at me it's something far different from when the others look at me." his voice softened to a murmur. The Rebels looked at him with either respect, fear, or admiration. There was few variations from that and yet Pyra looked at him with a combination of things. Perhaps he was blinded by his love for her, but he saw so much more when he looked at her. Crypt took a deep breath and stood up, stretching a little to relieve the faint stiffness in his limbs. It would be a good opportunity on many parts... he thought, turning a little to look at Pyra with a small smile. "Alright, you can begin planning. As for the open invitation...that you must give me a little time to consider." he agreed lightly. It would be fun and a good opportunity for her to grow closer bonds with the Rebels. An open invitation allowed him a chance to speak with a particular Official, but it was dangerous. However, it would secure the Rebel's authority over the city as well. Ultimately though, he liked the sound of having a little bit of peace, a cease fire. "I'm sure the Twins would be pleased to help you..." he added with a bit more of a hopeful smile. "Ah, well I think we mock it because the mortals tend to mock us with their costumes." Crypt chuckled, quite amused by the idea.

(It is a very exciting idea! A nice change in pace. ^-^ )
(Well confidence is a step forward!)

"I never met to complicate things...to hurt you or confuse you in any way." Kai explained lightly, looking down at the floor. He shuffled his feet, shifting weight from one to the other. Emotions, something he was certain he'd never fully understand. He loved her, at least he thought that's what this feeling was. It was the only logical one despite its frightening presence. A Nightwalker was supposed to shy away from the light and yet he was drawn to her, couldn't bare to think of losing her. It explained his reaction towards Miles as well, someone he regularly got into conflicts with but not like this. He laughed softly and rubbed the back of his neck anxiously. "A Nightwalker and Daywalker..." he mumbled, but he didn't sound regretful. After all, he has always been one to question the normal ways of life expectations. Kai looked back at Ellie and slowly sat down on the couch beside her. "Don't cry..." he murmured, almost pleading. He didn't want her to feel upset or anything, that's what tears meant right?

Icy

Post by Icy » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:43 pm

Pyra nodded. "You have many great trackers in your army too. I doubt I'd be able to hide for very long." Crypt trained the Rebels to do their duties well, there was definitely no room for failure...and she was positive that if it included avenging him then the Rebels would make sure not to fail in finding her. Sure she did know how to hide and blend in well enough, she was very good at that, but one day one or the other would make a mistake. There was no hiding for forever. After a moment she shook her head of these thoughts and looked at Crypt, watching him for a minute as he shifted around. It seemed he was getting back into 'work mode,' slowly. He wasn't quite there yet, but she did know she would have to say goodbye, for now, soon. "Oh is that so? Something different...well I suppose I do see beyond that mask you hide behind all the time." She said teasingly, nonchalantly almost. He wasn't just a Leader to her, she couldn't even begin to describe just what he was to her. So many words covered it...and yet none of them seemed perfect enough. How unfair it was, but in a way it meant that what she felt for him was true. A tiny, excited, smile slowly crossed her lips as he said she could begin planning the ball though she was understanding that he needed time to think about the open invitation part. The dangers were great, but she wasn't too worried about it at the moment. Just as long as she had something to do to keep her from dying of boredom while he worked she was happy. "Oh goodie!" She exclaimed happily, getting off the bed with a slight bounce to her step. There was so much to do! So much to plan, though she would wait for the twins to make any big decisions. This definitely wasn't a small affair and she wanted everything to be as close to perfect as possible. "I hope so, I'll need the help." Pyra giggled quietly, moving over to her wardrobe to look for something to wear. Her closet wasn't what one would call full, but she still had a few options to choose from. It was enough. "Ah well, I know. Of course I won't make it a requirement to dress up, but maybe a masquerade ball... that would be fun."

[Yeah! Get away from the stressful stuff for a little bit, have some fun! ^-^]
[Aha, yep! Confidence is key!]

Ellie didn't feel hurt, she was definitely confused by all of this though. Never has she been in this situation before and she knew that he hasn't been either. From what he's told her anyway. This was unknown territory and she was lost on what to do or say, let alone think. Her mind was a mess and she was afraid to do anything that might anger or upset him in any way. Not specifically anger towards her, but just in general. She's seen what he can do while angry and though she was sure he wouldn't ever turn that on her she was still nervous about seeing it once more. A Nightwalker and a Daywalker, it was certainly crazy...and they would be in for a world of pain if things...went badly. Not that she was hoping it would, but there was always a possibility and she wanted to keep that in mind. After a moment she shook her head and wiped her eyes, it didn't stop any of the tears but she was trying her best. "I'm n-not..."she mumbled, knowing that wasn't the best lie she's ever told but she was emotional right now.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:13 am

"That I do...the Rebels are well trained. So much so it may one day come back to haunt me." Crypt agreed with a small smile, glancing towards the door. The pair of Rebels that were coming seemed to be hesitating, something he wasn't too surprised by. They knew he didn't like to be bothered and would sense they were nearby anyways. He stifled an exasperated sigh, suddenly wishing he could skip work for the day. However, that wasn't an option seeing as though he had a lot to get done. "Quite so...I'll admit that frightened me at first. You have been the only person who has ever even dared to see past my mask." he commented honestly, looking over at her. A warm smile drifted across his lips "And yet how I love it so..." She has been the only one that could see him for more than he appeared to be, then again she was also the only one he allowed to see him like this. With his guard down, where his emotions were not blocked by the mask he wore around everyone else. He trusted her with all his heart and all his love. Crypt chuckled quietly and watched Pyra bounce to her feet, feeling a warmth stir in his heart. Her happiness truly meant the world to him and to see her so happy and excited now made his heart sing. They will help you whether they want to or not... he pointed out silently, but of course he kept that to himself. The Twins liked Pyra so he honestly believed they'd be happy to help her. "I have no doubts many will dress up regardless, most people seem to be fond of such a thing. Although a masquerade ball would be quite enjoyable and beneficial if we made it an open invitation." he commented thoughtfully. A masquerade ball would keep things anonymous, help people feel safer with their identity masked. Crypt turned a little to examine the room, lost in his thoughts.

(It'll be wonderful! ^-^ )
(That it is!)

"I may be an emotionless Nightwalker but I'm not blind..." Kai commented but the words were light-hearted, his tone almost playful. He gazed at Ellie for what seemed like forever but really could only be a few precious moments. Studying her features, the crystal tears that rolled down her cheeks, the mixture of emotions dancing in the air around her. He felt terrible, felt as though he had brought this upon her. My Little Candlelight... he slowly reached over to press his hand under her chin lightly. "I don't think either of us quite knows what this means...but I have confidence we'll figure it out together." he murmured. Kai wished there was something more he could do, some way to make sense of it, and yet he only felt lost. He's never felt this before and yet as he gazed at Ellie he knew he wasn't alone. Not alone...not anymore...

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:42 pm

"Well, I'm sure it won't. I know you haven't taught them everything you know." Pyra replied, looking through her wardrobe. Crypt was a smart Leader, she knows that he would make sure they wouldn't be able to outsmart him. They learned things everyday, but so did Crypt. Besides, he had her now and she would keep him safe. Her gaze moved towards him for a brief moment, a soft smile on her lips as she studied him. He seemed to be opening up a little more to her, it made her happy though she was aware that they still had a ways to go before he would be completely comfortable with her. Luckily she had quite a bit of patience, she was willing to wait for him. "Are you still so frightened of me?" She teased him, going back to looking through the clothes she had. "At least you don't hate it. I'd have to worry if you did." Pyra wasn't afraid of that mask of his and she couldn't understand why every other person around seemed to be. Well, she could...but perhaps she was the only one who was brave enough to be different. It made her feel good, but she wouldn't allow that to go to her head. Much. A tiny laugh left her lips as she shook her head, lifting out a soft pink sundress and a white one. Now that she was no longer a Rebel she was able to wear lighter colors like this, she wouldn't have to risk getting into any fights and wind up covered in blood stains anymore. That was an upside to this she guessed. Now if only she could pick which one she wanted to wear today. "Mhm, we can hide behind masks. Although...you might not be able to tell who I am then." She teased in a singsong voice, enjoying this little moment of theirs. He was so relaxed and happy, it in turn made her happy.

[Agreed! ^-^]
[So I have one step down! XD]

Ellie shrugged her shoulders, she didn't really see why it was important that she was crying. They were just tears, and sure she was in pain though she didn't know exactly what type of pain she was in. She knew she was scared of this...what was happening between them. These were feelings she's never experienced before, she's seen them in others but she never thought she'd be a victim of such emotions. They felt foreign to her, but maybe it wouldn't be a bad thing. Of course the fear didn't allow her to be too hopeful about this, anything could go wrong at any time. Kai could realize that he didn't want this life or Sin could take over and ruin things, or she could. Fear was truly an awful thing, she didn't like having these types of thoughts in her head. Yet they seemed to fade a little as soon as he touched her chin, but she tried not to react to it too much. His touch was warm, gentle as it has been for awhile now, but she was afraid. Always afraid. "...I'm afraid..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:24 pm

"True...I'd be a foolish leader to let them in on all my little tricks." Crypt smiled, peering over at her. There was a lot he didn't teach the Rebels, a lot of information he withheld from them. Everything he ever taught them or told them was done through a lot of careful planning and thinking. Everything he did always took a lot of careful planning. The Twins, no doubt, knew the most but that was because he had complete and full faith in their loyalty, but even then there were items withheld. He hooked his thumbs into his pockets, letting out a soft sigh. His time with Pyra was running thin and it saddened him, but he hid those thoughts and emotions well. "No, I think I'm more fascinated by it now." he answered with a small smirk, his gaze shifting towards her as she shuffled through the clothes. "Yes, if I hated it that would certainly be a set back wouldn't it?" How could he hate it when it enthralled him? The Official, Orion, had once briefly seen past his mask and even then he did not hate it. He held a fascination with those that were able to see past it, though the Official seemed reluctant to do so. That's why you haven't killed me yet, isn't it? He pondered, looking up at the ceiling thoughtfully. Yet Pyra was the only one that truly saw past it and accepted him. Crypt turned his attention to the two dresses she held, tilting his head a little with a small smile. "I have faith I'd be able to seek you out in a crowd." he replied lightly. He smoothed out his clothes that were wrinkled from sleep "I should get going..." he commented lightly and reluctantly.

(Woo! One step closer! XD )

"Who isn't these days?" Kai replied gently, brushing his thumb across her cheek. This city grew on fear; the Nightwalkers fed on fear, the Rebels ruled by fear, and the Officials were hidden by fear. It was an ever circulating stench of fear that clung to the air like food left out in the sun for too long. The Nightwalkers tracked the fear like it was their lifeline, like addicts they sought it out on whatever living form contained it. This was one of those rare times Kai felt fear; a gnawing sensation at the back of his mind, persistent and heart throbbing. "It'll be okay Ellie..." he tried to reassure her, slowly drawing his hand away. It had to be okay, he had to believe it would be okay. At this point he had altogether stopped breathing, the burning in his throat persisted. It was never good to skip a meal though this wouldn't be the first time for him and certainly not the last. He could handle it of course, it just made him a little anxious for the sweet call of the rising moon.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:31 pm

Pyra smiled faintly in silent agreement. Crypt was a good leader, one of the best although to be fair she didn't know many leaders. If there was one before she was turned or if there were any others in this huge world, the only ones she knew were Orion and Crypt. Her life, though exciting, was a bit sheltered. All she knew of the rest of the world outside the walls were what the travelers that sometimes came into the city told her. Even so she wasn't saddened, she enjoyed life the way it was...although now she had to find other things to keep her occupied since she wouldn't be working anymore. Things like the ball, but they would not have those all the time. In time she would figure it all out. She glanced at Crypt as he spoke again, shaking her head lightly. "Fascinated? I see..." A small smirk crossed her lips though she didn't ask him why it fascinated him. They didn't have much time left together and though she knew she could keep him here longer if she did ask more questions that wouldn't be right. As much as she wanted to keep him around he still had his duties and now she'd be a little busy herself too. There was so much to do. "I'd say so. We couldn't be together if you did hate it." After all if he did hate it...then what would be the point of being a couple? Crypt would most likely spend his time scorning her instead of this and she preferred this gentler side. "I guess we'll just have to test that for I doubt you will." She giggled though soon her happy expression faded as he brought up the fact it was time for him to go. Pyra knew it was coming, but that didn't mean she liked it. "Okay..."

[It's something! XD]

Ellie didn't say anything, didn't look at him as she stared at the floor continuously. Fear did linger everywhere, but this was different. She could handle somebody hunting her down to kill her, she could handle death, but this...it wasn't anything like those situations. This wasn't life or death, this wasn't having to run for her life although she probably could run if she wanted to. Part of her did, but that would only hurt him wouldn't it...? Out of everything that has changed about her, her dislike of hurting others was one thing that hadn't. It wasn't in her to do so. After a moment she shut her eyes and placed her head in her hands, wanting everything to go away for right now. She didn't see how she would be able to get to sleep though, her brain was too active and the rest of her was much too afraid. Afraid that, if she did manage to sleep, when she woke up he would be gone and she would be alone again. Ellie couldn't handle that, not again. Am I going to be okay...? I don't know...