Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DreamsandReality

Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:53 pm

There once was a great city surrounded by towering walls that trapped everyone inside, accept for the select few that found ways out. For many years it was ruled by vampires, but constantly the rule switched from one group to the other. It became a war to maintain control of the city and while the vampire civilization fell to pieces, the humans took their chance. Done with being prisoners of the monsters they gathered forces and rebelled, sending the city into turmoil and chaos. Finally, one dark and cold night the sky lit up in a bright orange glow, the city was on fire. With an explosion big enough to blow a hole in the wall people began to flee the burning city. The ruling vampires at time put the people before their own lives and set off to make sure everyone got out. For once in history and vampires and humans worked together to escape. This moment of peace did not last as they split their separate ways. The city became known as the Fallen City, by now most of the humans that lived in it are long dead and it is but a story to the newer generations. For the vampires however, they remembered it well and they feared the chaos war would bring.

Three factions rose up from the ashes and took hold of the civilizations. Two large cities were built but far from one another in small hopes of maintaining peace. One city was consumed by vampires, the other by humans. Yet the third faction understands that one cannot live without the other and if they do not join forces war will fall upon them, so they set out to bring both humans and vampires into harmony. Yet darkness has begun to take hold of the cities, crimes from both sides are starting to stir, and it seems only a matter of time before another war brings an end to the civilizations.

Icy

Re: Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by Icy » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:59 pm

Your Last Post~

Elijah watched Hollie quietly as she dipped her small fingers into the water, sending soft ripples across the glass surface. He smiled lightly, watching as another bright blue fish darted past. It's scales glimmering in soft hues of silver and blue, like tiny diamonds twinkling beneath the water. There was a soft breeze in the air, though it was a bit chilly. He was never one to mind temperatures too much, didn't affect him much these days and never had really. Perhaps that was one of the many 'benefits' of being born a vampire. If one could call such a thing 'beneficial'. His gaze shifted towards the frog again, chuckling softly as the small creature croaked. Sending cheerful giggles through his daughter, he smiled at her. "Hmm maybe it's trying to talk to you." he said quietly.

Leo lightly toughed Fleur's shoulder before rising to his feet, crossing over to Kya on silent steps. He paused in front of her and offered a tiny smile, tilting his head a bit. "You should get some sleep..." he commented, moving to sit down on the edge of the couch. Fleur didn't seem to mind too much that he had left, lost in her own little world of colors and childish imaginations. He watched Fleur quietly as she colored away at a butterfly, mumbling softly to herself every now and then. There was no hiding that Leo was concerned for Kya's health. After all, sleep was important for everyone.

My Last Post~

Hollie glanced at her father, missing the fish that swam past her tiny fingers. "Silly daddy, amals no talk!" She exclaimed, struggling a bit with the word 'animals' but it didn't seem to bother her. Her gaze returned to the frog as she moved towards it in wonder, it rested atop a lily pad a little over one fourth of the way around the pond from where Elijah was. The distance wasn't too great and she didn't move past that point, leaning on the stones with her elbows resting against the flat, gray surfaces. It was a wonder where she got her curiosity from, but the answer came easily if one looked at her mother. How adventurous and curious she had been of the world, she remained adamant that it was for that very reason that she met Elijah in the first place. A smile crossed the young girl's lips as she studied to frog, giggling to herself quietly.

Kya looked up when she felt they couch dip a little, seeing Leo there next to her looking at her with concern. Glancing at Fleur briefly she smiled faintly, waving away his worries. There was no need for him to worry over her though she knew if she said that to him he'd only disagree with her He was stubborn that way, much like a certain uncle of his "...I'll be fine Leo..."she started slowly, motioning first to Fleur and then her laptop with a tired sigh followed by a light yawn. "I can't. She wants me to stay here, and I have all these files to look over...then later I have to take you to go see...them." Kya knew he was concerned for his cousin, she was positive he would enjoy seeing her. Sleep seemed so unimportant in comparison to everything on her plate.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:17 pm

Elijah chuckled softly "Hmm perhaps not..." he replied lightly, watching her carefully. Though his gaze flickered towards the frog again, a little lost in thought himself. Once again he was overcome by the sensation of how lucky he was, how blessed he was to have such a perfect little family. He couldn't imagine a life without them and greater still he was thankful Claire and him had survived long enough to make it happen. They had both lived in an age that was troubling and filled with danger, but they endured it all. He smiled warmly before he knelt down beside Hollie, folding his hands neatly in his lap. He was watching Hollie this time though, amusement flickering beneath his amber eyes. Just like you're mother...

Leo frowned a little bit "I'll keep an eye on her, she'll understand if you need rest." he pointed out gently. "Everything else can wait." he urged her. It took every part of his self control to keep his 'gift' from spreading the worried emotion throughout the room, not wanting to disrupt Fleur. He smiled a little bit after a moment "We have plenty of time..." he added as if it'd help his case. He was truly concerned for her because even vampires needed rest, grew exhausted over long hours of work. Besides, he was certain Fleur would grow tired eventually, sooner than later he figured. His gaze flickered to Fleur who still seemed oblivious to their conversation, a light smile crossing his lips. She'd have to learn to be more aware of her surroundings eventually, but for the time being he wanted her to enjoy a safe and happy childhood.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:02 pm

Hollie clapped her hands as the frog croaked once again, her smile widening before she got distracted by a fish the colour of a rainbow. She squealed quietly as she followed it a few feet away, leaning in the stones to see it better. It was then that a woman with short blonde hair appeared a few feet away on the opposite side of Hollie, sitting down on the stones while watching the little girl in amusement. "Beautiful aren't they?" Tesla asked softly, not meaning to startle the child though it seemed she had anyway. Hollie blinked and looked at the woman with wide eyes, backing away from her and moving closer to her father. This lady was a stranger and her parents taught her to never talk to strangers even if they seemed nice. Which this lady did... but there was something odd about her too. Her hair was messy and she little red strings under her lip, as far as she knew, which wasn't much, that wasn't normal.

[There, finally introduced Tesla. XD]

Kya sighed, feeling as though he wouldn't let this drop that easily. He was right anyway, she was exhausted and after all the work she's done in the past two days alone she just wanted to sleep. Even a short nap would be satisfactory, it would restore a portion of the energy she's lost. "Fine...I'll take a nap, but don't let me sleep for too long. I really want you to see her." She replied, meaning Dakota. Of course, if she knew him well then by now she knew he was likely to let her sleep all night despite what she asked. There was nothing wrong in taking him tomorrow night instead, she knew she would be no good taking him while feeling like this. A sigh left her lips as she powered down her laptop, setting it on the little table beside the couch and rubbing at her eyes. "I swear sometimes it's like you're my parent and not the other way around." She muttered, amused.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:55 am

Elijah kept a watchful eye on Hollie as she followed a fish along the 'shoreline' of the pond, sitting down among the stones himself. His gaze was adverted away only when a pale-haired woman appeared not far form Hollie. He knew it wasn't right to be so judgmental of strangers, to be wary of them like he was. Yet years of struggle and fighting for their family has made him just a tad bit paranoid. Even so, he calmly stood up and approached Hollie, pulling her closer to him. "It's okay sweetie..." he murmured gently, his gaze landing the woman. "Hello..." he greeted Telsa quietly, offering a polite dip of his head. Despite his caution he treated everyone with respect for as long as they deserved it.

(Exciting. XD)

Leo beamed in triumph "Well...I want to see her as well, but not until you're well rested." he stated simply. In truth he could hardly wait to see his cousin again, it's been years and he was excited to talk with her again. However, he would remain patient, something he's never really struggled with. Surprisingly, he's always had a lot of patience. Of course, he already had all intentions of letting Kya sleep as long as she needed, he was in no rush and neither should she be. He smiled contently as she set aside the lap top and laughed lightly. "Hmm just a concerned son." he replied with a small shrug as he rose to his feet again. He just had to keep Fleur busy so Kya could get some rest in peace. He wandered over and knelt down next to Fleur again, looking over at Kya quietly.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 5:52 am

Tesla looked from Hollie to Elijah when he greeted her, an odd expression flickering across her features although it was gone in the matter of seconds. A slight smile curled up in her lips as she tilted her head, eyes flashing as she studied him. "Hello. She's very cute." She replied, looking at Hollie to show her meaning. In her bright red eyes she was the cutest little girl in the world, but she decided not to say exactly that for many reasons. Like the little child's father thinking her to be weird for it. Hollie hid behind her father's leg, peering out at the woman who kept glancing at her. She felt uncomfortable and wondered what it was the lady wanted from her and her father if anything. If only her mother were here too, she'd feel much better that way. Safe. The child frowned, burying her face into the side of Elijah's knee which produced a soft giggle from Tesla who found it adorable.

[Is it? Is it really!? XD]

Kya rolled her eyes playfully. "Okay dad, are you going to come tuck me in to make sure I actually sleep too?" She smirked, reaching over and ruffling his hair gently. He still needed that trim, but she would take care of it later. After a moment she leaned forward and gently placed a kiss on the top of Fleur's head, trying not to disrupt her colouring. "I need to go sleep sweetheart, I'm tired, but Leo will stay with you." She told her daughter, glancing over the picture they were working on colouring before she got to her feet and stretched a little bit. It felt nice to be going to bed, she was starting to feel like a zombie. "A concerned son who needs to worry less before he loses all of his hair because of it." Not that vampires ran the risk of going bald, but she found it fun to tease him. If it made him smile, and she did hope it would, theb it was worth it. "I think I'll enjoy getting some sleep..."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:35 pm

Elijah forced a small smile and nodded in return "Yes, she is." he replied simply, not really in the mood to make conversation with this woman. There was something about her that was off putting, made him feel uneasy. Perhaps it was simply her interest in Hollie, maybe the bright red eyes that peered over at them, it could've been anything. He remained standing protectively in front of Hollie though he tried to make it seem more casual, no reason to make the lady question his actions. "What's your name?" he asked politely, tilting his head slightly as he studied her. His eyes glowed with the soft warmth of burning embers, scanning the woman's face for anything that would give him a hint as to what kind of person she was. There had been something about her expression earlier, but it had been so brief he had to question whether he saw it at all.

(It is, all of the plans are always exciting. XD)

Leo rolled his eyes a little bit but chuckled nonetheless, who could blame him for being worried? Fleur looked up and pouted but it faded quickly. "Okay mommy! Mommy sleep well!" she said cheerfully. She didn't want her mother to be tired! She was happy, however, that Leo would be staying with her. She'd be very lonely otherwise and she hated being lonely. Fleur was quick to return to her coloring though, having finished most of it already. She still colored outside of the lines a lot but with some small guiding from Leo she managed to stay inside the lines within reason. Leo laughed "Anything but my hair!" he exclaimed, reaching up to run his fingers through his pale threads of hair. When he was younger his hair had been a deep golden color but as he grew up it faded into a blond so pale it was almost white.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:29 pm

Tesla tilted her head, looking at Elijah as he asked for her name. For a moment she was oddly silent before smiling and glancing at the pond. "Tes." She muttered, giving him her nickname. There was no point in giving him the entire thing, it would become moot soon enough. They wouldn't like her very much, but it wasn't like she meant to do all of the things she did. It wasn't something she could control. "What your names?" She asked after a moment, glancing at Hollie again since really it was her name that interested her the most. Who was this littke girl and why was she by this man? Didn't she know men were bad? Of course she stopped fearing men long ago, but she had to make sure other girls were safe. Hollie didn't look at Tesla again, her face hidden against her father's leg. She was nervous, it couldn't be helped. Strangers never made her feel all that comfortable.

[Maybe a little scary too. XD I hope I play her creepiness well. >_<]

Kya knew Fleur would be a little disappointed that she had to leave so soon, but she also knew she didn't want her to fall ill. Fleur worried just as much as her brother, even if it wasn't always obvious she could tell. Her gaze fell back to Leo and she smiled, leaning over to kiss his forehead. "Try not to worry so much then." She giggled, moving towards the hall were all the bedrooms were. The call of sleep was pulling on her more strongly and she didn't want to fight it much longer. The first thing she did once she entered her own room was strip off her boots and uniform and pulled on a pair of loose shorts and an oversized t-shirt. Oh how amazing it felt to be in such comfortable clothes again, it felt like it's been an eternity since she's worn anything like this. She poked her head out of the door and looked at her children, a faint smile on her lips. "You two behave. Don't be afraid to wake me if you need to."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:45 pm

Elijah watched Tesla closely only dipping his head a little bit when she introduced herself, there was something about her that was...discomforting. "I'm Elijah and this is my daughter..." he introduced briefly, although he hesitated to give out Hollie's name. What could one person do with a name though? After some hesitation and consideration her continued, "Hollie..." he said carefully. He could feel Hollie's face pressed against his leg, adverting his gaze for a moment to peer down at her. "Come here sweetie..." he murmured gently, turning a little to pick her up. He could tell she was nervous and he wanted to reassure her she would be fine. The woman was certainly...different although that didn't mean she was a terrible. That parental desire to protect his children at all times was stronger than his desire to be polite, however.

(Definitely scary and you've nailed the creepiness so far. XD)

Leo smiled softly as she kissed his forehead "I'll try...no promises." he replied, a sense of comfort falling over him. There has never been a moment where he took Kya's kindness for granted, always being truly grateful she took him in. He had his Aunt and Uncle sure, but he wasn't close to them like he was with Kya. Someone he truly saw as a mother to him. He peered over at her as she spoke again and smiled "Alright, we'll keep that in mind." he replied, though it was obvious he would let her sleep as long as she needed, unless of course it was an emergency. He returned his attention to Fleur as she handed him a crayon. "This color!" she demanded, but it was light-hearted. Leo chuckled and took the dark green crayon, coloring a small portion of the page.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:48 pm

Tesla smiled brightly, her eyes gleaming as he replied. For a moment she had been afraid he wouldn't, that wouldn't have pleased her at all. "Oh, what a pretty name." She said quietly, watching Elijah as he picked Hollie up. As the child hid her face in his shoulder, huddling against her father as if she felt safest there. The action made her frown a little, why did the little girl act as if she were afraid of her? Was she doing something wrong, or was it because she was a new person to her? A stranger? That wouldn't do well, she would have to change that. Yet her mind was confused on just what she meant as a concerned expression appeared on her features. It was obvious she wasn't quite all there anymore. "Why doesn't she have a mother...?" She asked, staring out over the pond blankly.

[Yay! This is the first I'm playing this type of character so I was worried. XD And finally, as promised we'll bring back Kota and Mathias. XD]

Kya smiled as Leo went back to colouring with Fleur, the snall girl 'bossing' him around as she did. It was adorable. She closed the door slightly, leaving a small crack, before she climbed into bed and pulled the covers up to her chin. The bed was so comfortable she didn't think she'd have a problem getting to sleep, curling up loosely with both her hands under her head like a pillow She let the silence of her room envelope her, easing her into slumber until she was gone.

Kota woke up with a jolt, sitting up quickly as she looked around the room in a panicked manner. Their living room, at home. The hospital had let her go earlier, the first thing she had done was take a long warm shower before falling asleep on the couch. She had refused to sleep in her room because of what took place there and had refused to take Mathias' bed, she hadn't even given him a chance to offer it before she curled up on the couch and went to sleep. It now seemed like a mistake to sleep at home at all seeing as she just had a nightmare. That man had come back for her, but she couldn't remember the whole thing. Just that he had wanted to hurt her, kill her. She set her feet on the floor and leaned over onto her knees, resting her head in her hands as she tried to clear her mind. This was going to drive her crazy, but she couldn't let it get to her...she was stronger than this.