Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

DreamsandReality

Re: Destiny's End [Reserved Icy]

Post by DreamsandReality » Sat Apr 15, 2017 2:59 pm

(Yeah. ;-; I think it'd be rather fun to meet our characters. XD) (Curse the wonderful distractions!)

Elijah sighed and shook his head, wishing he had an explanation for her. From the moment Ellie gave up Luka he was left wondering if she didn't trust them. They would've taken care of Luka, he would've been safe with them, and then Ellie could see her son again when she was ready. "I don't know...it's a question I've been asking myself for a long time now." he murmured. Elijah had been so undeniably happy for Ellie, for her to finally have a family of her own and be free from everything that haunted her. A husband who adored her and a child of her own who loved her unconditionally. His heart ached for their niece, wishing she didn't have to suffer through all the pain that she has. "Perhaps then, he will find his way back to her." Elijah replied with a small flicker of hope. Kai certainly had been strong willed and stubborn, risking everything to keep his family safe. He gazed at Claire and smiled, it was terrible the pain she's suffered through but as she said, she wasn't stuck there anymore. "That's always good to hear..." he said gently. He took a deep breath "Alright, just be careful." he said lightly. Even if there was nothing currently chasing after them he always worried about her.

Mathias nodded "I'm sure they'll be here soon..." he commented as if to reassure her. It wasn't that she needed to be reassured for he was certain her parents would come, but he said it nonetheless. He paced a little bit around the room, feeling the need to move about. He knew he would have to gain their trust but he'd be lying if he said they didn't intimidate him a little bit. He respected them though, just as he respected Kota. He peered over at her thoughtfully, smiling faintly. So much time together... he thought absent mindedly.

Crypt snorted softly "I think you know the answer to that..." he replied, but a warm smile was painted across his face. She seemed to enjoy giving him a hard time, but then again he did the same to her quite often. No one had understood how she could bare to be with him. He had committed awful crimes, hurt a lot of people, torn families apart, and yet somehow she managed to see past all that. She made him a better person, she made him see that life didn't have to be about power and revenge. He had fallen so deeply in love with her that for once he wanted something more than to be a leader, a powerful vampire. At this thought he felt his heart swell, a warm and content smile lighting up his face. "Ah, before I found you I was a crazy, psychotic vampire with anger issues. Falling for anyone had been out of the question." he pointed out with a small chuckle. Crypt laughed and leaned closer to give her a light kiss "Our daughter would be terribly disappointed...speaking of which she's probably wondering what's taking us so long." he grinned. As much as he wanted to remain right here with Pyra, he also desired to see their daughter again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:27 pm

[It would definitely be interesting! I'm not sure what I'd say though. XD][CURSE THEM! XD]

Claire nodded and stepped back, looking up into his face with a solemn expression. "The only one who can tell us is her." She said quietly, wondering if Ellie ever would. One day perhaps they could ask her. It hurt her to be left in the dark like this, but she was understanding and patient. Ellie had been so happy with her little family and seeing her so made her happy in turn; she didn't want to push her now. "I imagine he will." Luka had been a bright child so it wasn't difficult to imagine that he would one day show up out of the blue and find her. Hopefully it didn't frighten her if that happened, but who knows how she would react. It had her feeling nervous, but there was no use in worrying about it til it happened. For all they knew he could be on the other side of the world, there were just so many possibilities out there. She ran her fingers through her hair and pushed all of that out of mind for now, focusing on Thalia and what she would tell her. At least she had gotten Elijah to forget his offer to go in her place, it made her feel better that he would be staying here with Hollie. Claire was ready to go, but paused when she remembered something. "Wait, you forgot that I had good news too, didn't you...?" He seemed to have, but she had just dropped a bomb on him so she couldn't blame him entirely.

Kota shrugged her shoulders. "I'm​ sure too. I mean when he was Rebel Leader he was sometimes too busy to see me, but he always kept his promises." In his line of work it had been difficult for him to make promises to her, but he always tried his best for her. She was the child they never expected to have, yes she knew about that, but they loved her regardless and she appreciated everything they have done for her. They were the best parents, in her opinion, and they were very close compared to some families. She wasn't, entirely, afraid that they'd just forget about her, but she appreciated Mathias trying to reassure her. Although she wasn't sure if it should actually be her reassuring him. Such an amusing thought as it was her parents they were waiting for. "You're going to burn a path in the floor if you keep pacing like that..."

Pyra rolled her eyes. "Maybe I do, maybe I don't." She said, acting coy. It was hard to imagine that there had been one point where she hadn't been this comfortable around him, she looked so at ease and comfortable which was a good thing. If she wasn't by now they would have to worry a bit. They had been through so much together and some days she still woke up thinking she was only dreaming, only to be filled with such happiness that she wasn't. That she of all people had managed to break through that shell of his somehow. He was her life and she was so grateful to him. "When you found me you couldn't have instantly changed so it should've been impossible then too." She pointed out with a stubborn pout, only to feel his lips lightly against hers. It hadn't lasted long enough, but he had a point. They had to get a move on, she didn't want their daughter to think they forgot about her. Not that they ever could. "I'll leave after a few years at most." A giggle left her lips as she got up and moved away so he could stand, quickly finding her boots and shoving them onto her feet. "Make sure you have that address she gave us, just in case she isn't at the hospital anymore."

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:35 am

(I think the first thing I would do is apologize to them....XD ) (Curse them all! XD )

Elijah peered down at Claire and nodded in silent agreement. Only Ellie knew the answer to such a question but he wasn't sure if or when she would be willing to tell them. It would be so easy to just assume Ellie didn't trust them enough, but after living as long as he has he knew it wasn't safe to assume anything. Yet it was a question that continue to plague his mind. He frowned a little bit before brushing it aside, there was no use in worrying about it now. He smiled faintly and nodded again, trying to keep that small flame of hope alive. Surely Luka's presence would heal some of Ellie's wounds? Yet another question that was left without answers. He tilted his head a bit before smiling apologetically. "Mmm seems that I have...my apologies. Such news has been...troubling." he said lightly. "Good news sounds lovely..." he chuckled quietly. How silly it seemed to have good news after something so heart wrenching and yet he hoped it would give his mind some peace.

Mathias smiled faintly "A mighty and fearsome leader he was..." he commented thoughtfully before shaking his head. "Well, from what I've always heard, Crypt has always been a man of his word." To some surprise Mathias didn't know a lot about Kota's palace life, what it was like having a man like Crypt as a father, it couldn't have been entirely easy he was sure. He knew what she's told him though, little things that he's always kept in mind and never forgotten. Her life has always been fascinating to him, for reasons unknown. It was because of her that he was able to see her parents for who they really were and not what society viewed them as. He paused when she spoke up and peered at the floor. "Ah...right..." he mumbled and moved towards the couch to sit down.

Crypt rolled his eyes a little but a grin still played across his lips. "Uh-huh..." he chuckled. Her stubbornness had only gotten stronger over the years, an amusing thought being one had to be stubborn with him. Crypt smiled "Well...perhaps it didn't instantly change but you certainly managed to get through to me either way." he pointed out gently. Of course when he had first found Pyra he had been merely intrigued by her, a potential new Rebel to add to the delightful little collection he had going on. Somehow, she managed to get through his cold and heartless outer shell, she managed to charm him. There was even a point in time where he was convinced she was a siren, a silly thought but he had been incredibly stubborn back then too. Yet how he grew to cherish and love her with all his heart. "A few years huh?" he grinned and slowly rose, slipping on his shoes as well. He patted his pockets for a moment before quickly scanning the room. It took only a brief moment before he found the address lying neatly on the desk. He strode over and picked it up, examining the address closely. "Mmm got it..." he turned to face Pyra again.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:00 pm

[That's probably a good idea, wouldn't want them turning on us for all the stuff we put them through. XD][What are we cursing again? I forget. XD]

Claire studied him for a moment, catching the apologetic smile that appeared on his lips and she wasn't surprised. He wasn't usually so forgetful, but when he was stressed it did get to him and he becomes​...well this. Yet even this part of him she loved, it showed that he wasn't as perfect as humans seemed to think vampires were though in her eyes he was always perfect. Nothing would, or could, ever change that. She looked away after a moment and moved closer to him, clasping her hands just under her chin. The good news was on the tip of her tongue, causing her heart to flutter happily. After the news about Ellie he needed to hear something good and she knew this would make him happy. "They're letting Tobias go home tomorrow. He will still have to rest and be careful but...oh Elijah he's better." She said quietly, as if afraid that if she said it any louder it wouldn't be true. The doctor who was taking care of Toby had told her the good news when she went to go turn her paperwork in, she had wanted to run home right then and there to tell him, but Ellie had been just as important. She was their family. Claire took one of his hands into both of hers, holding it gently against her left cheek as she tried to express just how happy she was. There were no words.

"Fearsome...he's never scared me..." Kota mumbled, tilting her head to the side as she thought back to the past. She supposed there had been one time he had, but it had been her fault really. He asked her to stay with the pair of rebels he ordered to keep an eye on her and she...hadn't listened because she had wanted to spend time with him, slipping away and wandering off into the Palace to look for him. In that time he had a room he used specifically for his harsh punishments and she stumbled upon it in a day where he gruesomely killed someone. Needless to say she saw it, it scarred her for a bit, her father had to regain her trust and he wasn't happy with the two Rebels. Over time she came to terms with what he did just as her mother had and she never looked back. He still loved her and never hurt her, he was a good father. "Yes, he hates breaking his word, to me and my mother especially." She muttered, glancing at him as he sat down. He was nervous she knew, but he had no reason to be. "You can relax a little Mathais, it'll be fine."

Pyra smiled faintly, bunching her hair up and pulling it into a messy ponytail, mostly just wanting it out of her face in case something happened and they had to run or fight. It wouldn't come down to that she hoped, but she wanted to be prepared and she didn't want her long hair to get in the way. In the past people have grabbed and yanked it and it made it difficult to fight in that situation. Crypt was there to help her usually, but, as she had said, she wanted to be prepared, for anything and everything. He had taught her a lot about survival. "How...horrible that must have been for you. You were so used to being a heartless scoundrel and I just went and mucked it all up." She said innocently with a note of sarcasm attached. He had been walking quite a dangerous path when he found her, she hadn't been sure if he was a person or not. Somehow she managed to save him and she was grateful every day they woke up together so she didn't feel sorry at all for it. "Mhm, I'll probably take Dakota with me, though...I'll still allow you to see her." Pyra giggled, watching him move about the room and over to the desk where he picked up a small piece of paper. The address. "Oh good. I think that's everything then." She said thoughtfully, moving over to the window to peer outside.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:09 pm

(Yeah that'd be no fun. XD) (I believe we were cursing adorable distractions. XD)

Elijah peered down at Claire with a hopeful curiosity, his eyes gleaming softly. Some good news would do both of them a lot of good right now. He leaned down, just a little closer to his wife, watching as she clasped her hands beneath her chin, the subtle change in her heart beat. After so many years of being together they became so in sync. Her happiness was his, her heart beat was his heart beat, she was his world. Yet when she spoke the words sounded almost too sweet and wonderful to be true, pondering this for just a moment. Letting her words truly sink in before letting the joy and relief light up his face, his eyes glowing with excitement. "Tobias..." he murmured softly, as if their son's name had become the most fragile word on this earth. "Oh good news indeed!" he said with a happy laugh, leaning forward to press a soft kiss against her lips. Words could never express the truth depth of joy that ran through him, to know their son was going to be okay.

Mathias pondered this, "Really? Never?" he said thoughtfully. "He was a pretty intimidating guy..." he admitted with a small shrug. Crypt was intelligent, sly, a warrior with a calculating mind, and a leader of an entire army that was under his every beck and call. Intimidating might even be too small of a word. Of course, Mathias had listened to Kota describe her father as she saw him and it was from that point that Mathias no longer saw only that side of the man. Besides, it was obvious he was a different man now. "Well, I guess that makes him a man of his word." he smiled lightly, twirling his thumbs nervously together. He looked up at Kota for a moment and laughed softly. "Sorry...I know, it's just your parents were so worried and so happy last time we saw them so I don't think they quite registered my presence there entirely... Mind you, they knew me before you were born and I was not a good man then." he pointed out. It was hard to admit such vulnerability, but with Kota he trusted her enough that it made it easier.

Crypt cast a narrowed glance in her direction but of course, it was still playful. "Terribly cruel of you to show me what love really is. I enjoyed being feared and hated..." he replied though his tone still dripped with sarcasm. Of course at the time he hadn't cared if people feared him, hated him, they had every reason to. Yet Pyra managed to get through to him and completely turn his world upside down, something that he still didn't regret. Ultimately if anyone were to ask him, Pyra saved him from a dark and dangerous fate. He strode over to her "Ah, well at least you have the kindness to still let me see her." he replied with a small grin. He stood behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist while she stood by the window. "Hmm shall we be off then?" he asked.
Last edited by DreamsandReality on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:43 pm

[I'd prefer to live. XD][Oh, right. Adorable distractions. Got it. XD]

Claire studied him closely, a little nervous as he remained silent for a moment. There was no exact expression upon his face though she could've sworn she sensed...disbelief from him. It was brief however so she wasn't that worried, knowing it was possibly hard to believe after other recent news. How could something so good happen after such a terrible thing? It was possible, but it didn't always feel like it. Even she knew that well. After what felt like forever, but was probably only a second, his eyes lit up and she felt so much happiness coming from him. Their son was healthy enough to go home, meaning that he was no longer close to death. Well he hadn't been for awhile now, but it was a comforting thought for her still. He was a strong man like his father, who has been struck with werewolf venom who knows how many times now. She smiled happily, not sure what to say now though he helped as he kissed​ her, nearly taking her breath although​ she steadied herself. Her eyes gleamed as she returned it and hugged him close, sighing in both amusement and joy. "Most share their joy through​ words you know." Claire shook her head, but it was​ easy to see that she wasn't complaining. "I didn't like him being in there..."

[I think you called Kota Ellie once in there. XD]

"Maybe once, but that was my fault. He's never hurt me..." she muttered, slightly defensive though she was calm. It had been her fault however, she should've stayed with her babysitters. Not that it mattered. Either way she would've learned about it although she was sure her parents would have preferred if she had been a little older. A teenager at least. There was no changing it. "...he would never hurt or intimidate his family. Not on purpose." If accidental he felt guilty and did everything he could to make up for it so she doubted he ever could by choice. He hadn't been pure evil and she knew it was mostly because of her mother whom started saving him before she was​ born. "He always was." Kota smiled slightly, thinking about it. Her father had even made promises to those who wronged him, but they were not as nice as the promises he made to her. "I'm sure they knew you were there. They might have seemed distracted but they never are, and you aren't that man anymore." She had never met the man he used to be, but she knew what others have said and what he told her himself about that time. "You haven't been for a long time, they'll see that."

"The night I told you how I felt I planned to run away, you should've let me if you didn't want this sort of life." It had been hard for her to tell him how she felt and she wasn't lying. That night she had planned to leave without a word of what was in her heart, but he convinced her to tell him and that's what started all this. Their relationship had not been easy in the beginning. He had always been working, only ever seeing her when she was upset and/or hurt, but after she had ceased her Rebel duties it had gotten better. "Well, she would hate me if I didn't. She's an adult now too so I can't exactly stop her from seeing​ you​ either." A smirk crossed her lips, she was​ having fun teasing him like this, but it faded into a small smile as she felt his arms around her waist. He was​ so warm and comforting, it was hard to believe that he had once been so cold and callous. "Mhm, it looks safe. I don't see anyone out there." She replied, her eyes closely scanning the street one last time before she let the curtain go.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Tue May 02, 2017 3:01 am

(Living is nice. XD) (Yep. Adorableness. XD)

Elijah smiled, reaching up to rest his hand against her cheek. "Words could never express this sort of joy..." he replied with a warm chuckle. Which was true in every sense of the word. To simply say he was happy was an understatement; it was an odd mixture of joy, relief, excitement, and even a bit of exhaustion. It was dreadful waking up every morning knowing their son was terribly injured, his fate undecided. Yet now he could come home, he could rest with the comfort of his family. Elijah leaned forward to press his forehead lightly against her's, a gentle smile upon his lips. "I did too...but he's okay now." he murmured as if to make it all seem more real. Both himself and Claire had always vowed to protect Tobias and although he was grown up and with a dangerous job, that need to make sure their son was safe would never leave. Elijah always felt it tug at his heart a little when even the smallest threats neared Tobias, wishing there was a way to shield their children from the ever creeping darkness.

(Yes, yes I did...but I fixed it. XD)

Mathias gazed at her thoughtfully and nodded, although he didn't pry any further into the matter. If it was really important for him to know. he was certain she would tell him. "Despite his past...I've always seen his loyalty to those he cares about. I can only imagine he was incredibly protective of you and your mother." he smiled gently. Not at all surprised to hear Crypt wouldn't hurt his family, even at the Fallen City it was clear the man was loyal. Mathias pondered this for a moment, staring out across the room with a thoughtful expression before being drawn back when she spoke. He gazed at Kota and smiled a little, nodding in acknowledgement. He clasped his hands together anxiously, running his thumb across the back of his other hand. "Perhaps...well I'm happy I'm not that man anymore, I would've never met you otherwise." he said lightly. He bit his lip and peered back out the window. Hopefully they see that... he took a deep breath, knowing he was really over-thinking all of this. Stress just had a funny way of getting to him.

"Mmm well I suppose a part of my cold and hateful self wanted this sort of life..." he replied with a small smile. There had always been a small part of Crypt that longed for this life, but he had, at the time, convinced himself it would never be possible. Then he met Pyra...things were rough at the start but that was to be expected given the person he was. It got better with time and patience though, a lot of balancing his two lives as well. "Hmm true, our little girl all grown up..." he said softly, though a small smirk still played across his lips. He held her close to him, breathing in her familiar scent, taking in the comforting warmth he knew so well. To this day he could never understand how she managed to get through to him, to find that soft side of him. "Well that's good news...perhaps it'll be an easy trip then." he said with a small note of hope, although nothing was ever that easy for them.
Last edited by DreamsandReality on Tue May 02, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Icy

Post by Icy » Tue May 02, 2017 3:48 pm

[Extremely nice. XD][Adorableness is both a blessing and a curse. XD]

Claire leaned into his hand, gently placing her own atop of his with a gentle smile. "Oh? Is that so? I think you've said those words before." She said quietly, thinking back. Elijah had been much too filled with joy to know what to say the day they married and when their children had been born. It had been much the same for her; words sometimes were never enough. Even now she felt it herself, unsure how to feel exactly. There were so many emotions in her system, they were all clashing and confusing her. In a good way as there was no sadness or pain. Just overwhelming joy. Yet a bit of that was​ probably coming from Elijah himself, they were very connected with their emotions. "He's strong like his father, just as stubborn as him too. Of course he might be more shy...but he won't go down without a fight." A tiny smirk spread across her lips, the same, playful, 'argument' they always had coming back up. Often they'd debate who their children took after more, of course they knew Hollie and Tobias took after them both. Their children were the perfect mix of both parents, others may see them as bias but that hardly mattered to them. "We will all be okay..."

[Yes, I can see that...but now you called Mathias Malcolm twice. XD]

Kota looked at Mathias with a silent sigh, wondering if he would ever manage to relax any. Possibly no, but she liked having hope. Hope was​ what had kept her going all these years after all, she wouldn't give it up so easily. "Yeah...he was. He even protected us from his Rebels. Not everyone had been happy that he had a family..." None of the Rebels had really hated her aside from a select few and she knew less hated her than her mother, she never understood why either. Perhaps jealousy, but she didn't want to think about it. There were other important things to worry about, like a hybrid to distract before he drew himself crazy with worry. A quiet huff left her lips as she looked at him again, using her foot to nudge him right off the edge of the couch. She giggled and drew her foot back, biting her lip as she tried to look as innocent as possible. "Wasn't me...!" Her voice heightened slightly to sound like that of a child, her lips in a tiny pout though she couldn't help but smile softly. "You are a good person Mathias...and maybe not, or maybe you still would have. Never know, Wolfie."

Pyra smiled softly, wondering if there had been some part of him that always craved this before she came along into his life. There must've been or else getting through to him wouldn't have been so easy she assumed, but who knew? Either way she felt honored to be the one to successfully melt the ice around his heart. "Hmm, I find that very hard to believe, you were oh so vicious back then." She teased, but of course they both knew the absolute truth. That she never saw him as vicious or cruel, even when he had killed in front of her. Why no one knew, not even her, but she did not think it mattered. Everyone deserved to be loved in her eyes. "Though she is she'll always be our little angel." Pyra reassured him, and she imagined most parents were that way with their children. No matter how old they were they were always their little ones. "Hey hey, enough of that. We have to go." She scolded lightly​ playfully she pulled away from him, moving towards the door before he could grab her again. "Checking the hospital will be the hardest part I imagine." It made her a little nervous to be going there yet again, but they had to be sure Dakota wasn't still there.

DreamsandReality

Post by DreamsandReality » Fri May 12, 2017 3:20 am

(Agreed. XD)

Elijah laughed quietly "Well, that may be so...but that only means I've had such joyous moments before." he pointed out. He knew for a fact that he's spoke these words before. He could recount every moment he's ever been at a loss for words because they could never express the depth of joy he felt. The day he married Claire and the days when their children were born were no doubt the most important. Now the day when their son was healthy enough to come home, to survive an attack like that. Perhaps just this once fate would be kind to them, it would turn a blind eye towards their situation and let them live with peace and happiness. He's looked Death in the eyes one too many times, he did not wish to meet him again anytime soon. "Stubborn? Please, he gets that from his mother." he replied with a grin. "Hmm he's a fighter for sure, just like his mother." Both Claire and Tobias were strong-willed and determined, it was one of many things he loved about them. Elijah's gaze softened a little and he drew her into a hug "We'll be okay..." he echoed.

(*flips table* I swear it's an accident. XD )

Mathias's gaze flickered towards Kota as she spoke, a tiny smile danced across his lips. There was something comforting about hearing that the 'cold and hateful monster of the Fallen City' truly had a heart, putting his family before even the Rebels. Such chaotic and strange times those were... he pondered, his gaze drifting towards a wall across the room. He's lived a long time, seen a lot of damage, watched rulers rise and fall, yet none of them were quite like Crypt Augustine. "He loves you guys dearly..." he agreed softly. "A shame the Rebels didn't offer him more support in that matter." he added with a small frown. It was curious to think some of the Rebels resented the family, surely they should've cared about the rest of the Augustine family just as much as they did for Crypt. It was a thought he didn't get to ponder long, feeling the slight pressure against him before he slipped off the edge of the couch. He let out a short yelp of surprise and whirled around to look at Kota. He narrowed daggers at her, but an accusing smirk lined his lips. "Uh-huh...I believe that whole-heartedly." he rolled his eyes. He laughed, sitting on the floor for a moment as he scratched the back of his head lightly. "Mmm, either way I'm happy I'm who I am now and even happier I'm here." he replied.

It was strange how one's past always seemed to come back around, to hang over their shoulder and taunt them with past mistakes, or dangle the moments of triumph in front of them. A constant reminder of everything they've ever done, whether good or bad, and perhaps that is why many saw immortality as a curse. Crypt, however, always saw it as a gift. Just as he opened his arms and accepted the vampiric fate, just as he never regretted anything he'd done. As far as he was concerned, everything happens for a reason and he wouldn't change a thing. Whether or not there was a part of him that craved this life prior to meeting Pyra he would never know...it was one of many questions he didn't think mattered. She got through to him somehow and he was at his happiest when he was with Pyra and Dakota, what more could he ask for? "Mmm that's true, I was quite the monster." he smirked softly. There were few things in life they didn't agree on, this being one of them. Pyra has always reassured him that she never saw him as a cold, vicious, monster...and yet for a while he could never see himself as anything else. When he looked in the mirror he saw two people...a loving husband and father, and a monster that's been buried deep into his soul. "Our precious little angel..." he agreed softly, it didn't matter how old Dakota got. She would always be their little girl. He pouted softly as she pulled away, scolding him, but an amused smile quickly replaced it. "Alright, alright." he relented, after all, they couldn't keep their daughter waiting forever. He followed her towards the door and nodded a little in return. The hospital...was going to be an interesting journey.

Icy

Post by Icy » Sat May 13, 2017 7:46 am

Claire looked at him innocently, playing coy as she studied him. "Oh have you...? I can't recall any moment before that would garner such words however..." She giggled, knowing he would know she could never forget such days that had made him so...happy. He was now in a much better mood however and she wanted to keep him that way, it was one of her major priorities in life. Her family was everything to her and she felt so lucky every day that she had them. No one could ever replace them. They've been through some​ heartbreaking things together, but for each hardship there had been just as many happy things. Every single one had a special place in her heart and mind, she wasn't bound to forget any of them any time soon for that would be a huge crime against the very essence of her soul. Perhaps that was a tad extreme, but that was the way she was and she preferred to be honest. That has never changed, though it was clear she learned to know when was the time to hold it back. "Excuse me? I think not. His father is much more stubborn, and she doesn't know a thing about fighting. As a lady I'm insulted." A giggle escaped her lips, thinking of how she usee to be. Weak, timid, human. Back then Claire hadn't known the first thing about combat, but over time Elijah, with the help of their few friends, had taught her so she could defend not only herself, but her family. "Besides his father knows a lot more about fighting than she does." She huffed, yet her soft smile returned as he held her, the one place in the world where she felt the most safe...his arms.

[-ducks- That was close. ;-; Or was it an accident!? XD]

Kota thought about her father, a gentle smile crossing her lips. He had been harsh, she's seen him be so, but around hwr and her mother he was soft and caring. All around he was a man she was proud to call her father. Everyone had some darkness in them after all, and she had always been aware of his, but she didn't see it as a good reason to hate someone. Not unless they were hurting her or her family... it was a different story then. "I imagine they were worried, that we would take him away from them. They were a sort of family, they really didn't like losing anyone..."she replied quietly, smiling sadly. The death or retirement of even one Rebel had hît them all hard, she could see it in them every time it happened and she had times where she felt...guilty for having needed her father as much as she did as a little girl. Her focus returned to him as he soon yelped, giggling softly as she ran her fingers through her hair. "Good, since it's the truth! Wasn't me at all." She pouted at him, as if the tiny gesture would help to convince him, even if she knew better. "At least it got you to laugh, a worried frown doesn't fit you you Wolfie." Kota ruffled his hair before sitting back again, burrowing into the warmth of the couch. "I'm happy to hear that...I'd be sad if you weren't happy here, it would mean I'm doing something wrong."

Pyra studied her dear husband as he seemed to get lost in thought, tilting her head as she imagined what it was that he was thinking about. Possibly the past...who he used to be. Someone she never saw him as. Call her crazy but she liked the fact she had been different from the rest and she would never change a thing. It gave her this wonderful life and though there were some struggles it was perfect. She smiled faintly as he came to, stepping closer and placing her hands on either side of his face, looking him directly in the eyes. "Just remember that you mister are my monster, and I love you so deeply." Her voice was soft, her eyes full of nothing but love for this man in front of her. Sometimes he had these worries that she would suddenly see him as what he thought he was, but everytime she reassured him that she still saw the same man she's seen since the day she fell in love with him. Gently she pressed her lips to his in a sweet, but short, kiss, pulling away after a moment to move back towards the door. They had to go now before it was no longer nighttime, she'd be so upset to disappoint their little girl. "There's a certain girl I'm sure would agree with me waiting for us, we can't disappoint her you know." She giggled, carefully opening the door and stepping out into the hall.