Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:25 pm

Lyra stayed silent as they entered the castle. The couple made their way through the quiet corridors, the only sound being their foot steps echoing about. They arrived at her door, both pausing in front of it. Her gaze was fixed on the wood as she took in a breath. There was so much to say, so much she wanted to tell him, and yet she was at a loss for words.

How could she possibly tell him that being around him and Mor was the first time since she lost everything she knew, that she felt she belonged? How could she tell him that she wanted to learn everything about him and how he lived? How could she tell him that she had forgiven him as soon as he had stabbed her that day they first met? How could she tell Azriel that all the freedom in the world was worth nothing, if you didn't have someone to share it with?

Her right hand squeezed tightly around the grip of the sword the King had won for her. Lyra could feel her heart pounding in her chest as she searched for the courage to say what she wanted to say, no, what she needed to say. "Azriel I...I want this. I want there to be an us. It-" her voice cracked and so she took a moment to clear her throat and close her eyes. "There are so many things I want to say, and yet..." Lyra sighed deeply as she finally turned to look at the young King, mist in her green eyes. "What's important now is getting your sister back. I will be with you every step of the way and I will help in any way that I can." That is when she tucked the sword under her left arm and brought her right hand to his face. She stroked his cheek lightly, a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "Whether if is fate or destiny or some higher power, you are in my life. I can not forget you so easily. So I will stay...and we will see where things go."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:44 am

Azriel waited for Lyra to reply. Once again, his flawed patience made it impossible for him to be able to wait for her reply. He would make himself respect whatever decision Lyra came to for herself, at any cost. She had lost so much, and he would not try to steer her life in any direction she did not want to go in. He knew how he felt about her. But he wasn't sure how she felt about him just yet. There was no doubt he felt a pull from her, but he wouldn't let himself come to any conclusion yet. She was still mourning for the loss of her people, the loss of her the life she knew since she was born, and the loss of anything she ever thought she knew.

He couldn't expect her to make any decision concerning him out of mere and pure choice of heart. There were many other factors clouding her decision. Still, when she told Azriel she wanted whatever it was they were feeling between each other he couldn't help the hope that brewed. Her next words were indefinite and inconclusive but he knew one thing was when she placed her hand on his cheek. The calm it gave him and the peace it brought him told him told him he did not care what status they're relationship took. As long as she remained beside him, he would ask for nothing more. And that was exactly what she offered him.

Lyra's last words resonated with him. Whether if it's fate or destiny...you are in my life. The smile on her lips when she said that only sweetened her words more. Azriel gave her his own smile in return, genuine and grateful. His hand brushed over the wound on her shoulder, "I will for the rest of my life try to make up for the pain I've caused you, Lyra. I may not have told Tamun to go to your village, but he was still under my rule and I am responsible for what he did. I acted rashly out of blind rage and hurt you. I had no excuse to do such thing." The king looked into Lyra's eyes, showing a bit of vulnerability as he confessed, "When I took you into the room, ready to do whatever it took to get what I wanted...Lyra that was my moment of weakness. As a king, and as a man. I will never alow myself to reach that point again and I will spend the rest of my life making it up to you."

He realized something very important in that moment but did not say it. He would save it for a more memorable occasion. For now, Azriel placed a promising kiss on Lyra's forehead. It was full of promises. That he would take care of her and her him, he would respect her, he would do whatever he could to make her hapy, and he would cherish her every day. He pulled back then and led her through the gates back into the castle. This time they didn't feel as suffocating. He led her up the stairs, through the halls and past the corridors to their wing of the castle.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Lyra closed her eyes as Azriel planted a light kiss on her forehead. It was a simple gesture, even a friendly gesture, yet she could tell it meant so much more. She could feel the warmth of his breath still, even after he pulled away. She felt marked by him and she supposed in a way she was. Not in a possessive way, no it was more in a way of pride. Like he was saying he was proud to have her near and wasn't afraid to show it.

"I suppose this is goodnight...or is it good morning now?" Her chuckle was soft and sleepy as she adjusted the sword under her arm. "We both need some rest for later tonight. I'm sure Mor and Bri would want us at our best." Without another word she reached for her door knob and entered her room, stealing one last look at the handsome King's face before closing the door.

Lyra walked over to the chest at the end of the bed and placed the sword there. She slid off her shoes and placed the wolf doll on the bed before slipping out of her clothes and into a thin, light, knee length sleeping gown. So much had happened and so much had been said and yet there was so much left to be spoken. However, sleep was calling and there was no room for the thought swirling in her mind. The woman slid into her bed and under the covers, holding the wolf in hers, falling asleep with a smile on her face.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:18 am

Azriel stood outside Lyra's door and watched her close it. He found himself promising to be at this exact place tomorrow night, wishing Lyra goodnight. He would do this every night as long as Lyra was willing to stay. He would treat her like a queen and perhaps, the excitement of the night began to make him think crazy things, but he hoped to make her one someday. It seemed near impossible, but walking into his room after spending the night with Lyra, he knew he would try for her. No matter how impossible it seemed, he knew what he felt would never stop feeling this way about Lyra and he would do anything he could to make him happy.

Azriel looked at the pile of paperwork on his desk. Finances, letters, proposals, and other immediate work that needed to get done before the morning. He shut his door and sat at the desk, already getting to work. Once in a while the king would pause and remember Lyra's smile including the fact that he caused it, and smile himself.

By the time the knock came on his door, Azriel was bathed and dressed. Though he looked as he always did in his usual attire, he looked a bit more tired than usual. The servant came in with food and the schedule for the day. Azriel only murmured thanks and picked up a bread on his way out of his room. He stopped briefly and looked at Lyra's door. For the first time in a very long time, he started his day with a smile. A small smile. but a smile nonetheless. Azriel had wanted to leave a note out for Lyra but he wasn't sure if she would be able to read it. Luckily, he met her maids on his way to the throne room and asked them to the message for her to have a good day and let her guard know if she needed anything.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:12 pm

Lyra slept long and hard that night. There were no dreams or nightmares and she only vaguely remembered trying to be awakened by one of her maids. She slept until lunch time when an angry short and stout woman left a tray of food on the table in her room. She huffed at Lyra before leaving and it was probably she who had tried to wake Lyra earlier that morning.

Her day was one of leisure as she spent it in her room, eating fruits and whatever else the maids brought. She read books on her balcony, the light wind tossleing her curls, and when she felt like it she napped in the sun like a lazy cat. Her attire was a simple, light weight linen dress in a muted blue. It had short sleeves and a deep v neckline with two high slits in the skirt that came up to her upper thighs. It was flowy and comfortable sitting there in her little pillow nest on the bacony. Occasionally she'd look out over Azriel's kingdom, amazed that so many people depended on his rule. Then her mind would wander to the events that would take place late in the night and return to her books. There was plenty of time to worry about all the things that needed worrying later. For now she enjoyed the sunsun and her books.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:14 am

Azriel watched Mor conduct his physical assessment of each soldier that would eventually fight for the kingdom. Among them were men of different shapes and sizes. Then there was Mor, covered in sweat with eyes so focused and concentrated he missed the arrival of the king. Mor only turned when the soldiers began to bow and did the same, his face breaking out into a grin.
"The King has graced us with his presence," those who weren't used to Mor's casual speech with the king shuffled uncomfortably. They were from the out sketches of the kingdom where only important news reached them and if it did, it was slow. Mor straightened up, the others following his lead. Azriel surveyed the large crowd and Mor spoke again, "This is the first quarter of men. Every day will be a different quarter...we're doing things differently this year." Azriel nodded in understanding and approval, though he always trusted Mor was doing what was right. "I need to talk to you," there was a tension in the room at that and Mor turned to the soldiers, "Drink some water and talk amongst yourselves, get to know each other."
Once alone, Azriel told Mor about the letter he received from Gani and the plan. "I will not ask for you to leave your role here, but I knew you would want to know." Mor was silent for a few minutes or so, probably thinking of ways he would be able to join Azriel. When he thought of nothing, he capped the king on the shoulder, firm, "I know you'll bring Bri back to us. Just be careful." Those last three words was what Mor told Azriel every time he could not travel with him. Azriel gave his friend a small smile, "Same to you." And just like that, they went their seperate ways.
By the time Azriel had arranged for everything, it was late in the evening. He decided to go see Lyra finally, and tell her about what he had planned. He also wanted to go see her because he hadn't seen her all day. The latter thought was still floating around in his mind as he knocked on Lyra's door a few minutes later.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm

Lyra was so absorbed in her book that she absentmindedly said, "Come in." She still sat on the balcony and had hardly moved all day except to grab the food left for her. It hadn't crossed her mind that the knock at the door would be the King, she assumed it was another maid coming in to leave more food or offer to help her with a bath. So when the door opened she didn't look to see who it was.

Lyra stretched, lengthening her body, and wiggled her toes, sighing before settling into place again. It wasn't long before she felt like she was being stared at, looking to see who it was. "Oh!" She said with surprise, quickly standing. "Azriel, I didn't know it was you!" She laughed nervously. "Guess I was distracted." Lyra suddenly felt very exposed in her attire. She had thought she would have plenty of time to change before Azriel came to see her, but being so captivated by her books she had lost track of time.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:49 am

Azriel walked into the room once he heard Lyra's voice inside telling him to enter. He would have been lying if he said the view he saw didn't catch him by surprise. He took in Lyra's attire, simple yet it fitted her as if the dress was made for her. He took in it's features, no doubt admiring how the color seemed to make her skin glow. At the back of his mind he wondered how many dresses like those she had. It suited her.
His steps slowed down before stopping completely as he watched Lyra stretch like a cat that's been in the sun. It was a movement so natural and at home that Azriel felt some warmth inside him, that he was able to make Lyra at home in his castle.

At her laughter Azriel's eyes went to hers for the first time since he'd walked in the room. Her words coaxed a smile out of the king and just like that, he felt the burden on his shoulders lessen. "I'm sorry it seems I caught you by surprise...a good surprise I hope." He stood where he was and observed her carefully. With each second that passed the smile reached his eyes more and more until amusement began to dance in them. "You look wonderful," he complimented her, "Makes me wonder what you'd look like in a ball room gown...or without," he walked towards her, his tone as light as it had been the night before and his movements as inviting as his smile. "How was your second day? Better than the first I hope?" he took notice of the books scattered about and his smile widened a bit.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:08 pm

"It's always lovely to see you." Lyra said quietly with a smile. Setting down her book she came just a little closer to him. She watched as Azriel kept his eyes on her, a smile on his lips. It was strange to think she had never noticed how handsome he was before. The way his posture seemed to relax a little when he came around. The way his hair and beard seemed effortlessly kept. The way he exuded strength and intelligence. And his eyes. Those stormy gray eyes of his that seem to hold her in a different light.

Lyra was caught off guard by his compliment having been lost in thought. A pink tint colored her face as she brushed a few curls behind her ear. She could feel the twinge in her heart, a breath almost catching in her throat. An excitement rose in her that she tried to bury before he even had the chance notice. Azriel closed the distance between them, smiling all the while. "It was...relaxing. surprisingly. I tried to keep my mind busy or else I knew I'd work myself into a panick thinking of everything that's to come." She chuckled lightly, trying to forget his previous comment and wish the pink from her face. "Are you...are you nervous? About the next few days I mean." Her eyes searched his face as she waited for an answer.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:21 am

There was a warmth that filled Azriel when he saw the red tint on Lyra's cheeks. He merely observed her as she seemed to continue to keep herself composed. Her question made him pause, the smile effortlessly slipping away as it had appeared moments before. The look on his face was nothing short of thoughtful and a bit enigmatic. "Am I nervous?" He repeated the question. He looked back at some of the things that he had done for the kingdom and how he had felt during those times. None compared to what he felt now.

It was a mixture of calm because of confidence and fear for the sake of all thar could go wrong. "No. I'm confider in this plan. But the stakes are high, and that makes me worried. But there needs to be a little uncomfort before any decision, or there is no progress. How do you feel?" He askes Lyra. He was curious to know what she felt and what she thought, not about this but about everything in the castle. "I know this is a drastic change from what you may be used to."