The Silver Isles

Uriel_of_Auror

Re: The Silver Isles

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:08 pm

Uriel laughed lightly at Serac's questions. Indeed he had heard them many times before, even asked them himself when he had first arrived. Unfortunately for Serac however, there was no one here who knew anything to answer his questions.

"I'm sorry Serac, I'm sure things are quite confusing and frustrating. It's never easy, your first few days on The Isles. I don't mean to be the bearer of bad news, but you likely know as much about those subjects as we do. No one is sure why we're here, some say we're all being punished for our past lives. Some think that it's a chance at redemption. Some take the nihilistic rout and think that it's meaningless. As for the truth, there's no real evidence that anything brought us here in the first place. The only person who might know anything is Sylis, and he either won't say anything about it or genuinely doesn't know. Either way, we've tried many times to get answers from him, but they're always the same..." Uriel stopped himself from saying anything else. He didn't want to spend his arrival day working, he just wanted to relax and have fun. With a heavy sigh he closes his eyes, remembering back to his extensive visit with Sylis when he first came to The Isles. Uriel had stayed on the ship for an entire day, asking as many questions as he could come up with before Sylis got bored and shooed him off the ship.

"If you think you can get more answers from him though, I'd suggest waiting by the docks-" With the arrival of Neeko, Uriel glanced over to the door, then back to Serac. "after all, it seems like we have another new arrival. Sylis might still be there..."

Andromeda, The Butcher of Men kept her eyes on Serac the entire time. It seemed that Serac was on to something and she liked that he was so forward with his questions. She wondered if he would be so forward in a fight as well. Not that she wanted to fight him, but she wanted to see what destruction he was capable of. Raziel did the exact opposite. His gaze was on Serac in an attempt to watch his movements. That way if Serac tried anything, Raziel would be ready to stop him. After all, Moriarty likely wouldn't do anything and the other two, Rose and Arreis seemed distracted by other things.

Rose seemed like she wasn't needed at the moment. As Raziel seemed to have a voice of reason for the time being, she thought she would instead go to the elf at the other table. Her long flowing white gown trailed behind her as she approached Raine's table. Her dark hair cascading over her shoulders like water on rocks. With a gentle voice she spoke to rain and smiled a warm smile. "I don't mean to be a bother, but would you mind if I take a seat next to you? I couldn't help but notice that you had an interest with the council?"

With the separation of the group and the isolation of Rose, the aura's seemed to dissociate into more distinct vibes. That meant that Rose carried her tranquil and calm aura over to Raine, like a warm motherly hug it washed over and wrapped around Raine. Rose awaited patiently for Raine's answer.

Nigel had been busy following Ermaer and looked over his shoulder at little Neeko. Looking over Nigel's shoulder was Arreis, her smaller body having to use her luna moth wings to keep her afloat. She peered through her eagle eyes down to little Neeko with a wide and curious grin with her wolf snout.

YusiFirefox3699

Post by YusiFirefox3699 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:42 pm

His breathing quickened and his vision began to blur as Neeko felt panic overtaking him. ‘This wasn’t real, it couldn’t be, this… this…’ he found himself thinking, and then he heard someone speak to him. What appeared to be an Elven man was addressing him, and it took Neeko a moment to process what he had said. "You looking for someone?" the question echoed around Neeko’s head, the panic making it hard for him to remember what he had come here for. He looked down and realized that at some point in his panic, he had unwittingly started wringing his tail in his hands out in the open for everyone to see. He squeaked and jumped as he quickly shoved his tail back into his overalls, hoping no one had noticed, a red blush starting to spread across his cheeks. “I...I-i’m looking f-f-for a m-m-meat?” he started, slowly looking back up to the man only to find a bird person, and a strange looking being peering at him from behind the man as well. The additional attention made Neeko shrink back a little before continuing “I-i-i’m supposed to t-t-t-talk to a-a-a Meat o-or the M-m-mayor… that’s what Mr. S-s-sh-shalkrasssska told me to d-do…” Neeko didn’t like this one bit, all of this was too new and far too scary for him, but maybe these people could help him.
May the stars align to guide you

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:35 pm

Ermaer looked at the boy and was at a loss for how to feel. "Kids that age get taken too?" he thought to himself uncomfortable with this new discovery. "Well," he said as did his best to flash a kind smile to the clearly nervous boy, "Meat is in his office, and with how he just treated another newcomer," he said as he pointed towards Sah'rehna, "I wouldn't recommend going in there. The mayor is more accessible though," Ermaer said and pointed towards Uriel, "That's the guy. He himself seems quite agreeable, but watch out for his... advisors I think they are, some of them seem quite stern." Ermaer then looked towards Nigel, "You wanna grab something before we head out?" he asked the avian man.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

Alsanna

Post by Alsanna » Fri Jun 07, 2019 6:11 pm

Serac paid no mind to the doors opening and granting entry to another newcomer, choosing to focus on getting his answers, instead. The moment the Mayor mentioned not being able to answer his questions, his expression dropped to one that is far more displeased. At the mention of Captain Sylis possibly being at the docks, however, he perked back up, his gaze finally shifting to the boy who just entered; eyes piercing through him with a dim glow sparked from both anger towards the Captain and renewed vigor to get his answers.

The dragon then knew what he needed to do. He would go to the captain to try and get more answers out of him and maybe pay him back for shooting him out of the sky. If Sylis refused to answer, or just wasn't there, he would start exploring further inland on the island. He vowed to uproot every tree if he needed to.

"I appreciate you humoring me, Mayor. I will seek out the Captain, should he still be docked, and see if there is anything more he'd be able to divulge." He states, standing from his seat and offering the group a respectful bow, regardless that Rose had gone to converse with another patron. "Thank you all for your time. If you'll excuse me." With this, he turns and makes his way out of the bar, taking flight towards the dock with such ferocity that he upheaves a cloud of dust, sand, and pebbles, which is quick to disperse into the air.

He had to reach the dock before the captain shipped out again. He had some unfinished business with that necromancer, after all, and the sooner he could get it 'settled,' the sooner he could figure out what secrets this island held, and hopefully, the sooner he could get off of the island and get back to the more important matters at hand. As the dock came into view, so did the familiar looking ship. Snorting out a plume of thick smoke, Serac lands heavily on the deck of the ship, near the bow and began looking around for the captain in question.
"I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."
-Augusten Burroughs

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:39 am

Tinzel glanced towards the door for a brief second before returning her gaze towards the counsel's table. It would take a quick second glance before her eyes would widen at the sight of the small boy. It wasn't often,at least during her shifts, that they would find a child whom belonged to no one at the doors of the tavern. Placing her hands behind her back, she excused herself silently as she makes her way towards the boy.

Her twin, lengthy blonde twists tumbled over her right shoulder, standing in a bright contrast to the black and red wench dress. The boots from her heeled boots would be precisely placed as she neared the entrance. Her eyes trail over Ermaer a moment then shifts towards Akron before finally settling on the child.

"Why....hello tiny man....can I show you to a table?" She appeared to be a simple human woman, perhaps the most normal looking soul in this dining hall. She brought a hand out to motion towards a table just behind Uriel, a gentle smile crossing her face as she does so. If she knew anything, she knew Uriel would protect the innocence of a child, so this seemed to be the perfect spot for such a lad.

---

Raine was enthralled with the moment of pause, anticipation seeming to slow down all time around her. That was until Uriel laughed lightly. Before he even spoke, she knew she wouldn't find her answers from the words spilled from his lips. Her gaze shifts towards her table though as she continues to listen none the less. Some words Uriel spoke, though she could hear them, didn't quite have a translation nor definition for. 

It was the approaching of Rose though that drew her attention from the wood grain to her grace and beauty. Her wide, azure eyes took in this woman's form, strangely fascinated by a woman of her power and as she took in her brown curls. Her eyes would linger on the pointed ears but narrow a bit before she returns her eyes back towards her own. She offered a simple nod to her as a warm smile would cross her face. It was during this time, that she began to lose track of the conversation occurring at the Councils table, let alone the entry of such a small child.

Rose had her full attention now, her fingers dancing around the chain around her neck as she raises a booted foot from under the table and gently pushes the chair out for Rose to be able to take a seat. A blush would dance over her moon blue skin as she pulls herself up into a more proper sitting position. It was common in her elven village that when you were granted opportunity with one of higher ranking, you treat them with the most respect. Verbal will only get one so far, so it is a must for your body to reflect your intentions.

“You may do whatever you please Miss…” She furrowed her brows a bit as she spoke the words of this unusual tongue, but she was still finding it a blessing. She watched her though, as if she was trying to find the proper approach to her.

“I am Raine... I am much like him…” She raises a hand to gesture to the now departing Serac, her eyes look around as if to try and catch what she may have missed when it came to his departure, but simply found no answer. Instead, her eyes settled on the young child before she noted those who were coming around to tend to him. Returning her eyes back to Rose she laughs a bit hesitantly. There goes the one she was going to ask for assistance now.

“I mean...in the being lost...But I am not certain he met the same Sylis I had...or perhaps I perceived our interactions differently.” Her fingers return to fiddling with the chain once more as she settled on Rose. Being a believer that everything happened for a reason, she had to believe that Rose had chose to come to her table for a reason, and it would be foolish to miss what opportunity could be presented here.
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | The Silver Isles - Raine

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

Uriel_of_Auror

Post by Uriel_of_Auror » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:10 pm

He had to reach the dock before the captain shipped out again. He had some unfinished business with that necromancer, after all, and the sooner he could get it 'settled,' the sooner he could figure out what secrets this island held, and hopefully, the sooner he could get off of the island and get back to the more important matters at hand. As the dock came into view, so did the familiar looking ship. Snorting out a plume of thick smoke, Serac lands heavily on the deck of the ship, near the bow and began looking around for the captain in question
Sylis was in fact on the ship, he was currently at the wheel giving orders to his crew of skeletons. Once he saw Serac had landed he frowned and furrowed his brow.

"SSSo, what bringsss you back to good old SSSylisss today? If you're looking for an apology, I'm not interesssted. I've already forgiven you for beeing ssso rude on your firssst day, ssso there'sss no need to give me one." Sylis chuckled and then frowned again. "In all ssseriousssnessssss though, I'm not interesssted in whatever it is you're here for."

Sylis leans on the wheel and stares down at the Draconian with his yellow slitted eyes. He seemed either bored, annoyed, or a combination of the two. Regardless, it was apparent that he wanted you to leave and wanted it as soon as possible.
Tinzel glanced towards the door for a brief second before returning her gaze towards the counsel's table. It would take a quick second glance before her eyes would widen at the sight of the small boy. It wasn't often,at least during her shifts, that they would find a child whom belonged to no one at the doors of the tavern. Placing her hands behind her back, she excused herself silently as she makes her way towards the boy.
Arreis watched how Tinzel greeted the guest and smiled at the small boy. There was something about his features that Arreis found quite interesting and she wanted to learn more about him.

"Hi! I'm Arreis, I can take you over there if you'd like? I'm nice, I promise! I'll even introduce you to the others. They may be scary, but they won't hurt you. Everyone's here just to have fun. So how about it buddy?" Arreis's voice was similar in childlike wonder and matched his somewhat youthful tone. However there was plenty of experience behind her words, much like Neeko's.
“I am Raine... I am much like him…” She raises a hand to gesture to the now departing Serac, her eyes look around as if to try and catch what she may have missed when it came to his departure, but simply found no answer. Instead, her eyes settled on the young child before she noted those who were coming around to tend to him. Returning her eyes back to Rose she laughs a bit hesitantly. There goes the one she was going to ask for assistance now.

“I mean...in the being lost...But I am not certain he met the same Sylis I had...or perhaps I perceived our interactions differently.” Her fingers return to fiddling with the chain once more as she settled on Rose. Being a believer that everything happened for a reason, she had to believe that Rose had chose to come to her table for a reason, and it would be foolish to miss what opportunity could be presented here.
"Sylis is a unique being here on The Silver Isles. We're not sure how, but he's somehow able to get all kinds of goods for trade. Anything from magical potions, to food, and even technologies that no one on The Isles seems to understand. We're just thankful he's willing to trade with us. Without him, we're not sure how we would be able to survive with our current numbers..." Rose realized she was talking a bit too much, she had come over to talk to Raine, not about work. "I am Rose, I'm the one who is in charge of charity work and helping those who can't help themselves. If you ever need a place to stay or a warm blanket, stop by my office and I'll see what we can do for you."

Rose wasn't intending to end the conversation, but definitely make sure that Raine knew that she had options outside of "The Traveler's Taste".

"Where are you from? If you remember?" Rose has noticed the pendant around her neck, Sylis would give them to newcomers who didn't understand any of the languages of The Isles, as a way to help them survive and because Sylis finds it annoying otherwise.
Ermaer then looked towards Nigel, "You wanna grab something before we head out?" he asked the avian man.
Nigel looked at his bag on his back and let it slide to the ground. He rummaged through it a moment and then slung it back up over his shoulder. "Nigel is ready whenever you are Ermaer! Nigel will help!"

DMLyJa

Post by DMLyJa » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:46 am

Raine’s eyes watched her as she spoke of Sylis, more importantly, she watched her lips. A single brow raised at her comments on the peoples need for him and the goods he would be able to provide the people there. It was though her comment about nor being able to survive at their current numbers that caused her to raise her eyes quickly back to her Roses. It was a most interesting moment to curve the conversation, but a smile crossed her face politely none the less.

Her introduction and title brought a respectful nod in greeting. Had they been standing, she would have bowed to her in not only greeting, but servitude. It took a great woman to take on the challenges no one wanted to tackle. This wasn’t much of an issue back home, but it was one she could understand and now have the opportunity to appreciate and accept should she need to.

“Your offer is very kind and openly received…” She spoke in a soft but appreciative tone as she offers another nod to her. The questions she asked though, caused her to shift a bit before she lowers her hands back towards the table as she shifts her eyes. It was indeed the first time that she was even asked about her homelands and the feelings it caused within her, she didn’t really understand. Her lips pursed for a moment before she looked back towards Rose, a decision coming into play and decided before she lands her eyes on Roses again.

“I will state that I am…near The High Forest…” She spoke in a firm fashion, to show she didn’t want to elaborate on it much further. Within in just seconds though, her tone softened a bit and her features even appeared a bit saddened for a flash of a moment. “I apologize if I came off rude or anything. I simply…feel comfortable talking about…well…me…really…” She offered a kind smile. “…just not yet…”
Current Active RP's I Am Participating In:

Sirens Call Tavern - Belia Frelve'len | Tempted Fates - Fayette 'Faye' Delsh
Rite Of Passage - Anniyah 'Ann' Crest | The Silver Isles - Raine

Thanks for all the fun folks!!

Fluffking

Post by Fluffking » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:28 pm

Sah'rehna's hands kept working with the tiny gears, picking them up and placing them on the ever increasingly complicated layer of gears and parts that grew besides the watch. But as she was ready to put the next piece on she noticed a hole. Too big for any single gear and not quite big enough to fit two either. The tower besides the pocket watch stood because she had placed every part with hawk-eyed precision, she wouldn't be able to stack the rest of the gears without continuing the tower. "Gods I hope this works," she said and turned the pocket watch around and catching the rest of the gears in a hopeful not moved manner in her other hand.

Now she realized why the hole's size was as it was. The two gears were of different smaller sizes. Working quickly she put back each gear from the place she took it and before the next minute she had managed to get everything but the clock face and legs on. Checking that she'd done everything correctly she winded the clockwork up and... a metallic ticking sound came from the clock. Once a second. She then placed the clock face back, and did her best to get the legs on too, Sah'rehna would have liked to set the time of the watch too, but she had no reference point and as such was unable of doing so. "Tinzel!" she yelled over the crowd, "Seems I got the watch working again." she proclaimed as she watched the clock leg moving that tiny bit for each tick.
You feel like you know me? Don't be so sure, I decided what you know.

YusiFirefox3699

Post by YusiFirefox3699 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:13 pm

“Ah--ah Thank you!” Neeko replied to the kind elven man, slightly upset that his attention was drawn elsewhere once he finished his spiel, but understanding nonetheless. Besides, it seemed as if Neeko had begun to draw a lot of attention. Neeko glanced back and forth between the human girl, and… well Neeko wasn’t really sure what the being calling itself Arreis was, but she seemed.. Nice? The blush on his cheeks deepened as they both offered to take him over to the table and he inched slightly closer to the human before nodding. “Th-th-that would be n-nice… thank you. I n-n-need to speak with the mayor t-too… so…” Neeko looked down to the floor with a bit of embarrassment. “Thank you..” he muttered once again and began to follow them.
May the stars align to guide you