[F} Masked, Il Secondo

CinnamonBones

[F} Masked, Il Secondo

Post by CinnamonBones » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:00 am

The air in Chicago was heavy and grey as the sun set over the horizon. The city was slowly brightening as thousands of lights flickered to light across the city, illuminating the main streets and neighbourhoods, but leaving the alleys and the industrial areas dark as the sky. The wind picked up the smell of the earthy scent of the bay and dragged it through the streets, leaving the fog musty and thick. The hazy light barely illuminated the young woman as she strode across the rooftops. Her red hair lifted and trailed in the fog, neon against the starless sky. After all, she thought to herself, how else was she supposed to make an impression when she dropped down onto an unsuspecting criminal?

Sally Phoenix was patrolling. It was nothing new, nothing out of the ordinary, but tonight she was alone. It was August 27th, and the night before last, she had sent out an SOS. The timing was rough, as Brooklyn had been hit by Atomic the following morning. Her chances of receiving any help had dropped to nearly zero in that moment, as she had resigned herself to the probability of having to defend Chicago alone. She could not, and would not, ever accept that Witch was gone. If she had to raize Chicago to the ground, she would find her partner and bring her home.

Still, a small spark of hope stayed in her chest, praying that someone would arrive to help her. As she made her way down into Englewood, She caught sight of a shady dealing in an alley. Unfortunately for them, not only was Sally’s vision great in the dark, but they were just close enough to the street lamp for her to make them out. She paused, sitting on her heels as she watched them. One of them, a tall man with scaly skin, and the other, what appeared to be either a teenager or a small adult. They were both looking around, but neither of them looked up. A small smile creeped up the edges of Sally’s mouth as the smaller person in the hoodie touched the box that the man had presented to them. There was a sound of fluttering and the box was suddenly overflowing with pieces of paper, some of which fluttered to the ground.

It looked like Sally was gonna bust a counterfeit ring tonight.

Across the city, in a run down warehouse in just north of Loop, Sulfur lounged on a chaise outside a locked, soundproof room. They had been using the warehouse for a few weeks, as it was on the dock that had been added to the off limits sector last month. How lucky he was that the “gas leak” problems the city was having just kept expanding across the docks, making more and more empty warehouses so accessible. Already, his gang had set up all of the equipment and furniture they had brought from the last base. They’d been lucky to find a building with a room already constructed- they’d simply had to soundproof it and fix the bright lights inside.

Inside that room was Sulfur’s new treasure- Witch, aka Alyssa Johnson. A brief rummaging through her phone and Cape identification cards had provided more than enough information to track down her real identity and her Wardens file. Thank god for that techromancer he’d found earlier that year- that kid had proven invaluable. He was flipping through pages and photos that had been printed off. Her whole life, right there in his hands. And knowing who she was was leading to the identity of his worst pest; her partner, Pyro.

The fiery Cape had proven more difficult to identify than Witch. He had her face, now unmasked, but facial recognition provided nothing, and his mancer couldn’t find her anywhere except in relation to Alyssa. She still had no idea he had found her name yet, but he would relish telling her. She’d been in the room with his new toy for a while, and Malachite had warned him that it could cause permanent damage if he left it running for too long. Sulfur didn’t want to permanently hurt Alyssa- she’d be useless then, he told himself. There was certainly no other reason he would want to make sure she didn’t suffer permanent damage. Certainly not.

His feet were tapping, and his impatience finally got the best of him. He hopped up, straightening out his clothes. If you didn’t leave an impression, you weren’t doing it right, and Sulfur always left an impression with his looks. The purple trench coat over the black and grey suit might have been a touch overkill, though. He picked up an ice cold water bottle from the table outside the door as he unlocked it, a grin splitting his face as he readied himself to see Witch’s face.

Out in West Garfield Park, and outside of his dark, cold room, Evan could hear the sound of metal creaking. It barely registered as the voices in his head continued to scream. Dozens of voices, screaming their pain, their happiness, their anger. He could feel everything that they felt, every sting of pain, every loving caress, every mind numbing heartbreak. He could see from their eyes, could hear what they heard, and it was deafening to him. How did she handle all of this? How did Witch stand all of this flooding her at every waking moment. Even in his sleep, he could hear screams and cries, both of pain and delight, and it was killing him. His head was pounding and his eyes hurt. His entire body was sore and shaky and it just wouldn't STOP.

A sudden loud noise outside on the fire escape pushed him over the edge, and he clawed his way up off the floor, falling onto the window ledge. He was going to kill whatever was out there, rip it limb from limb, absolutely obliterate it until the noise stopped. The noise had to stop, it had to stop, it had to stop.

Last edited by CinnamonBones on Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I like to look at you from a distance I like when you scream in my face
Afraid to say the right words in the right order, So they make sense to a person with such grace
What if my dreams dont become reality? Is my life just a big mistake? Will I be happy for the times I had?
Or would I reconsider and recalculate?
I wanna be heard, but leave no trace
I wanna be seen, but take no space

Read my not-a-fanfiction thread!

Trinity

Re: [F} Masked, Il Secondo

Post by Trinity » Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:46 am

"WHEN I WAKE UP! WELL I KNOW I'M GONNA BEEEEE!
"I'M GONNA BEEEE SOME THING SOMETHING YEAH I KNOW I'M GONNA BEEEEE!"

The voice, inhuman and screeching, carried loudly throughout the backalleys and streets as Sarah strode down a main sidewalk. Even this late at night, a handful of drunks, graveyard shifters, and bums watched her screaming her heart out. Belting out words to a song she didn't know, but sung like she damn well wrote it, and managing to miss every single note along the way

"IF I GET DRUNK WHICH I DON'T NO I DON'T DOOOO!

"SOMETHING I HAVE A GONNA BE HAVING TOOO!"

It was impressive, and extraordinarily embarrassing. Not that Sarah felt embarrassed, or realized that she should feel that way. She didn't see anyone looking embarrassed, on account of her eyes being closed while she walked. It wasn't natural to keep the eyes open when you were singing! At least, Sarah believed that. Most of the singers she saw that could sing really well kept their eyes closed! So she should do the same, only logical, it would certainly help her sing better.

"AND I WOULD WALK FIVE HUNDRED MILES AND I WOULD WALK FIVE HUNDRED MOOOOOOORE!
"SOMETHING SOMETHING THOUSAND MILES
"FALL DOWN AT YOUR DOOOOOR!"

Sarah had arrived in Chicago in response to the message having been sent out requesting help, and Sarah was help! She was supposed to meet Tazer here as well, the hero she was going to be working with. She hadn't ever met this person before but she just knew they would be sweet and kind and nice just like Justice! They were supposed to be flying in, Sarah knew. Honestly, Sarah was a bit jealous at this. Not only could the girl not fly, but she also wasn't allowed on planes because she was 'too heavy.' Sarah is not too heavy! Planes are simply too light!

DA DA DA DA DA DA DA DADADADADDAAAAAAAAAA OH NO!!!

Suddenly, Sarah grasped her mask. A frilly little white thing that looked a little like a doily sewn into the shape of a mask. It 'covered' most of her face, excepting her mouth and nose of course. With how many holes in the decadent thing there were, not only did it do a horrible job of concealing Sarah's face, but it also looked like it would definitively fall apart if damaged during a fight. However, Sarah had sewn it herself. Sister Mary called it pretty, and that made Sarah want nothing more than to wear this mask forever.

Unfortunately for her slow mind, she had forgotten the thing in her skirt pocket. Skirt pockets, what a fantastic invention! Sarah had sewn four of them into the navy blue, ankle length skirt she wore. The only thing she hadn't sewn herself was her shirt, a black, sleeveless turtleneck. Oh it 'had' sleeves at one point, but Sarah had to cut them off and hem it in order to free up her arms for her abilities. So, technically she had sewn her shirt too? Or was it just alteration?

Shrugging, Sarah decided her only course of action was to scream once more to the sky. This coming at the dismay of all those around her of course.
"TAAAAAZEEEERRR! WHERE ARE YOUUUU?!?"
4f 6e 65 20 6f 6e 65 20 6f 6e 65 20 6d 75 6c 74 69 70 6c 79 20 73 65 76 65 6e

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:46 pm

The phone was ringing.

Not the regular one. Not his cell phone. The blue one, the landline on the desk. The one that he must always answer. Jonathan Jeveris tumbled out of bed - no, Archive. When he was answering the blue phone, he must be Archive. Archive answered the blue phone. Archive was Jonathan Jeveris, but he must keep that secret. He must keep Archive secret. Archive was a Warden. He picked up the blue phone, and waited. He did not introduce himself. They knew who they had called.

“Archive. We have an issue we need you to look into. Pyro’s distress message a couple days ago-”
Transcript:
"Hello? Is this --orking? This is Pyro, in Chicag-- under attack. I need help --ever can make it. Again, this is-- in Chicago."
“Yes.” Archive knew the message. It had been written down. That meant as soon as he thought of it, it was there in his mind. Pyro was Sally Phoenix. She produced fire effects through chemical manipulation. Her highest recorded temperature was 6,213°F. This information was not public, but it was recorded. When she was eight years old, she had misspelled the word “publicly” ninety-three percent of the time. When she was-

“Archive.” The voice, from the blue phone. It spoke in a tone that was slightly louder than it had been. This was to regain his attention. They knew that his mind could get stuck on information, and how to recall it. “It’s possibly tied in to Witch being missing. We need you to think about the situation and report anything that gets written down about those two that might lead to anything consequential. There will be other heroes in the area - I know for a fact that Tazer and her new sidekick will be involved, we’ll give them your contact information so that they can reach you directly, in the event that-”

Files passed through his mind, one after another. Witch was Alyssa Johnson, but she preferred ‘Alice.’ She had gone to public school until midway through the fifth grade. Her report cards had shown-
Tazer was Ellie Ktric. Her abilities included lightning manipulation. Transcripts of interviews with Tazer indicated that her speech tended to be very informal. She had been injured at the hands of the Massacre Masseuse. Her hospitalization records indicated-
The new hero who was going to be working with Tazer was known only as Sarah. She did not have a standardized alias. She was sixteen. Sixteen was the youngest age that a hero could officially sign on with the Wardens. The Wardens were a group of organized superheroes started in 1996. They had been started by-

“Please stop talking.” Too many words. Too many names.

Archive reached for the drawer on the desk where the blue phone was resting. He pulled it open and took out a fidget spinner, one of many. This one was yellow. The color did not matter. He moved it through his fingers. The motion was something to focus on. It helped make the files stop, when there were too many. The voice on the other end had stopped talking. That was also helpful. Archive considered this for a moment. He did not speak right away. He was not ready to speak right away. After eighteen seconds, he was ready.

“Was there anything else?”

“No.” This time the voice was quieter. There was an implied emotion, but Archive was not good with emotions, especially over the phone. He had studied facial representations to make it easier to interpret emotional context in person, but that did not work over the phone. The phone was still better, because he was thinking about what he was supposed to be thinking about. Without the phone, he was often only thinking about whoever he was talking to. It was harder to focus in person.

There was nothing else, so Archive hung the phone back up. It would ring again when someone needed him. For now, he sat down in a chair and moved the fidget spinner back and forth between his fingers.

There was a lot to think about right now.
Capacitor
Supercharged
Astra
A Manufactured Deity
Prism
Totally Brilliant
Diva
Dazzling Dilettante

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:27 pm

TAZER
Eternally Sparking Personality
TAZER in Flight To Friendship!

Ellie had been told to take the day off, to recharge and be ready to go tonight. She was going to be heading to Chicago to help with something. A hero needed back up and like any good hero she would be there in a flash! Well she would have if they just let her go. Handlers wanted her to wait however for them to coordinate and get others ready. Just because TAZER could arive as fast as lightning didn't mean others could. Apparently she also was going to have a side kick, which Ellie was excited for!

Mostly cause well her own history showed what it could be like to start out on ones own. The danger was exciting! Fights thrilling! But failing to see the evil in a girlfriend and then fighting them sucked, and that emotional pain could ruin ones ability to perceive suroundings. Maybe if she wasn't the lone bolt she could have seen the prison more for what it was then what the staff told her to, what she wanted it to be. For now though she was working on a project! A 3D puzzle of the eiffle tower. A series of patches stuck to her with cables leading to outlets in her apartment as she sipped on a monster. The pink one, she forgot it's name. Having mostly picked it cause the color was vibrant.

Her attention was set and focused in the way it only could be at a time like this. She could kind of think better when dealing with puzzles. Otherwise she was a bit scattered soon however lightning would strike the eiffle tower! A very tiny Catacylsmic moment as lightning set the structure ablaze! Battered and scattered with a loud zap!...Because her phone rang.

"Ellie everyone should be in Chicago or on there way so can head out now. Of course Sarah is already in the area. You put in Archive's information right?"

"Yep. Thanks I'll get ready!" She hung up keeping the call short, she didn't like calls. Felt like it was trying to force the world to slow down and she didn't do that well. Call over she rushed to change, a costume that was a lot of wraps should have taken some time. But when you moved so quick your room was reinforced for it that time was no time and soon she bolted out her window.

Seattle in all its rain having glory welcomed her and then soon it was gone. It gave way to the clouds, the crackling bolts in the air being often pulled to TAZER instead of arcing down. The energy taken into her body until she passed through the clouds in a azure trail. A trail that passed over state after state, a flight from Seattle to Chicago was many many miles. The relation of this distance to lightning though was so small she didn't have to even rush to cover the area. She probably only went a tenth of her speed but odds were the caller not so long ago wasn't even out of the office of his before in comparison Ellie made it to Chicago.

Over the night sky was a streak of blue. Her flight path dipping down through clouds and into the city. By the sounds of it someone a few blocks down was singing. Maybe the song shouldn't have been so loud, but really TAZER was just impressed. Someone was drunk but had that kind of volume? She'd have thought trying to be so loud would have lead to expelling ones dinner or something. The song though could of used work, was like five different lyrics being mixed together to a beat that was three songs that were not remotely close to eachother played over eachother backwards. From the same corner of the city though came a call! A yell!

It was not a dance for rain! Or a call for justice! But the summoning of lightning!

The sonic barrier briefly roared, like the crack of thunder as a figure touched down swifter then most eyes could perceive. The flash of a storm briefly illuminating the street and then the road went dark, the street lights mistaking the azure flare for daylight. In the center of the road standing a woman with blue hair that glowed and glowing blue eyes, which probably looked the same. Ellie would never admit to that however. "Uh crap totally forgot to come up with a line. One sec...A cry was yelled to the heavens and so the storm came! Saving light brought by the crescendo of thunder! The arival of TAZER!" She paused only after striking a dramatic pose realizing the person to call out was wearing a mask.

"Hold up your not in distress from villains your Sarah. HI! Can just call me Ellie." such words came accompanied by a raised hand for a high five. Because a high five was way cooler then a fist bump or handshake she thought.

UmbraSight
Global Mod

Post by UmbraSight » Sat Sep 12, 2020 12:16 am

She was aware that it was not the best time to be splitting her attention; however that still didn’t stop Yume from scrolling through her phone. The damage in Brooklyn was extensive, and preliminary data from the drones pointed towards a cleanup and rebuilding effort that would take generations. Still, as things stood there wasn’t much she could do, personally. Flying to New York would simply add to the air traffic and there were enough capes in the city to deal with the hunt for Atomic.

No, at the moment it was better to offer company assets to the government and the Wardens. Personnel and equipment to deal with fallout containment, drones to aid in search and rescue operations, a scrolling list of numbers she could look at and feel horrified by. Her father, as per usual, didn’t agree with her assessment that it would be better to stick Chicago side and aid in a developing situation here, but he was half a planet away and she wasn’t.

A streak of blue momentarily brightened the sky and pulled Yume’s attention away from her phone. Like a branch of lightning the streak of light shot down to the ground a few blocks inland.

Other capes arriving.

Well, at least they weren’t making themselves hard to find.

Yume slipped her phone into the obi of her kimono before she rose to her feet. The ship rocked under foot as she crossed the bow and ducked down into the tight command center. A woman with her hair drawn back into a tight bun looked up as Yume approached and offered a pleasant smile.

“Other capes are starting to arrive, I’ll be heading into Englewood to make contact.” Yume said.

“Understood ma’am,” the woman said.

“I would like you to pull back to a minimum safe distance,” Yume said, the woman’s smile bowed into a frown, “and continue to monitor the situation in Brooklyn.”

“Ma’am.” A more firm tone of voice. A faint smile crossed Yume’s lips.

“I understand your concern, Haruko, but in the event of a complication I do wish to know that we have you ready to provide assistance.”

Haruko sighed, “understood.”

“I will keep a line open.” Yume said, ascending back up the stairs. A cool evening breeze off Lake Michigan greeted her.

“Be careful ma’am.”

“I will return to you shortly.” Yume said, before she stepped up onto the deck and vanished into the night.
//… under her weight the floorboards gave, and she fell into the dark...// Fall of the Aelir Isles, Vol. III

Snowskeeper

Post by Snowskeeper » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:13 am

Auditor had to admit--it hadn't quite crossed her mind that the person they'd send to track the illustrious Pyro would be quite so pathetic. Lying on the floor, twitching like some sort of disturbed cockroach, barely strong enough to crawl onto the window's ledge. When she'd peeked in through the window at him, she'd barely been able to believe her eyes. And yet, here he was.

She almost regretted risking discovery for this. If they found out she'd worked out where the video had come from, surely they'd have to consider the possibility that they were compromised somehow. And it wouldn't take a genius to blame her eye on the inside, whether he was actually culpable or not. Poor kid. She'd sit through his death with him, if it came to that. For now, he was waiting in the back of her mind--a distant pulse of information, like all the other people she'd taken on. Just enough to let her know his general well-being. Any stronger than that, and she started getting distracted.

Like she was, right now.

"Hey, d'you want some morphine?" she asked, leaning over the rail of the fire-escape. She was a story above him, a bottle of pills clutched loosely in one hand and a taser in the other. "You look like shit."

Not exactly the most elegant introduction, but she'd attracted his attention by dropping a copy of "German for Dummies" on his fire-escape, so maybe elegance was on break for the evening. Besides, he didn't look like he was in the right frame of mind to appreciate one of her better attempts.
Poetic Edda wrote:Thought and Memory, my ravens, fly every day the whole world over.
Each day I fear that Thought might not return, but I fear more for Memory.

HighVoltage
Bronze

Post by HighVoltage » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:10 pm

Fate stepped back from her canvas and let out a sigh. Her muscles protesting as she straightened herself after what felt like hours of standing hunched and painting in a fever.

To be fair, it probably had been hours.

She proceeded to spend the next couple of minutes cracking every conceivable joint in her body, letting out a groan of satisfaction as her spine popped several times. She looked at her canvas, well technically not a canvas. When she'd started needing to replace her cards, she'd found out an interesting aspect of her power. Her cards, once blank, could be expanded to the size of a canvas. It made painting fine details so much easier. Fate glanced at her current work, the Chariot. It was an important card to have ready, but she hadn't felt like using the Queen of Wands to make the process any easier. At the moment, all that started back at her was a black and blue swirled background, with just the barest outlines of dragons circling. She let out a groan. It had taken 10 hours to get to that point. It'd take at least 20 more.

Deciding to worry about that later, Fate stooped over to the mini fridge in her little space, pulling out the strongest energy drink she had. She paused, then grabbed another for good measure. It was never a good idea to go to sleep with an unfinished card. She'd learned that the hard way. But she needed a break. Fate grabbed a key from the small desk she had in her "studio" and jammed it into the can, leaving a jagged hole in the metal that she pressed her lips against before tilting her head back and pulling the tab on the can. The cold and slightly bitter liquid rushed down her throat, and she chugged for a few seconds until the can was empty, chucking it into the bin with the rest. Fate shuddered before popping the top on the other one, starting to drink it normally as she left her "studio" and began wandering around the warehouse that this sect of Obsidian called their base.

Fate had switched to Chicago to get a bit of a change, but she certainly wasn't expecting this. Back in New York, they'd hidden in hotel rooms entirely owned and funded by Obsidian, albeit through a shell company, but everything was above board. She'd had a whole floor to herself dedicated to being a studio, as well as some experimentation. It was a far cry from her current circumstance, squatting in a warehouse on the docks. But it was, in fact, something new. So she really shouldn't be complaining.

Not really paying attention to where she was going, Fate nearly ran into Sulfur, standing in front of the door containing there guest. He had just grabbed a bottle of water, but had not seemed to notice her. Slapping a hand down on his shoulder before letting it slide off, she flopped down onto his chaise lounge, draining her Monster. "Hey Sulphy, I must have been working longer than I thought. Didn't realize it was date night." She smirked, her eyes locking with his.

Trinity

Post by Trinity » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:57 pm

Sarah threw up her hands in response to TAZER's landing, sending up a cry of "WOOOO!" and clapping. After properly introducing herself as 'Ellie,' Sarah seemed to pause for a moment after Ellie finished speaking. Seconds ticked by like minutes in the silence as Sarah's body pulsed with gentle electricity, spreading through her packed muscle to commit the name and face of this new hero to memory. Suddenly, Sarah let an extra wide grin spread across her face and spoke.

"I'm go glad to meet you Ellie! My name is Sarah! You knew that though, we are going to be great friends! I am ready when you are to go hunt our villains! But uh, I'm not sure exactly how to hunt them, or find them, or look for them. This is all very new to me! But I am excited!"

Turning to look ahead, Sarah observed many of the large warehouses she had begun to make her way towards. They were tall, like churches, but there was neither God nor joy held within. They possessed no steeples nor crosses, yet Sarah felt drawn to them anyway. Any place that could hold a lot of things secretly like a church was a place of interest to the short girl. Pointing forward at them, Sarah asked Ellie.

"How about up there? The not-churches look like a nice place for bad boys to hide away."
4f 6e 65 20 6f 6e 65 20 6f 6e 65 20 6d 75 6c 74 69 70 6c 79 20 73 65 76 65 6e

CinnamonBones

Post by CinnamonBones » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:08 am

"Hey Sulphy, I must have been working longer than I thought. Didn't realize it was date night." The hard slap on his shoulder broke his mind from the enthralling anticipation, and he glared at it’s harbinger. Of course it was Fate. He hadn’t forgotten her existence for the third time that month. That definitely hadn’t happened. There was a moment where he considered ignoring her and going inside, but after a moment his hand slipped from the doorknob and he turned to her with a sarcastic smile.

“Witch is a very special guest. Got to make sure she’s comfortable and all. Could use your help with that later on. I need Hazmat to do a few things with her first.” His eyes scanned the rest of the huge warehouse while he spoke, looking for the said chemical disaster of a human being. He had taken to keeping the man on a bit of a short, but cushioned and tasteful, leash due to his innate immunity to Sulfur’s chemical serotonin gas. Sure, he didn't know he was immune to it or that the others were under some kind of influence- given the gas was both colorless, odorless, and tasteless while also being the same consistency as air- but the man had provided so many toxic substances for them that he needed to be taken special care of.

Once again, Sulfur had almost forgotten Fate’s presence and started a bit at the sight of her on his chaise. Her studio was on the other side of the building, a good five minute walk at least, which meant she had specifically come over after seeing he was there. Sometimes he wished these people would just stay in their cages until he called them. No better than dogs, the whole lot of them.

The voice was just outside the window, slightly muffled, but loud and clear enough that he could focus on it. Ethan was definitely not pleased to be seen in his current state, but he forced the sticky lock on the window open and pushed it halfway up. It gave him just enough space to sit on the ledge and lean back against the inner window frame. He very carefully reached a gloved hand out the window, keeping it far away from Auditor. Granted, she was sitting on the landing just above his, looking down between the thin rail like steps.

He didn’t know much about her, only that she existed and that Sulfur said she’d probably pop in on him at some point. If he had been in a clearer state of mind, he probably would have asked her some questions, maybe invited her inside, but all he could do was raise the outstretched hand slightly and reply in a tired and rough voice, “Please.”

It was so overwhelming, what was going on in his head, and that girl that he had taken it from had barely seemed like she noticed it. If he couldn’t contain the power, he’d have to pass it along to another member, which he disliked doing. He’d already had to give up four sets of powers to others that he couldn't contain properly, but he thought he might be getting better at balancing the sheer amount of powers Sulfur had had him strip recently. It hadn’t mattered if they were a Cape, or just some random Super off the street. So far they’d collected thirty-eight powers, Ethan and Sulfur.

If he’d noticed her taser, he said nothing about it, nor did he even look at her. The air was much colder outside than it had been inside, which helped him slightly with the pounding headache. It smelled like the bay, even though they weren’t as close to it as the warehouse was. The idea of going back there, in just three days, felt like hell.

Pyro was about to jump down and take her growing frustration out on the two men below her when they stopped short and ran into the dark alley. A noise of anger passed through her lips as she shot to her feet and considered giving chase to them. Before she could make a move, she saw a figure running through the dimly lit area. Whoever it was was wearing an incredibly elaborate kimono from what she could make out, with long hair that trailed out in spirals. Clearly, the two men had caught sight of this figure and took off instead of risking them being a Warden. She let them get a bit closer and determined that they were carrying a bow, made of what looked to be crystal. Either a Warden without a mask or an Obsidian member. At least, with that level of drama, they could belong to Sulfur’s crew.

She took a running start and threw herself off the building, flipping through the air in a controlled arc of hot air that slowed her descent just enough to land without incident. This close, the figure turned out to be a woman, with long straight hair, in an ankle length kimono with split sides to allow for better movement. Dramatic, but elegant nonetheless. There was an air about her that expressed more maturity than the young and heavy eyed face did,and Pyro respected that.

“I don’t suppose you could make this easy and just tell me who you are? I’m not in the mood for twenty questions tonight, and want to know if I should be shaking your hand or busting your kneecaps.”

In the distance, in an old renovated warehouse in Near South Side, Malachite sat at the door with a piece of quartz in his hand. He flipped it over nervously as he watched the all blue Super drop from the sky in front of the girl with the flimsy white mask. He and the others had been sent to finish clearing out the old location, but while they had been carting the last of the furniture out the back, a little girl in white mask had strolled down the street. If she hadn’t been singing like a goddamn lunatic, they never would have seen her, and she probably would have spotted them. They had stayed inside and waited, anticipating finishing when she left, but now there was a tall woman dressed like some kind of oriental martial artist and she was fucking glowing. God, couldn’t he ever catch a break around here.

I like to look at you from a distance I like when you scream in my face
Afraid to say the right words in the right order, So they make sense to a person with such grace
What if my dreams dont become reality? Is my life just a big mistake? Will I be happy for the times I had?
Or would I reconsider and recalculate?
I wanna be heard, but leave no trace
I wanna be seen, but take no space

Read my not-a-fanfiction thread!

Azra
Bronze

Post by Azra » Wed Sep 16, 2020 5:31 pm

TAZER
Eternally Sparking Personality
TAZER in Hunting Lessons!

Ellie liked what she saw at least in personality. As a look went it could maybe use work but there were people for that. What mattered most though was how one carried themselves. There was a need to be cheerful and full of hope the living lightning felt. There was so much bad in a world and a hero had to face that head on, if they were wilted by such then what chance was there they would help others overcome it. Being upbeat wasn't a choice it was a commitment! Or maybe a woman was just trying desperately to think so as apart of her way to not crack under the feelings of killing her first love.

Realizing she was getting to potentially lost in thought she snapped out of it, back straight body limber and ready for fighting. Her moment of slipping into her scattershot mentality at times arrested swiftly. Best to try and help a new hero iron out the wrinkles early and be a hero. A better one then her someday.

The blue hair ever glowing bounced as TAZER began walking towards the warehouses. Though even walking for her had a bit of a hasty inpatient step and it might be easier to jog to keep up."Well firstly do your abilities help? A better sense of smell? X-ray vision? Sorry I didn't read any files I'm not one for reading. As an example everyone even at rest is emitting a hundred watts of electricity. So if I get close enough I can sense where someone might be. Alternatively we look for suspicious things." Expanding on what counted as suspicious probably was something Ellie should have tried to clarify but she did not.

Instead as she got closer, seeing some hints of work on moving something the eternal spark moved that way. Obviously someone was over there and it was a good enough place to start. Additionally an idea came to mind. "Stay behind me incase they get violent, lookout for anything they might use as weapons or any efforts to run away." Which she thought were two of the most vital things for a hero to consider. Not everyone was quick as lightning and even those who were usually didn't want to get shot. Additionally they were heroes, non suspicious individuals didn't run from them.

So walking past the gated area like she owned the place she let a few sparks escape her. Help keep a radiant electric glow to her to be as imposing or encouraging as required. "Bit early for warehouse work isn't it? Anything the Warden TAZER should know about?" Admittedly Ellie was pretty bad with times. Usual warehouse work was starting at the early hours of the day and she was pretty sure they were still at night time not morning before the sun came up. Her voice as loud as she could get without yelling, more just looking to be heard then making to much of a ruckus.