[RP] [F] [V] [RESERVED] Broken Balance

Eragon
Bronze

Re: [RP] [F] [V] [RESERVED] Broken Balance

Post by Eragon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:10 am

The fire abruptly left leaving her sizzled body. Lenera felt like she's overheating. She began to pant, rare for a drake too. All things considered, it wasn't that bad as Lenera had imagined. She's proud of herself for enduring that test.
All of her armour, straps and soft clothing she still had on is completely fine. She only wears the best of drakes craftmanship.

Air filled her lungs again. Immediately her mind became more clear again and her body is quickly regaining strength. She looked up to meet Val's eyes but only received a slash to her face, knocking her down to the ground. She landed on her back. This time she made sure her wings are neatly tucked. She felt blood drip from her exposed cheek. He then proceeded to press on her stomach. The plates of her armour sealed together from the pressure, creating a cocoon around her midsection. That took most of the crushing pressure off her but it's still uncomfortable. Not exactly easy to breathe, but it is enough.

He made a mistake to try to rip her helmet off. With both of his paws occupied and her legs under him, she makes her move. She twisted her neck and snapped at his paw, attempting to lock it in her mouth to distract him. She wrapped her tail around his back leg. Then kicked up at his belly. Normally she'd try to break his front leg that's on her but she can see his armour will prevent his elbow from bending the opposite way. Instead, she grabbed it with both hands and forced his elbow to bend normally and pulled his back leg with her tail at the same time also kicking his belly again.
"Give someone power and they will show you what they stand for."

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:17 pm

Valadir was caught off guard when Lenera got his paw in between her teeth, but at least it didn't hurt. The armor did a good job at protecting him. Same for the kicks he received in the stomach later on. Didn't feel them.

The dragon first tried to get his paw off of her but that didn't work, instead he tried to sway her head with it since she wasn't letting him go. Then she tried to make him fall by pushing one of his back legs with her tail. She did manage to move it, not enough to throw him off balance but enough to make him stand uncomfortably.

In a situation he didn't know how to get out from yet, he realized that he had won already. The dragon just noticed the blood falling from the slash wound. He didn't actually expect to win.

The dragon tried to get his front paw free by pushing Lenera's wound against the ground and pulling his trapped paw. He then smiled, and with an unintended amount of sass he said:

"I win. Made you bleed!"
The dragon then took his helmet off in order to get some fresh air.

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:07 am

Lenera touched her cheek. So it is blood. He managed to dig under her scales. She released him then slowly stood up. She took a deep breath and composed herself. She readjusted her armour and brushed herself off. Finally, she acknowledged the dragon. She had formed an opinion of him. He's a lucky pair of horns. And it's fortunate for him that she's a humble loser.

Before she spoke she got on both knees and bowed. A practice most drakes use after a challenge. She had forgotten to mention that too him.

Picking herself up again. After he had finished blurting out in a rather disrespectful way, she talked in a calm and kept tone.
"You surprise me Valadir. It turns out that your experience outside the mountains had built you up more than I thought. You are quick physically and mentally, however, you are weak, have no sense of what you are striking and lack technique. I am going to change that. Turn you into a ram of war. As you probably found out as well, the importance of armour.

She walked right in front of him and stared into his eyes.
"Also..."
She quickly grabbed him by the horn and dragged his snout next to hers.
"If you ever talk to me disrespectfully again, I will nail you to a stone wall and make you die of starvation. You may be a dragon, I am the king's soul mate. Impertinence to me is an impertinence to Eragon. While I instruct you, you will be disciplined like every warrior I have trained."
A real serious threat. She released him and beckoned both dragon's to follow her.

"Now follow me, please. Time for the next stage"

She took them further down. A thirty-minute walk, closer to the end of the training ground. An aerial range. Full of different obstacle strange training objects.

"Time to test your flying abilities."

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:20 pm

The dragon felt good with himself when Lenera complimented him and kneeled after he won. He expected the fight to go far worse since didn't think he would win. He fanned a bit with his helmet to cool himself down.

Then Lenera came around to threaten him due to his sass. It didn't actually affect him since he thought it was empty and silly. If anything, it made him start to hate Eragon and Lenera's attitude. They took way too much offense for everything. Since when did their attitude change from "You need to fulfill the prophecy" to "You are expendable"? The whole thing didn't make sense to him.

Still, he chose to not escalate things further and clarify the situation.

"The sass wasn't on purpose, by the way...", the dragon said after Lenera released his horns. He then put his helmet on and began walking. Wolnir got up and soon enough he was walking beside Val.

"I-i could feel the heat from where i was s-standing... I-it was still fun to see, though..." Wolnir said, in hopes he didn't offend anyone around. Val didn't say anything since he was immersed in his own head. Thinking about how Eragon had treated him earlier that day. The dragon was starting to think that he was being treated like an asset instead of the guy that would be well taken care of and spoiled to no end, like he was promised.

When Lenera said that they were going to test his flying skills, Val didn't know if he was supposed to feel confident or not. He was a good flier since he used to spend most of the day in the air at work, but he didn't have any experience with air combat since he just didn't need to engage in it.

"If by that you mean air combat, then NOW you'll be dissapointed"

Eragon
Bronze

Post by Eragon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:58 am

"Fighting in the air is easy. Basically the higher you are, the more likely you're going to win but no. We are not testing your ability to fight. That is too dangerous considering you have virtually no experience. We are going to test your endurance, agility, speed, power and aerobatics."

Lenera lead them to one side on the air-ground. A starting point to the first exercise. Five iron poles. Four are set in a square with the last directly in the middle. The outer poles are seventy metres apart and fifteen metres high.

"First is agility. Fly around the outer poles than from each go to the middle one as quickly as you can. You cannot touch the poles. If you can do it in fifty seconds that is excellent."

Friendly_Dragon

Post by Friendly_Dragon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:01 pm

Valadir was relieved to hear that he wouldn't train in air combat for now, it sounded easy enough but at the same time he felt nervous about it.

"H-how are you going to keep track of the time?" Wolnir asked after Lenera explained Val's excercise. The black dragon stood for a couple of seconds, thinking. He was already a smooth flier, better than most dragons he met. Spending most of his working hours flying made him quite skilled and agile for his weight. There wasn't an obstacle he hadn't seen yet and the poles were no exception. The dragon came against them during a couple air race tournaments that took place once or twice a month during the weekends in dragon-friendly towns. It was fun, and the extra money and temporal fame didn't hurt.

He made his plan in around four seconds. The poles seemed a bit closer together than the ones he normally saw. He reckoned he could pull it off in forty seconds. Once he had his plan ready, he ran to get extra speed and began to fly. Valadir kept some distance during the outer turns while closing on them during the inner turns for extra speed and to shave up some seconds, forming an 8 with each pair of poles. He did each pair a bit faster than the previous one. Wolnir looked with attention. He seemed... kind of impressed.

Valadir landed with confidence. He then went closer to ask for the time. He thought he counted around 42 seconds, but he wasn't sure.