[RP] Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Ash]

Rosalie
Silver

Re: [RP] Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Ash]

Post by Rosalie » Fri May 01, 2020 9:01 pm

"Oh, I'm talking about the food," He said, pointing a thin finger at the screen above their heads. It red in bright red moving letters the lunch's specials. "You'll see it soon. I know it's kind of hard to read from here, they have about everything usually. I'm sure you'll find something you like." He stood in silence for a few moments, staring off into space before he realized perhaps it was getting awkward. Alex didn't care for awkwardness. He honestly usually didn't talk much in general, and walking the kid around the school was probably the most he had talked all month.

He looked down at Draven, squinting his eyes as he studied him again before speaking. "You don't talk very much do you?" His voice was playful, instead of accusing or disappointed. Alex ran a hand through his hair as he nodded before the other boy could speak. "I like that. The people around here.. I guess it's because they're Gifted but they can come off as completely stuck up."
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Fri May 01, 2020 10:02 pm

Draven looked to where Alexander was pointing and nodded. He couldn't read what was on the board so he just waited until they got closer. He looked around the room as silence settled between the two. While the silence was awkward, he found himself at ease, he wasn't that talkative, to begin with, and it seemed that his tour guide wasn't either. He looked back to front and down to the ground after he very awkwardly caught someone looking at him.

He glanced up as he felt eyes on him and found Alexander scanning him. He snapped his eyes back down a bit self-conscious. He looked up surprised, though, when he noticed that his tone was playful. Whenever someone pointed his quietness it was mocking. He was still surprised but now he was also curious. "N-no. I don't really talk much. Um... Why stuck up? Isn't being gifted, like a curse?" He asked softly while looking back up. He was legitly confused, his parents always reinforced that he was a cursed boy, so why brag about it?

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Fri May 01, 2020 10:21 pm

Alex raised a brow, wondering why Draven would ever think that it was a curse. Unfortunately, they reached the front of the lunch line, and Alex quickly took a tray and began piling food onto it. Corn dogs, mashed potatoes, tater tots, garlic bread... he wouldn't eat everything of course, but he liked the variety. Once he was done he took his tray to the lady at the register and slid his card, the same card he used to get into his dorm.

"We don't usually pay for food here," Alex said, waiting for Draven. "The only time we pay is if it's something special. But the board will usually say the "special" options they have for the day. Like stuff you have to request or something like that." He scanned the dining hall as he spoke, looking for a good place to sit. He noticed his favorite seat by the windows was empty, and when Draven was done he directed them over there.

"What do you mean it's a curse?" Alex asked, taking a sip from his water.
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Sat May 02, 2020 12:05 am

Draven looked down as he saw Alexander raise his eyebrow. Did I say something wrong? He glanced up as he noticed that it was his companion's turn to order. He pursed his lips and quietly read the menu. The boy followed and grabbed a tray before looking at the selection of food. He shyly started piling food into his plate. Some salad, corn dogs, tater tots, and a couple of cookies before following after Alexander.

He looked as he handed the card to the lady and reached into his pocket for his. He pulled out the card and nodded as Alexander explained the lunch situation for him. He gave the gave his card to the lady, who scanned it before handing it back to him. He nodded at her in thanks before walking after Alexander. He kept his head down and followed him as he signaled to follow.

He tensed at the question. His parents had said it was a week after they had surfaced. They said it so much it had ingrained itself into his mind. But he wasn't sure if he should share that much information about himself. He keeps his head down and decides to answer with a vague truth. "That is what I was always told it was and it always feels that way. So I guess they were right"

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sat May 02, 2020 6:53 am

"Where exactly did you say you come from?" Some kind of outer space planet where gifted are seen as shameful? Alex shook his head, turning his attention to his food for a second. "I mean, I don't want to seem rude or anything, but that's completely wrong. On this planet, being Gifted is like being a god, honestly. Gifted get the best jobs, the best opportunities, the best everything. I mean look at this school," Alex waved his fork around, stabbing a tater tot once he was done with his theatrics. "Normal people don't go to schools like these, and if they do it's expensive and only a select few get in."

"What I'm saying is that being Gifted isn't a curse. It's a blessing. A gift. Whoever told you otherwise is wrong. And probably jealous." Alex wasn't sure why he cared about Draven and his odd self-esteem. To be completely honest, as someone who had their face embarrassingly up on the Hall of Fame, Alex thought negatively about being Gifted. Still, it bothered him to see a nice kid like Draven think so badly about who he was.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Sun May 03, 2020 1:01 am

Draven blushed in embarrassment as Alex spoke. He looked down at his food and played around with his salad as he listened and thought about what he was saying. However, he shaked his head and smiled slightly

"Maybe some people are fortunate to have a nice blessing. But my parents were right on that." He looked up at him before glancing out at the window. "Jealous? That would be a new one too." If his classmates attitudes were from pure jelaousy, than they hide it well.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Mon May 04, 2020 5:53 am

Alex shook his head, turning back to his food. He didn't want to fight Draven on this, especially not on the first day. So he didn't press the issue, but Alex felt like at one point or another this topic would come up again.

He ate in silence for a few minutes, focusing solely on his food before continuing with the conversation. "Where did you come from, though? I mean it has to be a very different place from where I came from to have that sort of view point. You know?" Now he felt like he was just being nosey, but Alex didn't know how else to word the question.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Mon May 04, 2020 6:04 am

Draven returned his eyes towards Alexander to see him shake his head and look at his food. Maybe he was being a bit odd, but to Draven that much was normal. After all, it seemed that both of them grew up with very different ideas on this.

He ate the food with joy, not having tasted anything this good since he was a small child. He held a small smile on his face as he did, and gave a small amused chuckle at Alexander's insistence. No one had pushed him for answers. Hell, people just avoided him or insulted him. This was the first normal conversation he has had in years.

"I come from a small town that's like five hours from here. Califia is the name." He said as he stopped eating and raised his head hesitantly to look at the man in front of him. "Most people believe that being gifted is a blessing. But they believe that I am cursed. Me specifically. I have cause problems due to not being able to control it, hence why I am here."

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:30 pm

Alex nodded as Draven spoke, as if he understood. The other kid said something that was interesting though, which brought up the question of -- what was his ability? Alex decided not to ask. Not yet, anyway.

Putting an elbow on the table, he laid his chin in his hand and looked around the dining hall. The day was sunny, but incredibly fresh. A light breeze was drifting in from the open doors and windows, and Alex realized that he was strangely very relaxed. Turning his attention back to his food, he continued eating until the bell signaling the end of class rang through the room. A few minutes later hoards of students spilled into the dining hall, sitting at nearby tables and gathering at the lines. Alex glanced at Draven, then at the other boy's plate. He didn't want to be rude and ask if he was done, but he also didn't want to be here when the dining hall became so packed that it was hard to move.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:23 pm

Draven glanced back to Alex as he saw him shake his head and started eating. He was glad that the subject had been dropped and he turned back to his food. The man was now happily eating his food without his parents there to supervise him.

He sat in in silence as he ate his meal and chanced a glance to Alex to find him looking around. Surprisingly to him, Draven felt relaxed and not nervous unlike 99% of the time. And then the bell rang. The man jumped and went back to his shell as the cafeteria started filling up. With his appetite gone, he stuffed his hands down and into his pockets, casting his eyes down. “Can we please continue the tour? If it’s not much of a bother.”