[RP] Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Ash]

Rosalie
Silver

Re: [RP] Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Ash]

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:50 pm

"Yeah, of course," As Alex led the way across campus, he didn't say anything. He found that one of the things he liked about Draven was that there was no need to fill every moment with chatter. He settled into a comfortable silence, walking next to the boy as he thought about the day's events.

As they reached and walked across the common area, Alex held open the door to the stairs. He noticed a lot of the students sitting around staring again, whispering about the mysterious new kid. He felt a pang of something, jealousy, maybe? He quickly squished it down, mustering up a smile. "You know," Alex said as he followed behind the other boy up the stairs. "We don't get a lot of new students here. That's why they're doing that. You're like the shiny new toy."
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:32 am

Draven smiled and mutter a small 'thank you' as he followed him. He happily observed his surroundings as they walked. He really liked Alex's presence. He didn't force him to speak, which was always a plus, but he also didn't look at him like his classmates did or even his parents. It was a welcomed change, even if he knew it wouldn't last long.

When they arrived to the Common area, Draven dropped his gaze and happy expression and shuffled a bit closer to Alex. The man could feel the eyes of the other students follow him as he walked.

Once they reached the stairs, he quickly entered when his friend opened the door and sighed. He looked at him and returned a force smile. He started up the stairs, but stopped when Alex spoke. "I don't like the stares though..." He looked down and chanced a glance at him. "I wish they would just not look at me"

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:27 am

"Yeah I get it," Alex said as they began the climb to the fifth floor. "I used to get some of that when I was younger. You know being the freak that can make people's nightmares come to life isn't exactly the best thing in the world." Truth was Alex didn't care if he wasn't well liked, but he wanted Draven to open up to him. Alex was insanely curious about Draven and the odd boy's history. Not to mention that he had just come in and stolen Alex's thunder so easily.

"But I'm sure they will stop staring eventually. It's only your first day and all." Somehow Alex wasn't so sure about that, though. If Draven could really do what he said he could, something told Alex that he'd have a hard time fitting in. He didn't say this out loud, for fear of scaring the timid boy.
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:45 am

Draven continued up the stairs following Alex. He didn't like the stares. The stares meant trouble and he wanted to avoid it. But having Alex understand made him relax a bit. He smiled a little at Alex, appreciating the share of information, but not quite ready for his own just yet.

"I hope they do, but..." His smile faded and he looked down and kept walking up the stairs, "I very much doubt it. The looks will be there, but they will be different" He was sadden by that. He planned on avoiding sleep for as long as he could to keep things somewhat normal. But he doubted that the plan was going to last for long.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:49 pm

As they reached the fifth floor, Alex opened the door and led the way down the hall. He didn't have anything else to say to Draven, so he let silence fall between them again. Once they arrived to Draven's door, Alex leaned against the wall, studying the boy in front of him before speaking. "Well I'm glad we met," He said honestly. "I hope we'll be really good friends. I don't have many of those either."
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:59 pm

Draven follows behind Alex quietly. He appreciated the silence and that Alex didn't ask anymore questions.

Once they arrived to his room he go the key out and glanced at Alex. He smiled widely and nodded shyly, "I hope so too!" He used the key like Alex taught him. This time the door open on the first time and Draven felt happy about that. He looked at Alex and didn't quite know how to say good bye. "I will see you in the morning, than!" He said as he waved entered his room, happy with how the day had turned out.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:21 pm

The next day Alex woke up with an enormous headache.

He rolled out of bed and stumbled into the bathroom, staring at his reflection in the mirror over the sink. He brushed his teeth and then hopped in the shower, letting the hot water hit his bare back. He was exhausted for some reason and he really didn't want to go to class, but he had to. Alex didn't like missing school work.

Exiting the bathroom, Alex dried off his hair as he looked for a fresh uniform. It was exactly 8 am, so he had plenty of time. Once he was dressed, he grabbed his back and walked out into the living area of his dorm. His roommate, Jackson, was busy making tea and talking about the Chem test he had that morning. Alex only half listened as he tied his shoes before waving to the other boy goodbye and exiting the room.

Walking the short distance down the hall, Alex stopped by Draven's room and knocked. His hair was still wet and his breath came out in small puffs. It was particularly chilly that morning, and he guessed it was only a matter of time before it started snowing. The blue eyed boy recalled yesterday's events. Meeting Draven had left him feeling... odd. Draven was an odd boy, but not in a bad way. As Alex waited for Draven to open the door, he bit into an apple he had brought with him.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Fri Jul 17, 2020 11:52 pm

After the door closed behind him, Draven got to work on unpacking his clothes. He choose the room farthest away. He put all his clothes away, organized his books and weights on the place he saw fit. He took out the new bedsheets and made his bed. Even if he had no intention of using it. Once he was done there, he went to the bathroom and set everything there. Then, he went to the small kitchen and stored all his caffeine provisions in the kitchen along with the two mugs he had.

Once he was done unpacking, he went to his room and changed to sweatpants and a t-shirt before grabbing a book and sitting on the couch to read. That's how he spent most of the night, reading in his room. At around 12, he decided to head back down into the gym that Alex had shown him. He stayed there for a few hours before walking back to his room and getting ready for the day. He had gotten his uniform from a box left infrot of his room. He yawned as he stored his cup of coffee.

The man didn't look bad but he didn't look great either. He was slightly slouched, and the bags on his eyes, that seemed to never go away, were present. He dranked his coffee as there was a knock on the door. He headed there and opened the door. He was shocked to see Alex there with an apple in his hand. He smiled, "Hello! Please come on in! Let me grab my stuff and we can head down!"

He was surprised that Alex was actually in the door and that he had done as he had said the night before. He grabbed his key and his bag for the things for his locker. "I am ready to go!" He said before yawning.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:00 am

Alex noticed almost immediately that Draven looked exhausted, but rather than be rude and say anything, he followed the other boy into his dorm and bit into his apple. "You look like you got comfortable," He said, noticing that there were no boxes anywhere to be found. It made Alex happy to see that the other boy had unpacked his stuff for some reason. Once Draven was ready to go, Alex took the lead and walked out.

"Do you have your schedule on hand? I don't think I ever saw it yesterday. We can grab breakfast and then I'll walk you to your first class," Alex said as he munched on his apple. The dark haired boy leaned against the wall as he waited for Draven to lock up his room. He was suddenly very sleepy for some reason, and couldn't wait fo the day to go flying by.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:16 am

Draven nodded, "I unpacked last night." He followed Alex out the room and locked it behind them. "I have it in my bag. I thought that I could stop by my locker at some point today to put everything I would need there." Draven reached into his bag and got his schedule out before handing it to him. "I haven't looked at it yet. I was... distracted."

He smiled and placed his backpack on his back before throwing his jacket over his shoulder. "Can we take the stairs again?" He yawned a bit before running his hand through his hair.