[1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

ariagrey

Re: [1×1] Angel Hunter (xBlackxAcex)

Post by ariagrey » Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:22 am

Lua let out a breathe through her nose. "Wow." The suprise and embarrassment written all over her face. She quickly wrapped her arms around herself along with the cardigan. Her gaze was downcast. "I'll go to the captain if that's what you want." He was right. This, whatever "this" was between them, would never work. It didn't make the rejection hurt any less. The angel quickly walked passed him, around the breakfast bar, and to the door. With her hand on the door knob. "If that's all..." This time she really couldn't meet his eyes, opening the door a jar. "I've got a lot to do." She felt stupid and careless and her anger was beginning to boil again. Just get him out and forget him. She opened the door wider, waiting for him to leave and closing and locking the door behind him without saying another word or second glance.

Lua walked to the living room, eyeing her cell that had been disgarded a week ago on her coffee table. Reaching for it she turned it on, the screen coming to life with a soft glow. There she saw Leon had tried to contact her a few times, nothing urgent. Then there were Seth's messages. She ignored them, unable to read them. Doesn't matter now. Pulling up a new text, she typed in the captain's name and wrote that she wanted to meet him with important information. The angel tossed the phone on to the couch, prepared to walk back to the room. Sleep beckoned her into it's grasp with the promise of escape. But as she reached the doorway a tinckling came from her phone. She paused, looking at the couch. That was fast. Again she walked over and picked up the phone, Leon's name part of a new message notification. The text read:

I've been waiting to hear from you. Glad to know you're alive. Let's meet. Come to my office tonight at six. I'll provide dinner.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:44 am

In the past week he surveyed the building, he drew up spatial plans, blueprints, and possible exit strategies. He tallied the number of angels and marked each one as they visited the building. He didn’t have the energy or time to track every angel, so he flagged the highest priorities. Rowan, Lua, and Leon. The captain spent the most time at the headquarters, and he drew that to the means of a reserved space: an office. I don’t think she had dinner yet. I could pick something for her after I’m done here. Seth hardly stalled after he left Lua’s apartment though he did stop in the middle of the hallway. He didn’t go back, but as he monitored the activity around the angels’ headquarters, he found himself pacing back and forth, to go and see her. The messages he sent her tagged as read, but he knew she didn’t read them. Only opened them. He kept reaching in his pocket for his phone. “I could’ve done that differently. Maybe I should apologize…?” The constant fidgeting made it hard for his eyes to stay focused. He moved out of his perch at the high vantage point and transitioned to the ground to get a closer look. He used the surrounding buildings and walls to stay out of sight. Stop it! Shaking his head, he tried to keep his mind on how he was going to kill Kotori’s murderer and how he was going to get to him. Constantly under watch, the angels weren’t taking any risks and utilized every precaution. Despite his new resolve, he’d like the amount of collateral damage to be minimized. He only wanted Rowan, but he wasn’t going to play around and get himself killed contradictory to him tiptoeing on enemy territory. He’d kill whoever stood in his way, and it did occur to him that killing every single one of them would ease the burden. However, he couldn’t let his mind drift from the goal and think of an alternative. It was catastrophic that he’d consider releasing his judgement and accept the things the way they were when it was months ago, he fixated and obsessed on doing right by Kotori. This has to go the way I want it. She said she was going to talk to him. Hopefully, she’s right about him being clueless.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:18 am

Lua once again stood in the doorway of the captain's office. Gently she knocked on the frame and Leon looked up from his paper work. "Lua!" The Captian quickly stood. "Come in. Please have a seat." He gestured to a chair across from his desk, slowly sitting back down. Lua hesitated. It was only a moment, but she had to convince herself it was the right thing. "Something wrong?" Leon asked as she sat in the chair across from him, his eyes back on papers. The angel swallowed, rubbing her eyes before speaking. "Sir...there is something i have to tell you and...you're not going to like it."

Lua made sure to go slow, watching the Captain's expressions morph from one to the other. There were some pauses she took for it seemed he was ready to ask something but he always thought better of it or was saving it for the end. Lua finally finished telling him everything, leaving out the parts about the angel and hunters temptations for one another. Leon sat back in his chair with a sigh. "So you've known where he's at this whole time." Lua's eye shifted from the BLT sub the Captain had ordered for her, her appetite still lost, to Leon. "I don't know exactly where he's at, but if you're willing to make the deal he'll meet with you freely."

Thinking back on her explanation, she had tried to paint Seth in the best light possible. Whether it worked or made sense for the Captain was still yet to be seen. Leon rubbed his hands over his face, taking a bite of his meatball sub. As he chewed he looked pensive. "So, why didn't he kill you?" Lua blinked at him. "I can understand why he didn't kill Rowan in the moment, but he could have killed you after figuring out who the murderer was." Leon took another bite, eyeing her. "We made a deal, remember. I find the killer for him, he kills them, then I kill him." Then there was a silence so heavy she wanted to crawl back to her apartment and bury herself in her bed. She felt like Leon could see right through her, could read her mind. It felt like he knew she had been kissed by the Angel Hunter and that she liked it. "It's just easier for him now to cooperate with you if you allow him to kill Rowan." She swallowed, not wanting to think about what Leon would do if he found out all of the truth. "Hm. And you're okay with him killing your bestfriend?" Leon wiped his hands with a napkin, his gaze never wavering from her. Lua could feel the pinpricks behind her eyes so she cast them downwards. "Okay would be the wrong word. Rowan made his choices, now he must liv- die with them." Lua stood, ready to be done with this conversation. "So what is your answer, sir?" Leon sat quietly for the longest minute of her life before saying, "I'll agree to his deal. I may not agree with his methods, but..." he trailed off, seemingly lost in thought. "Hard to believe that oaf Rowan killed a human." Lua could say nothing, so she simply nodded. "I have to go, thanks for the sub." She wiggled the sandwhich in her hand. "I'll update you with The Hunter's plans to meet." And with that she left.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

Lua was glad to be back in the sanctuary of her home and back into an oversized tshirt and blue fuzzy socks. She collapsed on the couch, lazily looking at her phone. The angel saw all of Seths messages again, ignoring them. Starting a new text, she wrote to him, telling him she did what he asked and Leon was willing to work with him. The text was short and all business, no extra fluff. The angel rolled over to her back, hardly taking up the length of the couch with her petite frame. The hum of the AC unit was hypnotic as she tried to push out every invading thought about the hunter far away.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:53 am

Seth ended up returning to his apartment since he couldn’t think straight. With Lua and his hands, he barely made any progress, so he left it to the angel to talk to Leon. He had to prepare for their potential meeting and for it to backfire on him, and then there was the constant tending to his hands. “Ugh!” Biting down on the old shirt, he cleaned the cuts and applied ointment before wrapping them. His phone pinged and the screen glowed on the bathroom sink. He spat out the cloth and craned his neck to see what the text was. She can wait. He let the screen grow dark as he finished bandaging his hands. He ignored his phone for an hour before the thoughts of how he left truly unraveled his patience and tore it into shreds. Staring hard, his eyes narrowed. The hunter’s gaze went from his hands to the large white board he moved into the living room. He restarted the board four times, and he was supposed to map out his plans. But his mind was distracted. The goddess from hell offered her aid to put him back on track, but he wasn’t going to owe Ernysia more than he already did. The board only had two pictures side by side. One was of Kotori and one of Lua, and the photos used to be connected with a red line. Over the past week, his eyes were hazy and unfocused like he was losing his sight, but it cleared little by little as time elapsed. There was no connection between the pictures. He refused to see it. A slanted red line divided them. Why?! He sat up with a groan and grabbed his phone. He could barely use his hands without reopening the wounds. With his hands at this rate, he’d be out of commission indefinitely. Sending a dry response, he left the apartment.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

It’s not too late. I can just go and kill him… Get it over with. Seth tortured himself by standing outside of her door as if everything else wasn’t enough. Dressed in the same clothes, his hands were loose in his jacket pockets. He tried to work himself up to knock, but he paced the hallway. His phone weighed heavily in his hand. Sighing, he put the phone to his ear, listening to it ring. He heard the phone ringing on the other side of the door, and he ended the call before it went to voicemail. Biting the bullet, he called again and didn’t hang up.

“I’m outside.”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:37 am

Lua awoke with a start, her phone ringing on the floor next to the couch. At some point she had fallen asleep with the hum of the AC and must have dropped it. She picked up the device only to stare at Seth's name across the screen. Her heart raced, confused yet curious as to why he was calling. In her mind she already accepted she wouldn't see him again. So to see his name on her cell was definitely a surprise. The phone stopped ringing and slowly faded to black, his name disappearing. She debated calling him back, perhaps having something to do with himself and Leon, but the phone began to ring again. The angel let it ring four times before finally answering.

Her mouth hung open, ready to say something, but her words escaped her. Instead she heard on the other end, "I'm outside." Lua's gaze shifted to the door, hanging up the phone and slowly placing it on the coffee table. Her mouth suddenly felt dry as she approached the door. Why open it? You said your goodbyes and so did he. She scrunched her eyes shut, laying her forehead against the painted wood. Fine. Open it, deal with him, then move on with your life. The angel took a deep breath and released it before opening the door.

She was silent as she stared at him, her expression neutral. "Come in." She said simply, walking away to let him close the door. It felt odd to go back by the breakfast bar, so she sat on the arm of the couch, crossing her ankles and her arms over her chest. "What happened? Did you not get my text?" Taking note of his appearance he looked just the same as the last time she saw him. She hardly looked different, the only changes being her hair was now down and she wore no cardigan. "Well, I told Leon everything. He agreed to your terms." She was avoiding his eyes, looking at his hair or his chest. "I can give you his number if you don't already have it. If that's what you're here for."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:38 am

I have to pick her or Lua. Seth couldn’t look at her, and his eyes were stuck on the length of her shirt against her thighs. He pulled his eyes to her face, watching for her reaction. His insides twisted and churned at what he was about to voice. His ask was not doable, and he knew it from before yet his mind persisted. It wasn’t simple enough for his actions to be pardoned. The angels were here because of him, and he killed angels. They went in circles, and neither of them would stop until they got what they wanted. Exasperated, he threw his hands in his hair, not caring about the gnawing pain. He wasn’t making any sense, and his head pounded at the contradictions. Did he want her, or did he not? What kind of person was he to be tempted and attracted to the enemy? Angels wouldn’t leave earth until he was dead. He was so fond and accepting of death, yet now, he cowered and contemplated for a different fate. He’d pay the price to have both of his wants, but he was uncertain what it would entail. “What if I don’t kill him. And I chose you over her?”

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Lua flinched as if she had been slapped, his question unexpected. "Uh, I-" Lua had never considered that to be an option. She understood why Seth wanted to kill Rowan. Hell, she'd probably want to kill him too if it were her in Seth's place. Yet, she'd never imagine or even think to ask him to choose her over Kotori. They had only met, what was it, a month ago, two months ago? It was hard to keep track, especially when Seth was around. Lua's hands dropped to either side of her body, resting on the arm of the couch. "W-why would you do that? Seth..." Her resolve was breaking and there was a small part of her beginning to hope. Her eyes met with his. "I don't think you know what you're saying Seth." The angel couldn't take her eyes away from his. She was doomed. She was afraid to move, scarcely breathing. What if this was all a dream? What if she was still laying on the couch, asleep, her mind torturing her. "Are you really here?" She whispered. "Is this real? Because it's hard to tell anymore." Breathing a laugh that didn't reach her eyes.

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:21 pm

The angel didn’t reject him; however hesitant, it was still a lot easier to keep going and pretend that it was an option. “Don’t tell me that. I know what I want.” Seth picked up the chance and allowed himself to be in the make believe space. He wasn’t as conflicted as he should be. He moved forward, wanting his hands on her skin. His hands didn’t feel raw. His mind didn’t race to death. Crossing the short distance between them seemed to take forever. “Yes, this real.” His own whisper matched hers, afraid that the slightest uptick in volume would shatter the present moment. His hand reached up to touch her face and tucked her loose hair behind her ears. He took her hand and rested it against his face: to let her know he was really here. “I won’t let him take you away from me.” The thought of having Lua and Kotori seemed to be possible than it did a couple of moments ago. The opportunity to kill Rowan was still there as long as he was after Lua. He would kill him before he laid his hands on her. He should’ve been disgruntled that his motive to kill changed, but in his mind, it was justified all the same. Yet death was inevitable no matter how many times he worked it. He was prepared to deal with the matter when the time came, but for now, he was going to give in. To be pulled into the deep end.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:48 pm

Lua's eyebrows knit together as she bit one side of her lower lip. She let out a long breath, her thumb slowly and gently caressing his cheek. The moment was quiet, serene. Nothing like the past several weeks. For someone who caused so much chaos and death, Seth calmed her. When he wasn't exciting her that is. Her other hand came up to cup the other side of his face, standing to better reach him. Gently she pulled his head towards her, standing on her toes, and kissed his forehead. When she met his eyes again she gave a small, genuine smile. "Like I'd let him take me." Her tone was light and playful, afraid to scare him off or make him change his mind. "Come, let me help with your hands."

Lua tenderly guided him to sit on the couch before walking to grab her first aid kit. She returned and kneeled on the floor, the kit on the coffee table and asked for his hands. Her hands moved delicately as she unwrapped his bandages and began cleaning. Occasionally she'd look up to gauge his expression. It made her stomach twist to see how bad of a condition his hands were in, it was a wonder Rowan even had a face left. As she finished she gently wrapped his hands and sat back on her legs. "There. That should feel better."

xBlackxAcex

Post by xBlackxAcex » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:12 am

Seth watched her closely, following her careful movements as she handled the bandages. His eyes flickered up every time she glanced at him. He tried to not express the pain show on his face, holding back from wincing. His jaw locked, and his feet were firmly planted on the ground; toes curled in his sneakers. When she finished, he let go of the breath he held and observed her handiwork. She wrapped both of his hands equally with enough pressure on the wounds. The bandages were neat, and his circulation was not cut off from his hands. Better than what he had done by himself. The pain was bearable, and his hands didn’t feel like they were about to fall off his wrists. He smirked and leaned in to take her hand. “I think you wanted an excuse to feel up my hands.” His fingertips skimmed the back of her hand. “Did you eat dinner yet?” As ignorant it was, he enjoyed the light atmosphere, acting as if the situation was normal, that they were normal.