Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

ariagrey

Re: Re: [ONE] Unexpectedly Captivated [12maori3]

Post by ariagrey » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:28 am

Azriel's words echoed in her head once he left her cell. She stared wide eyed in the dark at the dim light coming through the grates in the door. Her breathes were shaky and uneven and she could only imagine what torturous things waited for her in the next few hours. Why had it come to this?

Now that Lyra was alone, her composure began to falter. She slumped into the wall, her head resting back against it. It was then that she could not hold back any longer. Hot tears silently streamed down her face as she closed her eyes. She quietly begged her ancestors for forgiveness, asking them to lend her the strength she needed to make it through this ordeal.

Her heart was heavy, her body cold, and her resolve was beginning to waver. Everything felt too real, too definite. There bad to be another way. Maybe the King was willing to sacrifice the good of the many for the good of the one, but she was not. Until Azriel came for her, she contemplated on a plan.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 4:26 am

Azriel told the guards to give Lyra some food and water as he left. His steps led him tk the door he had never had to open in all his 11 years as king. The door was clean but years ago, when he had been 15, his father had brought him into that room. The room dirtied with blood, with instruments that had given him nightmares by just looking at them. He looked at the handle of the door, the clean stainless steel of the door that sat at the end od the dark hallway.

What would Bryn think when she came back? When she knew what he has done to her her back? He would handle whatever consequence befell him, mental and otherwise. The consequence of giving the stone to his sister's captive... Azriel closed his eyes and sighed. Every bone in his body seemed to refuse. Every action and decision he had ever made for his people, it contradicted whar he was about to do. He knew if he had no desire for the stone, he would have offered Lyra refuge. Aplogized for what Tamun had done.

Instead he had to do this. For a mistake he made when he was a young, arrogant king with no guidance. Azriel repeated the same thing he had told himself when Tamun told him of the stone: I will let my aister back. So with that, he steeled himself once more. He became as rigid as the door he stood in front of, and walked right in. While he inspected the sharp, probing instruments he reminded himself there was no other way. As he held the knives and ropes in his hands he reminded himself a search of Lyra's village would take moew time than and would still not yield what he wanted. So he continued to look about the strange machines and instruments, learning and remembering very quickly how to use them as Lyra was given her meal.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Sun Dec 31, 2017 3:53 pm

¤
The smell of smoke filled Lyra's nostrils, stirring her from her sleep. She could hear screams coming from outside her hut, the silhouette of figures running by the cracks in it's door. She quickly stood and raced to the door, peaking through. There were men dressed in royal clothing slaughtering her people and burning down homes. Quickly, she made a hole in the back of her but and slipped out, heading for their temple that held the stone.

Upon arriving, it was thankfully quite and dark, the only person there was Elder Orin. He grabbed the stone and quickly hid it in a pouch and stuffed it in his tunic.

"Quickly my child, we must leave this place." Gently but firmly, he grabbed her arm and led her out the back of the temple.

"Elder we can't just leave!" Lyra was shocked and began to resist his pull.

"We must, there is no saving anyone or this village. The stone must not be found." His eyes blue eyes pleaded with her to come and so she caved.

As they ran through the forest they came up one a hill, a gap in the trees allowing her to look back. Her home burned down below, the scream of friends and family echoing through the mountains. They had been betrayed and her heart broke.
¤

Lyra woke with a start as her cell door opened. Another blasted nightmare. She recoiled against herself, fearing the time had come, yet it wasn't the kind who emerged, but one of the kings men. He stared at her, a moment too long for her comfort, before sniffing and roughly placing the plate of bread and cup of water on the floor. He stood straight up again, staring at her with dark eyes, she tried to make herself as small as possible as she looked away, and then he was gone.

Now alone and in the dark again, she slowly crawled to what was left her and slowly began to nibble at the bread. Half the water had been spilt due to his carelessness. Lyra savored the water, her last meal. Who would have guessed she'd ever be in the position. Not her.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 pm

Azriel shut the door to the room behind him gently, but it didn't help avoid the loud slam that echoed through the hall. As he walked toward Lyra's cell he rolled up the sleeves of his shirt braced himself.

Once it began, he could not stop. He would have to keep going until he got his answer. As Azriel readied himself for what he was about to do as if he was going into battle, he saw Mor talking to a few of the guards ahead. He narrowed his eyes and as if the mere action reached the guards, they turned and saw their king. Quickly enough they went about their respectful jobs leaving Mor shaking his head. Before he could speak Azriel and stated, "What are you doing here? I could swear you I gave you a job as commander." Mor rolled his brown eyes and ran a hand through his hair which took on a darker shade than his eyes, "That's a bit rude. How did my suggestion go?" He asked more seriously.

Azriel finally stopped but did not face his friend, "Bad. If anything, it inly makes this harder." Not inapected the king with the eye of a commander even though he still had a small smile to his face, "You qent into thar room," it was more if a statement than a question. Azriel gave a nod. Mor didnt miss a beat as he said, "I'll help you."

"No," Azriel replied before his friend even finished his sentence. Mor kept talking, "Bryn is practically my sister too. I can't let you bear the weight of this alone." Something ticked in Azriel's jaw as his he finally faced Nor, "It is my job to bear the weight alonw. What kind of king will I be to let you share this weight? I will deal with the consequences alone. You will not be dragged into this." Not was shaking his head as he gruppes Azriel's arm hard as if it would get him to understand, "You not only my king, you are also my friend. I know what this will do to you, Az." Mor painted eye contact with Azriel until the king smiled a little sand said, "I know too. I've made peace with it. Now," he nodded to the exist, "Go do whatever is you're supposed to be doing." Mor knew he's lost. He sighed and began go walk away. At the edge of the hall he turned back, "I earned my job. You didn't give it to me."

Amusement flickered in Azriel's eyes at Mor left. Alone once more he reinforced barricades of his mind and made is way to Lyra. He didnt look at the other prisoners who were either rotting away or keeping quiet as they were supposed to. Once he arrived at Lyra's cell the guard standing by opened it and went inside to get the woman. His expression was one of distaste for a split second as the guard hauled Lyra to her feet but it was gone again nust as quick as if came. "No need to be rough with it," his voice was quiet and soft, but it held a direct command that the guard stiffened and gave a nod.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:13 pm

Lyra finished her meal, if you could even call it that. Her heart was racing in suspense and she clenched her hands into fists over and over to prevent them from shaking. Frustration was grabbing hold of her and she felt like she couldn't sit still. She began to pace her cell, rolling everything over in her head as she gingerly held her injured arm to her core. They're had to be another way, a way to protect the stone and yet save her the pain of torture.

The king didn't have time to waste, however. He had waited 10 years already. Lyra almost couldn't blame him. Her whole family was dead and everyone she knew. She would probably do anything to get them back. This thought hit her so hard she stumbled to the ground. Her heart was heavy, so heavy and so tired, but there was still many miles to go.

The door opened without warning, startling her. The guard walked over to her and quickly yanked her up as if she were a sack of potatoes. "No need to be rough with her." Said the King. Lyra didn't see why it mattered, he was going to preform much worse to her, thing she probably couldn't even imagine. Her bright green eyes searched pleadingly in his dark gray ones. It was only a few moments, before she steeled herself and yanked her arm from the guard, glaring at him. "I can manage on my own." Her gaze returned go the King. "Its not as if I have anywhere to go."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:25 pm

Azriel thought about it, whether he should bother with a response. It seemed the less the spoke the less difficult this would seem. He figured nothing else mattered at the point and replied, "This place is for you to heal," he told hee as he turned around. The guard followed behind, guiding Lyra to also follow. "Where we are headed is the only place you'll suffer," Azriel said quietly although the two people behind heard him.

He could only imagine how confused the guard behind him must have been. Only a select few knew about his sister's situation. Everyone else thought she jad died 10 years ago. Azriel ruled with an iron fist but most of his people were loyal heart, not by coercion. Compared to his father, he was an angel. He showed mercy when needed and a tough heart when the time called for it. Like everywhere, there were parts of the kingdom consumed by poverty, but there were options for those people. He would not band out rations, but he provided options.

His guards were the most loyal, though where a few between them that were more trouble than not. They stood beside him whether he had to execute or grant pardon. That kind of trust was something he had built way before he became king. He had trained with many of the guards that now protected him and the castle. And for the guards that held their position before he became king, they were loyal because Azriel's father had been nothing less than cruel.

He marched through the hall wall, the door at the end of the hallway gleaming. Lodging the dagger into Lyra's shoulder had caused a ripple among his guards, the ones that did not know the full story. Azriel had always kept his composure and to anyone looking in, the action was totally uncalled foe and went against his actiona I'm the past 11 years. Like the others, the guard behind him did not know the full story and Azriel could feel the man's curiousity to know what was behind that door.

"You may let her go, Jalin," Azriel said. He turned at the right time to catch the glimpse of surprise on the guards face, that the king knew his name. He stood a but taller and nodded, taking a step away from Lyra, but still remained. So Azriel said, "Find the healer and tell him to prepare." The guard's eyes slid to Lyra, then the door, them to his king and gave a curt nod before walking away.

Nobody except Mor, his sister and a few of the older guards knew what lay behind the glistening steel door. He inserted the key and opened up the door to the room that would help him get his sister back ans possibly unleash hell onto the world. "After you," he brought his eyes down to Lyra and then motioned inside the dark room.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:44 pm

Lyra stood before the opened steel door, peering into the dark. Azriel motioned for her to step inside, but she hesitated. oh gods this is really happening. she thought. She was actually going to willingly step into a room where she knew nothing good would befall her there. The thought to hit the King and run crossed her mind as she stood in the door way, but she probably wouldn't get far. Even if she did escape, there was no way he wouldn't simply find her once more.

Trembling hands sent her chain tinkling, fear of the unknown chilling her to the bone. She swallowed hard and stepped one barefoot into the room, and then another. A few more steps and she stood near the center of the room, steady as stone, all except her hands.

"If you in fact do this for your sister," she whispered softly, "then I already forgive you." Lyra head fell, closing her eyes. "Whenever you are ready."

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:26 am

Azriel waited patiently for once since he received the letter about Bryn's freedom. He was not particularly happy to begin the torture either so he gave Lyra the time she needed to be able to walk through those doors. There was a small part of him that hoped once he shone light on the room, once she saw the sharp and invasive instruments she would relinquish the information on the stone. He didn't think the probability of that happening was high, however, especially after he'd seen how determined she could be.

When her chains began rattling Azriel sent a silent pray to whoever was listening and asked that this be quick, that Lyra would be frightened enough to tell him where the stone was. He reminded himself in a chanting mantra in his head that he needed to do this, for his sister, for his arrogance that had cost her her freedom for 10 years. He repeated it to himself until Lyra was at the center of the room, a frozen statue save for her hands. As Azriel took the torch at the end of the hall and shone it into the room, he heard her words.

The king hesitated. His hand on the door, the other holding the torch. He could shut her in, or lead her out. I already forgive you. Lyra's words rang clear in his head as he closed the steel door and placed the torch on the handle against the wall. The entire room lit up, the light bouncing off the metal scapels, scissors, hammers, and other instruments that one didn't see in everyday life. He gave a bitter smile, knowing this was going to happen. And there was nothing he could do to stop it. "Don't be kind," he said wistfully. Although it was quiet, it was not a command. It was a hollow statement as he walked took off the chains of her hands and bound them to the chair. "I cannot accept your forgiveness."

Once all her limbs were bound to the chair Azriel force himself to meet her eyes, see the fear in them and still stand firm, closed off from all reason that begged him to stop. He was merely guided by his heart ironically. "Where is the stone, Lyra? It will come out one way or another. This way will just cause more pain and time. Whatever consequence you fear for the stone, I will do everything in my power to combat it," Azriel wanted to compromise. He would do anything, to keep from picking up the first instrument. It looked clean but he could practically see it covered in the blood of the dozens his father had brought into this room. Azriel's eyes held Lyra's, trying to get her to see, "News is out there. Many others will be looking for it...it will eventually be found. There is no point keeping it's location hidden," he ran a hand through his hair, unable to control his frustration as he began to pace, "Once I have the stone an bargain for my sister, I will do what I have to do to keep it from being used."

It was the most he'd ever said in one standing. Underlying his words were the desperation only he could hear. He would be willing to go through this because once he started, he would not stop. Before he started, he wanted to make sure this was the one and only way, that he would have no regrets because this was the only way.

ariagrey

Post by ariagrey » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:15 am

A gasp caught in Lyra's throat as the many sharp and varrying instruments of torture came into view. Her eyes traveled adound the room, surveying everything. She never knew there could be so many implements of evil to be used on someone. How many had come here before her? How many had specks of blood still present in cracks or crevecises of this room?

Azriel bound her to the chair that was before her in the center of the room and she felt like she might faint. Her breathing was shallow and her mouth felt dry. There wasn't one place her eyes rested. They flickered all around the room until Azriel's eyes demanded hers look back at him. Again he asked her where the stone was.

"I can't tell you." It came out in a whisper, afraid if she spoke any louder she might break.

He continued to try and persuade her with, honestly, convincing and logical reasons. She could sence his impatience as he began pace and a single tear fell from her right eye. Turning her face, she blinked away anymore tears that threatened to divulge the truth. Lyra was so angry that her body was betraying her. The facade of strength and fearlessness she was attempting to portray was crumbling.

12maori3

Post by 12maori3 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:32 am

Azriel'a hands raked through his hair as he tried to come up with a solution, any solution. At this point he was done trying to uphold his image. This was solely between him ans Lyra. He would so anything to get his sister back, but not unless there is no other way. Mor hd warned him indirectly, like his friend usually does, that Azriel would nor be ready for this. As he looked at the table of tools, he kmew his friend was right. Azriel wasn't ready. But he would be if he needed to be.

He looked at Lyra again, steeling himself against the emotions that threatened to take pity at the woman's tears. Instead, he walked to her and knelt down in front of her for the second time that day. He didn't dare touch her as he spoke knowing she would look back at him once more. His grey eyes were still hard, his lips pressed in what seemed like a permanent frown. But his voice was soft as he spoke.

"I just have to have the stone with me. You can still protect it," he offered. Once he saw Lyra's tears he knew he has made a mistake. He had to do what he did best: find a solution. He would not be his father...not unless it was the only option. "You will go retrieve the stone, unaccompanied if you want. No one will touch it or hold it, except you. You and the stone will a company me to go retrieve my sister. But I will make sure it does not leave your hands," he continued. Lyra did not know him, but he hoped even past his kingdom his reputation was known. He did not lie. Even if she did not know, this resolution was much better than the one that awaited them both.

She just had to trust that he would do as he said. No sane person would so he added, "If I break this promise, you may have my sister." It would be if no benefit to Lyra to have his sister, but it showed the woman that Azriel would keep his promise. "I just need to have a reason to go to that castle. You will still be protecting the stone, Lyra," he finished softly.