Flamma

Re: [FLAMMA]The Arcane Chronicle

Post by Flamma » Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:01 am

Alright, where do we start?

ShadFlow
Ask Me About the First Ten Minutes of Infinity War

Post by ShadFlow » Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:54 am

Depends, we have many things to consider.

The amount of trials.

The type of trials.

How we want to focus our characters being challenged in these trials.

So it's very open ended how we can go about this, but if you have any ideas that come to mind, we can use those as a template

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Sun Jun 02, 2019 11:17 am

Well I think more importantly we should start by giving our character a common goal besides passing class. Something personal. It could be some jerks who are also in our class that we really want to make look bad but we'll hit an obstacle. We don't necessarily have to fail the obstacle but it should something that keeps us from straight up crushing our rivals and keeps them relevant to the story. Actually what would be really cool is if these trials were a practice test meant to see where the students are as far as magical talent. All the students could be split up into teams of 3 or 2. The trials would be long and almost like mini adventures meant to test the students and see if they could survive being an actual wizard. If we do do this idea I think each trial should have the characters looking for an item and that item should give the characters a clue to where the next item is, like Harry Potter.

Also I watched the second Harry Potter movie for the first time yesterday and I can't believe I've never been able to finish the first one 😂 I need to see that shit!

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:25 am

I like that idea. Having the characters aim for a similar goal. Now just a heads up this isn't a "school" based setting. More of it's a fraternity or an organization that employs but they teach to further help their members. But this shouldn't stop the idea.

I'm thinking no more than three to four items? Just so it's not carried out too long.

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:27 pm

Maybe the first trial takes place in a forest filled with fog and these tree elves protect the forest and try to kill and eat anyone who goes near. Deep towards the middle of the forest there is an ancient war sight and billions of skeletons still in their armor that no one was ever able to retrieve because of the elves. Their are 4 trinkets located on 4 different skeletons and the students must retrieve 1 of the 4. The next 3 to 2 trials should go similarly. Secretly the fraternity needs these trinkets and xcetera to summon some ancient wizard King and maybe the head of the fraternity wishes to posses the wizard Kings corpse so he can conquer land and turn the fraternity into an independent kingdom

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Thu Jun 06, 2019 7:30 pm

Just something off the dome. Just to elaborate on them. Maybe the masses haven't exactly been to kind to mages over the years and are just recently starting to come around but the head of the school believes mages and people who are naturally gifted at magic to be something akin to the next step of evolution or Superior to normal people and is somewhat of a darwinists.

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:03 pm

We could probably further expound on that later after the completion of the trials.

It would probably be more beneficial if the trials were different from one another right?

OH!

How about each skeleton is a trial themselves?

Flamma

Post by Flamma » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:33 pm

I like that idea. And we should give each skeleton a backstory that explains why there their and how they got their hands on whatever trinkets we're trying to take off their corpse. So the story so far is there was an ancient war that took place in the forest between humans and the forest elves. Since these 4 knights have special items on then it can be assumed they were no ordinary soldiers. Maybe they were knights tasked with protecting their Kings daughter who was a priestess. The priestess was kidnapped by forest elves and so it was these knights mission to save her. While the priestess was a holy women she was also a collector of both holy and unholy artifacts. The forest of the forest elves is dangerous territory and no one had ever made it out alive. So these 4 knights found an unholy artifact that could raise the dead in the priestesses room or whatever, melted it and molded the material into 4 trinkets that would animate their bodies if they were to die and continue searching for the priestess. The plan worked but the 4 knights did not remember their goals after death. Instead their bodies attack any thing that moves.

Now what that could also mean is maybe when all 4 trinkets are put together it allows the dead who are raised to also keep their consciousness. Or maybe something similar. 🤷‍♂️

ShadFlow

Post by ShadFlow » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:52 am

My only issue would be trying to justify Necromancy, since it really doesn't "exist" at least in the conventional way. The only way I can see this working is if these Forest Elves themselves had an understanding of the System in place. I can see the item that can "raise the dead" be a Conjuration item left behind by accident or after some major event. But it's restrictions should be outlined but it shouldn't be really all that powerful it could possibly interrupt with a "mechanic" for the system if you catch my drift.