Where do I go?

Moderators: Moderator, Admin, Developer

Vintage

Where do I go?

Post by Vintage » Wed May 17, 2017 6:23 am

Hey, all! I'm new to this forum, as the RP forum I was on for a long time seemed to die out. My main question is: how do I join an RP? In my old forums, the request & character sheet would be posted on the RP itself. I checked the OOC parts and all that was about what was currently going on in the RP. I'd appreciate an answer as soon as possible so I can RP on this new site!
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

Trandafir

Re: Where do I go?

Post by Trandafir » Wed May 17, 2017 10:04 am

Hello and welcome to RPF!

You can join rps entering the world development subsection in simple, inter or advanced roleplay development and post your character sheet there, using the template provided by the GM. The character development subsection is usually used for character storage, but some GM request you to put your cs there. But that sort of info you can usually get just by taking a look at the request for the rp (usually have the tag [REQ] on it)
Adulthood is where dreams go to die.

xxStitchesxx

Post by xxStitchesxx » Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 pm

If you arent sure if an rp is full or not, feel free to drop the GM a line and ask, either in the thread or via pms! Most will be happy to see interest in their plot from you.

If you visit the first page of the thread, some GM list the characters and writers in an early post, where it might say if they are still looking!
The revenge of the Stitch.

Vintage

Post by Vintage » Thu May 18, 2017 6:49 am

Trandafir wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 10:04 am
Hello and welcome to RPF!

You can join rps entering the world development subsection in simple, inter or advanced roleplay development and post your character sheet there, using the template provided by the GM. The character development subsection is usually used for character storage, but some GM request you to put your cs there. But that sort of info you can usually get just by taking a look at the request for the rp (usually have the tag [REQ] on it)
xxStitchesxx wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:20 pm
If you arent sure if an rp is full or not, feel free to drop the GM a line and ask, either in the thread or via pms! Most will be happy to see interest in their plot from you.

If you visit the first page of the thread, some GM list the characters and writers in an early post, where it might say if they are still looking!
Alrighty, I think I've got this site down, thanks a bunch, you two :D!
I was walking along, minding my business, when out of that orange colored sky...

Void_Walker99

Post by Void_Walker99 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:04 am

Was trying to read to figure out how this works, but got totally lost :/
thy art shall perish

UmbraSight

Post by UmbraSight » Thu May 18, 2017 9:37 am

Void_Walker99 wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 7:04 am
Was trying to read to figure out how this works, but got totally lost :/
I will use simple for my example, but this will remain true for any of the three levels.

To find roleplay requests go to Simple World Develepment and then click on World Development. The threads you will find here are marked with either a [Req] tag signifying a group RP or [1x1] for a RP with only one other partner, there are other tags used to signify if a RP is [Open] or [Closed] to new participants (some use it, some don't) as well as the genre of the work.

Look theough the requests and if you find something you like post in that thread or PM the owner of the RP asking to join.

If they accept you, you will then make a Character Sheet using the CS template they provide and the RP owner will either accept or reject it.

From there you can join the actual RP thread and start writing that story together.
//at her touch the door groaned open, all beyond smelt of iron// Fall of the Aelir Isles Vol III