FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Have a question? Want some help? Think you have the solution to some horrific problem? This is your place!

Moderators: Moderator, Developer, Admin

Annasiel
Admin

Post by Annasiel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:16 am

I'm new and overwhelmed! Where do I begin?

Good question! First of all, I would check out the forum rules. Don't worry, we don't ask too much.

Next, try introducing yourself! We'd love to get to know you.

How do you do this whole roleplay thing?

Here at RPF, we have a simple structure we follow to keep things clean and organized. Unfortunately, this means things can be a little confusing to a newcomer.

I've put together a handy guide on how to make a roleplay to help explain it!

My roleplay isn't getting any attention! What gives?!

It can be distressing when a roleplay you put a lot of thought into doesn't get any replies. There are a few things you can do to try and fix this.

First, you're allowed two bumps per day. To do this, post "bump" (or anything else) in your request thread, and it should bring it to the top of the subforum.

Second, you can PM me the name and location of the roleplay, and I'll add it to the RPF Spotlight in User Promotions. It's proven successful in getting overlooked threads attention.

Third, you're allowed to find people you think would be great for your roleplay, and PM them a request to join. Just keep in mind: If they say no and you keep asking, you could get in trouble for harassment.

I'm not seeing notifications for threads I'm in!

To get new post notifications, you need to manually subscribe to the thread. There should be a little wrench button right below the title. If you click it, it'll give you a drop-down menu, with "Subscribe Topic" as one of the options. Hit that button and you're good to go!

"The Board Attachment Quota Has Been Met"

If you tried to upload an image with the attachment function, you probably saw this error message. It's a little kink that we just have to bear for now. To upload images, I suggest using one of these websites:

www.imgur.com
www.tinypic.com
www.postimg.org
www.imgsafe.org

These allow you to upload images, then get a direct link (a link ending in .jpg, .bmp, .gif, or some other file extension). You can then place this between the [img] tags to share the images on RPF.

What do I do if I can't get into my account?

Message me at unkemptaeons@gmail.com, and I should be able to fix the problem for you, whether it be a problem activating the account through email or just forgetting your password.