FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Have a question? Want some help? Think you have the solution to some horrific problem? This is your place!

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)

Post by Annasiel » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:16 am

Good question! First of all, I would check out the forum rules. Don't worry, we don't ask too much.

Next, try introducing yourself! We'd love to get to know you.

Message me at unkemptaeons@gmail.com, and I should be able to fix the problem for you, whether it be a problem activating the account through email or just forgetting your password.

We have both!

The two best ways to access RPF are through the website (www.rp-forums.net) or with the RP Forums Legacy app. This will give you the most functionality, as these are what our current platform is designed for.

You can also access the website through the RP Forums app or through Tapatalk.

If you're accessing our site via Tapatalk or the old RP Forums app, some of our newer BBCode (like the spoiler, marquee, and align tags) won't be supported. This isn't an issue we'll really be able to resolve anytime soon. In the meantime, if you'd like to use the newer BBCode, I suggest you either go to the website at www.rp-forums.net, or download the RP Forums Legacy app here.

Here at RPF, we have a simple structure we follow to keep things clean and organized. Unfortunately, this means things can be a little confusing to a newcomer.

I've put together a handy guide on how to make a roleplay to help explain it!

It can be distressing when a roleplay you put a lot of thought into doesn't get any replies. There are a few things you can do to try and fix this.

First, you're allowed two bumps per day. To do this, post "bump" (or anything else) in your request thread, and it should bring it to the top of the subforum.

Second, you can PM me the name and location of the roleplay, and I'll add it to the RPF Spotlight in User Promotions. It's proven successful in getting overlooked threads attention.

Third, you're allowed to find people you think would be great for your roleplay, and PM them a request to join. Just keep in mind: If they say no and you keep asking, you could get in trouble for harassment.

To get new post notifications, you need to manually subscribe to the thread. There should be a little wrench button right below the title. If you click it, it'll give you a drop-down menu, with "Subscribe Topic" as one of the options. Hit that button and you're good to go!

I've put together a guide to answer just that!
Doki-Doki Channel
Forum FAQ
"To bear the brunt of blizzard's kiss and snare the wind to fingertips."