Star Wars: The Phoenix Empire

Cinnamon

Re: Star Wars: The Phoenix Empire

Post by Cinnamon » Sun Dec 06, 2020 4:07 am

"Well...!" Venka exclaimed, making his way from the bar to stand beside Pandora while looking at Bulwark, "That went pretty well, all things considered." Still with his blaster in hand he looked around the cantina, "We should probably leave...Probably others heading this way right now. Lady Pheonix, tell your new body guard over there to blast him and lets move. Lucky charm over there, the Twi'lek, she says she is a smuggler pilot. Probably knows a way to bypass the blockade." Happy that no one else in the cantina is was about to shoot at them, he holstered his blaster with a sigh giving his worn duster a light shake as he rolled his shoulders.
“Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid.”

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Sun Dec 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Pandora was a bit surprised when she saw one of the men go flying, and she wasn't the one who did it. She looked to the leader of the group, who moved to hold his hands up, knowing he was obviously outnumbered. "I would prefer that they be kept alive... They are still my people, just following the wrong person." She glanced to her side as someone came up beside her. There was something about him that was familiar, and not in a bad way. She was about to say something, but a beeping came from the subdued soldier's pocket and she looked towards it. She went over, reaching into his pouch and pulling out a holocom. She pushed a button, a hologram appearing of a man in a military uniform. "...General Zoren Daro.."

"It's been awhile. You've grown up," the man replied.

Pandora scoffed. "I'm old enough to take care of whatever you throw at me, old man. You ain't killing me, so stop trying," she was noticeably annoyed and glaring at the hologram.

"Kill you? No, My dear, we don't want you dead.... we just want you home... that's all.."

"Whatever, stop trying." she shut it off. "I'm ready to get out of here before any more trouble shows up."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡

Orophin
Bronze
Location: At The Brink of Destruction and The Edge of Annihilation.

Post by Orophin » Tue Dec 15, 2020 5:40 am

Suland watched as the man who had been talking to the Twi'lek earlier started to walk past him toward Pandora. As the man 0ast Suland slowly repositioned himself so that he could keep the officer and this otheran within his eyesight as he finished making his way over to, and started talking to, Pandora. Suland wasn't really sure what to make of the man, especially when the man tried to give him an order, but at least he seemed to be on their side.

A moment later Pandora voiced her verdict as to what should be done with the officer. He was about to knock the man out when he heard the beep of a holocom. He waited as Pandora retrieved it and spoke to the person on the other end. Once she was done and had deactivated the com unit Suland the said to the officer "Time for you to take a nap now. Just be thankful your only going to wake up with a headache."

He then slammed the butt of his blaster into the base at the back of the mans head. As the officer crumpled to the ground unconscious Suland looked around at the rest of the cantina. The man he had hit with the force had slammed into one of the tables breaking it on impact. While there were also multiple areas of carbon scoring were blaster bolts had hit during the short altercation. After noticing all of this he walked up to the bar and opened a pouch on the side and started digging around inside of it. He then began placing different amounts of currency on the bars counter.

The first was a stack of Imperial credits, then was a stack of Calamari Flan, afterwards he placed a stack consisting of both mixed together. Finally he grabbed a handful of something else which he held out to the bartender as he began to speak saying "The first stack is for the damage. The second is to cover a round of your best stock as an apology to everyone for they day having been so rudely disturbed. The last stack is to pay for drinks and medical treatment for those who lost this little fray. This last bit though is for all of the inconveniences this situation has caused for you specifically my friend, and hopefully it'll help keep this situation as quite as possible as well." He then opened his hand a dropped a number of Nova Crystals into the bartenders awaiting hand.

The man's eyes seemed to almost double in size as he looked at the crystals and said "I don't recall any trouble happening hers at all. At least nothing more than we usually have to deal with. Everybody our friend here has paid for a round of our best to be passed out to everyone. So I say we do what we do best here. Mind our own business and enjoy our drinks." The bartenders voice had raised loud enough for all of the patrons to here when he addressed them. The announcement was quickly followed by cheers of delight. Suland then turned his attention back to Pandora and said to her "I'd suggest we get out of here while the gettings good, M'Lady." He then made his way towards the door as he waited for the others to join him in heading out.
Last edited by Orophin on Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if it means standing alone. - Sophie Scholl

Gecko
Silver

Post by Gecko » Thu Dec 17, 2020 5:47 am

The smuggler pilot rose from her hiding place as one of the patrons made quick work of the supposed leader of the group and peered around cautiously for any more signs of unwanted guests that might decide to tag along. The man certainly was very powerful, having launched his target clear across the way. Tansucra had seen a lot and met a lot of different sorts of people in her many travels, but never before had she seen someone of this stranger's build and general appearance possess such strength. A mental note was made to be on his good side, though that never was much of a problem for someone like her. The dark-skinned Twi'lek holstered her weapon and straightened out her vest as Venka voiced some potential ideas.

She paused and looked over at Pandora as she picked up a holocron from one of the incapacitated soldiers and answered the call. The conversation was short, but there was enough context to know that the woman was dealing with a lot at the moment. The Zabrak went around and started setting bits of currency from his pouch on the bar counter to help smooth things over with the bartender and his patrons. They really did a number on this place.... These poor, hardworking people just wanted a relaxing drink and were given a near-deadly fight. Not to mention that the bar owner would have to manage with all of the damaged property.

The bartender's voice suddenly rose with a surprising amount of glee and was joined with a chorus of happy patrons as the Zabrak finished his conversation with the man. Though the reaction was unexpected, Tansucra's mind was more at ease with the situation. Their newfound companion showed them to the door with the wise suggestion to leave the area before trouble showed up again. "It's true," Tansucra piped in as she walked towards the door, speaking to the small group that formed a new alliance. "I'm a smuggler pilot. I have experience slipping past blockades and strict regulations. We might need some time to make a proper plan to bust through this blockade. Too bad time is the one thing we don't exactly have since the lockdown is only gonna get stronger and longer. But, lucky for us, I do have a couple of friends with access to Imperial codes and friends in high places."

A big shrug rolled its way down her shoulder as she instinctively started walking in the direction of the docking bays. Her routine usually consisted of going to one or two places and then right back to the Runner, so she didn't think much of it as her feet automatically walked the path, weaving in and out of the people that were still out and about without so much as a glance towards them, as her mind was preoccupied. "If you guys need a place to stay or lie low until these guys clear out, you have a place on my ship. They won't go after a nobody like me. Of course, my droids might not like new visitors. Oh, and...um...I have a lot of droids."

A pang of doubt hit the corners of her mind. If she agreed to help these people out, then this would be the biggest, most dangerous job Tansucra had ever undertaken on her own. Sure, there were a few close shaves with Ruvu, but she had grown up with and trusted the Wookiee. This was completely different. Was this a good idea? Sure this was the right thing to do, but even after Venka's payment, she wouldn't have the means to possibly stick around for a while. A deep sigh seeped into her lungs, then slowly leaked out. Tansucra knew the answer was yes. She could never just let the possibility of this ending horribly weigh so heavily on her shoulders. A part of her felt as though she had taken on a new responsibility. Tansucra slowed her walk and turned back towards the group with a charming smile and another shrug. "So? What do you guys think we should do?"
To quote Hamlet Act III, Scene iii, Line 87..."no."
Superhero Sandbox: Fusion
Art Thread: Don't Look Here!

Apophis
Silver

Post by Apophis » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:27 am

Jakur had left the cantina shortly after his unanswered challenge. He knew something had happened shortly after his departure, but decided not to involve himself. He didn't want to lock down the entire planet, at least not yet.
He now found himself at the spaceport, arguing with the Roadian mechanic in, predictably, Rodese. It seemed that the argument had ended, after a short pause, Jakur muttered the words, "Kane a bar."
Jakur then started toward his ship, F7 in tow, as the Rodian wondering what Jakur had just said.
Jakur gave a look to the pit droids, which were taking far too long to install the drive, before stepping into the cargo hold and closing the door behind him.
He walked to a cabinet and opened it, the cabinet largely empty, save for Jakur's cloak. F7 emitted a few beeps and a whistle as Jakur took off his pauldrons, replying to F7's comment, "Of course it's too much. I've come to expect as much from them."
Jakur placed his pauldrons in the cabinet as F7 emitted another series of beeps. Jakur then took off his chestplate, "Of course I'll pay. I'll give him a nova crystal. Right in his fucking neck."
As Jakur slid off his gauntlets F7 made another series of beeps, Jakur replying as he placed his gauntlets in the cabinet, "Of course it's a bad idea, but I don't care. At this point he's lucky that I'm not considering releasing It."
Jakur crouched down and pulled off his kneepads, along with the armor on his ankles and feet, placing them in the cabinet as well, along with his white hilted lightsaber. He pulled the cloak from the cabinet and pulled it on, before closing and locking the cabinet. He walked to the far wall of the hold, picking up an obviously heavy camtono, then began towards the exit of the ship, "Come, F7. There are gifts to be given."
"Step one, crawl inside. Step two, the screws go tight all around. Cross your heart and hope to die, stick a needle in your eye."

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:16 pm

Vraz searched the dead Phoenix soldier bodies for anything useful. He found several pouches of credits, a coding cylinder, and he also removed one of their comm devices. All of which could come in use later. Vraz knew the princess had to return to her ship shortly. Vraz simply leaned himself against the hull of the ship facing toward the landing pad entry waiting for her arrival.

Cinnamon

Post by Cinnamon » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:15 pm

Venka sneered with a half roll of the eyes at the sight of the armoured man knocking out the officer, "Should have just blasted him. Would have done the same to us. Although, after seeing you move around, I doubt he'll want to continue to pursue. And if he does, we'll all be treated to seeing you dart around again." He began to head to the door alongside the rest of the newly found gang once they were all ready. Leaning up against the doorframe, peering outside the cantina a few times before looking back, Venka tilted his head a little with a raised brow as he looked to Tansucra, "How many is 'a lot'? Don't really want to have one sitting on my lap as we try and get out of here."
“Here is the world. Beautiful and terrible things will happen. Don't be afraid.”

Monika
Casual Mod

Post by Monika » Thu Jan 14, 2021 1:09 am

Pandora stuffed the item in her bag. "I'm sorry for the trouble I caused," she commented as she followed the others out, pulling her hood up to hide her easily noticed hair. She felt bad she got them involved, but was grateful for the help. She couldn't help but wonder, though, about what the general had said about wanting her home. The only reason she could really think of was a public execution to demoralize her people. He had been hunting her too long to let her live. "Once I get to my ship, I'll get out of your ways. As you can see, there is a lot of trouble that follows me.."
I̞͉̣̦̟̱'̩͎̗͚͡͝d̯̲̪̜̤̖̥͟ ́҉̳̝́d̡̖͇͕̺̝́͘o͈̟̯̩̳ ̟̫̹͙͞á͔̤ǹ̶̗͕͈y̶̳̦t̛͕̫̞̟͘h̗̱͙͉̲͘͝i҉͍̘̮̗͙̙n̰̘̟g̷̶̬̻ ͇̙̻̘̦̜ͅf̧͇̞͕͉̤̝̜o̻̗͓̻̠̪͜͡ŗ̸͔͈̺̹̝̱ͅ ̬̤͍̹̬̰͞y̸̢̩̯̹̹o̸̟̻̫̭͖u҉̰͔̪͡