(Lord Salvatus) Broken Fourth Wall

Kirby
Star Warrior

Re: (Lord Salvatus) Broken Fourth Wall

Post by Kirby » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:20 am

As the winds picked up with more ferocity than before, Sub-Zero's gait slowed as she struggled to trudge onward. The young warrior held her snowy wings in front of her to try and shield herself from some of the wind, but even that barely did anything. Even as a creature of ice, Sub-Zero had seldom seen a snowstorm this fierce. Because she was so unushed to these conditions, it was almost a bit much even for her.

Something caught her attention in the distance, something that looked like the unmistakable glow of fire... even in the dead of this storm. Through the snow, the small Kiridan could barely make out the figure of the Lurker in the distance, standing nearby to those flames. Though she was safely surrounded by ice on all sides, the sight of her only weakness still put her on edge, especially since the blizzard wasn't enough to put it out.

Sub-Zero continued to approach the hooded figure, fighting through the storm until she was in front of them with just a few feet in between. Her gaze drifted over to the flames, and her heart caught in her throat when she saw a familiar figure slumped in the center of them, his blue skin pale and frostbitten. Meta Knight...

Narrowing her eyes, she fixed her glare on the Lurker. "Who are you?!" she demanded over the sounds of the storm.
Poyo poyo po poyo poyo poy po poyo yo po poy. Poy poyo, poyoyo poyo poy poy poyo poy yo yo poyo. Poyopoyo poyo, poyo poyo. Poy.... po poy. Poyo poy poy poyo yo.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:28 am

He gave no answer to her question, instead calmly studying her for a couple moments.

“He shall be warm,” his deep, calm voice replied surprisingly loudly over the wind, so much so that it seemed like it came from inside her own head. Being a telepath meant that he didn’t have to use his physical voice.

The Lurker then turned to leave again, disappearing into the storm after Dedede.

Kirby
Star Warrior

Post by Kirby » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:42 am

Sub-Zero blinked. That voice... it almost sounded like it came from inside her mind.

She stared at the Lurker suspiciously as she left, and stood hesitantly in the midst of the blizzard. She wanted to follow this strange person, and to find Dedede... but, magic life-preserving fire or not, she didn't want to leave Meta Knight, her oldest friend and the last closest thing to her own familiar that she knew, alone out here where who-knows-what could happen to him while he was so weak, either. What if the flames went out and he was left there to die alone?

But Dedede had to be found, too, if Dreamland were to be saved from eternal winter. And she knew the king she served a whole lot better than this Nekkyri did!

Narrowing her eyes, Sub-Zero cast one last glance back at her fallen mentor, before once again following the last traces of King Dedede's footsteps and the distant silhouette of the Lurker up ahead.

Dedede held his robes tighter around his body as he trudged through the snow, his dark blue eyes narrowed against the constant wind. He was headed in the direction of the forest, but his route had been slowed by this blizzard that had picked up.

I've... gotta... get... over there, he thought fiercely, staggering through the winds. He desperately hoped that no one would be able to catch up to him in this snowstorm.
Poyo poyo po poyo poyo poy po poyo yo po poy. Poy poyo, poyoyo poyo poy poy poyo poy yo yo poyo. Poyopoyo poyo, poyo poyo. Poy.... po poy. Poyo poy poy poyo yo.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:48 am

As the Lurker further progressed through the still-raging blizzard, he could barely see Dedede’s large silhouette in the distance ahead. He was slow so he would be able to catch up fairly easily. “What have you done?” he demanded to him, using telepathy once again as he tried quickening his pace.

Kirby
Star Warrior

Post by Kirby » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:58 am

Dedede visibly jumped at the sudden voice inside his head, and whipped around to see someone he didn't recognize quickly approaching. A look of annoyance crossed the penguin's face. This hooded figure was moving fast despite the storm. Dedede was slow on a normal basis, and the blizzard only slowed him down further. He had no means of escape.

The king stopped and turned to stare at the Lurker, crossing his arms indignantly. "I did just what you'd expect," he grunted. "I tried to make it snow here, because I thought it'd be a nice break from that awful heat. I didn't count on that demon beast making a downright blizzard."

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Wed Aug 05, 2020 7:25 pm

The Lurker tilted his head slightly, almost in confusion. However it was impossible to tell as his mask hid any expression behind it. “What ‘demon beast’ do you speak of?”

Kirby
Star Warrior

Post by Kirby » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:36 pm

Dedede's eyes glimmered, the corners of his beak curving into a slight smirk. "Well, obviously I couldn't buy one, because Nightmare's not sending me anymore until I pay their ridiculous fees. But luckily, I remembered that I already had the leftovers lying around of a potion my assistant, Escargon, made, that can turn anything into a demon beast."

"So what'd I do?" the penguin went on. "Well, of course, I had to find something with ice abilities to use it on. Something that was naive enough for me to be able to actually trick into going along with something like this. Of course, that seemed like a hard requirement to fulfill..." His devious smirk widened slightly. "... until I remembered that gullible little Sphere Doomer friend of Sub-Zero's. So I injected her with the stuff and turned her into a powerful ice demon beast, and then I sent her out so make it snow."

And then Dedede's proud smirk suddenly faded, and his expression changed to a sad, almost regretful grimace, as if realizing once the words were out exactly how terrible it was what he had done. Both the imminent risk of Dreamland's demise under eternal snow, and the cruelty of using someone else for his own gain without a second thought, weighed heavily on his heart as the corners of his beak curved into the slightest frown.
Last edited by Kirby on Sun Aug 09, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:39 pm

The Lurker was quiet for a long time. “A leader is supposed to be a role model for his people. A figure above for them to look up to for advice and for help during hardships,” he said, disappointed. “But no...” He was quiet again for a bit. “To use just a mere child for your own personal wants...? I expected better.”

Kirby
Star Warrior

Post by Kirby » Sun Aug 09, 2020 6:07 pm

Dedede said nothing, turning away as if he didn't care, but his regret was still written on his face clear as day.

"I wasn't thinking," he muttered at last, sullenly. "I didn't even think about what this could do to Dreamland and everyone in it. At least, not before it was too late."

The king stood there in silence, his head low, with no sound between the three who stood in the snow-covered clearing other than the ominous howl of the icy winds as they violently whipped past.

It was a bit strange, but the winds somehow seemed to howl louder than before... and the sound was somehow much more howl-like than it had been previously.

As if noticing the odd phenomenon as well, Sub-Zero lifted her head, narrowing her eyes into the distance.

"That is not the wind howling," the Kiridan said after a moment.

Frostfire gritted her teeth against the blinding snow that whipped toward her face, digging her claws into the earth as she stood her ground against the heavy winds. The Wolfwrath lifted her head, squinting into the distance. The blue sensory gem encrusted on her forehead flashed white as she activated her heat-vision, searching her surroundings for any signs of even the slightest heat signature.

It was no use against the snow. The wolf-like creature growled softly to herself in annoyance as she disengaged her heat-vision. There was no way anything would stand out in this storm.

Pressing her nose into her thick mane fur, Frostfire let a small orb of flame burn at the back of her throat to try and warm her and keep her fire up as much as possible. She could already feel it weakening slightly from being out here in the terrible cold for so long, but she wasn't ready to give up and go back anytime soon.

Out of everyone who had gone back into the castle to shelter from the blizzard, Mel had not been one of them. Frostfire had waited, and waited, but still he never came. Finally, her worry for her friend became too great, and she decided to go out and look for him herself... even if it meant risking her fire to do so.

But she had been searching for hours, and Mel hadn't turned up anywhere. Now the young Wolfwrath stood upon a snowy hill against the raging tempest, letting out a serious of loud, desperate howls, hoping they would carry above the wind and reach someone's ears. All the while, her eyes scanned the distance, desperately hoping to see any sign of Mel somewhere out there.

Lord Salvatus

Post by Lord Salvatus » Tue Aug 11, 2020 3:45 am

The thick white cover in the air from the snow still proved frustratingly difficult to peer through. The burning pain and unusually strong winds from the icy air still seemed to only worsen. It seemed impossible for anyone to still be alive out there.

However despite the fog there appeared to be something grey among the torrent of snow on the ground a good distance away...