Superhero Sandbox NPC Creation Contest

Need a little help getting your roleplay off the ground? Post it here!
illirica
Sandbox Mod

Superhero Sandbox NPC Creation Contest

Post by illirica » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:24 pm

Hey guys! Got a little bit of a promotion here for you - we've been talking in Sandbox about how to make it more accessible to new people. I know a lot of people duck in and get scared by the sheer amount of stuff that's there. It's an active place with a lot of canon, and I get that this can make it hard to approach. That being said, we really want people to feel like they can join us any time, it's meant to be open to all and not an exclusive sort of thing.

So, what we're going to be doing is creating a special city, "New Haven," which will be designed just for new people. It'll be a place where you can come in, get your bearings, test out your new character - without worrying about the year and a half of Superhero Sandbox Lore that exists. New people will be able to ease their way in and still get to do some actual writing, while they pick up information about the wider world.

Now, here's where you come in! This city needs a few special NPCs of its own, and while I'm sure I could create them just to have them, I thought I would open this up to RPF as a whole - so I'm giving everyone on RPF a chance to design some of these NPCs.

As an added bonus, this contest is not open to Sandbox regulars. You guys do awesome stuff, and we all know it, but you've got a whole world to play in already.

New here and interested? Here's the rundown:

1. By submitting a character here on this thread, you agree to its use as an NPC. That means other people might use it for interactions. Don't want to give up creative control? By all means come join us and run your character yourself!

2. All created characters need to conform to both RPF and Sandbox rules. Really, this should be easy, the only special Sandbox rule you need to worry about here is that everything's gotta be original characters only. I love Batman, too, but please don't submit your Batman clone. Give me something exciting and new!

3. Submitted characters should be at the city level, and will be in New Haven. Just make it someone who would reasonably stick to the city.

4. Submissions can be posted here, or you can PM them to me if you're feeling shy. I'll cut them down to a manageable size, and Sandbox will pick the winners from there.

5. Format can be anything you like. You don't need to use fancy code, you can if you want. Please do not include a picture or "face claim." Appearance description should be text only. Make sure you include:
-Name
-Alias (Superhero ID, if applicable)
-Superpowers (if any - it's okay to write a nonpowered character)
-Whatever else you think is important. Go nuts!

Mostly, I just want to see people have fun with this. Looking forward to seeing what you creative people come up with!
Capacitor
The God-Damned Lightning
Astra
A Manufactured Deity
Prism
Like, Totally Brilliant?
Eternal Flame
Pax City's Phoenix

Lord of Nothing

Re: Superhero Sandbox NPC Creation Contest

Post by Lord of Nothing » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:05 am

As an added bonus, this contest is not open to Sandbox regulars. You guys do awesome stuff, and we all know it, but you've got a whole world to play in already.
Sandbox

Lethe, The Once Reaper
Voracious, The Vampire Vagabond
Vas, The Shadow Man
Amaranth, The Ultimate Life-Form
Jackal, The Devil's Dog

Concepts

Varcolac, The Cursed Cartel
Nosferatu, The Damned Descendants of the Darkblood

List of all characters across every sub-forum: Here!

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Re: Superhero Sandbox NPC Creation Contest

Post by illirica » Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:32 pm

I might open it if no one bites, wanted to give others a chance though
Capacitor
The God-Damned Lightning
Astra
A Manufactured Deity
Prism
Like, Totally Brilliant?
Eternal Flame