Legacy: Chapter One

With a suggested standard of two paragraphs or more and dedicated lore threads, this is for the more verbose roleplayer. (10+ sentences per post, on average.)
Poetic Ghost

Re: Legacy: Chapter One

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:54 am

I just find that having “dynamic duos”’means they kind of rely on each other as foil characters and kinda stick next to each other most of the RP, when I’d rather through the course of the RP you interact with everyone around you
]

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 1:06 am

Ohhh, I only meant dynamic duo as in two friends kind of thing since they are from the same private military group. They would interact with the others as they were paid to do. Also, I personally couldn't interact with myself, it wouldn't be as fun as interacting with you all. But if I must have one, which one would best fit with what the RP has now?

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:41 am

Jaeger mech is pretty unique while Karen is somewhat similar to mine. Granted, mine focuses a little more on speed and stealth than damage
Where's our sacrifice?
Oh, get off the cross, we need the wood.

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Fri Nov 01, 2019 7:06 pm

I’d say read the other CS’s and try to choose which character is more unique. We already have a mech building genius and a few professional soldiers/pilots.

I see your that your two characters are just extremely similar to characters we already have, when what I wanted to really press to you all is uniqueness and trying to fill different roles.
]

Argonaut24
Bronze

Post by Argonaut24 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:15 pm

I knew Karen was a little similar to vladmirk's mech but I tried to set her apart by making her slow, a little defenseless, and a designated mech killer/seige engine. Also, I didn't mean to copy Vladmirk's CS as much as I did. I just wanted my Karen pilot to be good at angles to be able to make those long distance shots, I didn't realize he had an intelligent pilot as well . Also, they could always have a Bruce Banner and Tony Stark, mad scientist dynamic. Third, when there is a high value mission like the one you have diacribed. I would think you would have several professional soldiers in the chosen squad.

I am not trying to be rude or tell you how to run your RP. I'm just presenting a kind argument. Gotta practice the years of writing in English class. Lol. What could I do to my characters to make them more unique?

Vladmirk

Re: Legacy: Chapter One (Reserved)

Post by Vladmirk » Sat Nov 02, 2019 1:51 am

I never said you copied or anything. I honestly just looked at your mechs and judged based on their capabilities and how they can be used. I really didn't even look at your characters to be honest. I'm sure if they are very similar, it wasn't intentional, so you're fine
Where's our sacrifice?

illirica
Sandbox Mod

Post by illirica » Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:51 pm

Dr. Alia Asai
Age: 28, which is not quite old enough to be your mother, so pick up your own bloody mess.

Gender: Just a girl. I tried a few other options, when I was younger, but this one suits me the best.

Race: Just a human. No, I haven't tried fiddling around with that.

Homeworld: I was born in the cargo hold of a ship full of refugees, under heavy fire. You tell me what a homeworld is.

Appearance: At 5'5", Alia is within a standard deviation of normal human height. She's slight of build, with a deceptive slenderness that conceals some decent musculature nonetheless - the body of a dancer, or a gymnast. Her natural hair color is blonde, kept up in a sensible and tidy ponytail or braid, and her blue-gray eyes are often obscured by a visor of some type or a mask.

Weapons: A small sidearm carries tranquilizer rounds, and she carries a taser as well.

Affiliation: Medicine Sans Frontiers, currently working with Akari's squad
Skills: A licensed doctor of medicine, Alia specializes in triage care. Her primary goal is to get her patients stable enough that they can survive until they get to other medical facilities - or, in some cases, any medical facility at all. She simultaneously has experience in psychology and psychiatry, enabling her to do what she refers to as "mental health triage" as well - often, the first steps towards dealing with issues like PTSD or traumatic experiences.

Personality: Generally calm and serious while working, Alia nonetheless has a somewhat offbeat sense of humor in more relaxed environments. She's difficult to ruffle, not that most people are particularly inclined to make the attempt.

Biography: Alia's parents were refugees from some war zone or another. She claims not to remember, and also claims they're all the same. Her parents were separated before she was born, and Alia has never met her father. It's possible he didn't survive the attack that separated him from her mother, but Alia chooses to believe that he's still out there, somewhere. Alia's mother told her that he was a doctor, and all her life Alia has planned to follow in his invisible footsteps.

Like many refugee families, Alia moved around a lot as a child, her mother no doubt seeking somewhere that felt like home - but for Alia, home was wherever she was at the time. She studied, she learned, and she pursued her education so that once she was old enough to be on her own, she could be out there, to help people like her mother - or whoever needed it at the time.

Alia claims no affiliation to any organization other than medicine, and believes in treating any patient presented to her, regardless of who they are or what they may have done. She began practicing field medicine as early as 14, although at the time her experience was mostly supervised by more experienced doctors, simply being on hand to tie bandages or provide an extra pair of hands. As her education progressed, so did her competency. Coursework for her degrees was completed entirely online, and Alia's internships and residency were field-based, performing whatever medical procedures were necessary, wherever she was needed.

Misc: Despite Alia's personal insistence upon treating all, she acknowledges that wars happen, and sometimes people need to be stopped from further atrocities. She isn't going to argue against others fighting, only for the chance to save whoever remains, when the shooting stops.

Character Theme: Brahms' 4th Symphony in E Minor
. A.M.P. Sheet .
Mech Name: Injection

Mech Specialty: Speed and maneuverability, followed by defensive capabilities. Injection is designed to get Alia to where she needs to be, quickly and safely.

Appearance: Only about twice as tall as an average human

Weapons: None.

Special Attributes: Injection is rigged with close range grappling technology, as well as short range plasma cutters. It is designed to latch onto another larger mech and remain in place while Alia slips into the other unit (cutting through the hull if necessary) in order to treat a patient.
Capacitor
The God-Damned Lightning
Astra
A Manufactured Deity
Prism
Like, Totally Brilliant?
Eternal Flame
Pax City's Phoenix

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Sun Nov 03, 2019 6:44 pm

Welcome aboard, Illirica!
]

Poetic Ghost

Post by Poetic Ghost » Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:53 am

Hello everyone, I’m getting ready to start this RP. I just want to know if everyone who made a CS is still interested and involved
]

Vladmirk

Post by Vladmirk » Sun Nov 17, 2019 6:11 am

Yep, still in
Where's our sacrifice?