[RP] Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Ash]

Rosalie
Silver

Re: [RP] Madeline’s Academy for Gifted Children [Ash]

Post by Rosalie » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:14 am

Relieved to have him bring it up, Alex promptly got up and picked up his tray. "Sure," He said. There wasn't much left to show Draven, just the classrooms and the lockers. Maybe he'd take Draven to each of his classes just so he wouldn't be lost the next day.

Dumping the rest of his food and setting the tray on the little shelf above the trash can, Alex stood off to the side waiting for Draven. The surrounding students were all watching them, whispering amongst themselves. Alex's eyes trailed back to the new kid, and for a second he felt bad for him. He had never been new to the school, so he couldn't relate in that sense. But he knew what it felt like to have so many eyes on him.

"All that's left to show you is the classrooms and lockers," Alex told Draven, running a hand through his hair. "It shouldn't take long. After that you're free from me. I'm guessing you don't have classes today but you can attend the last two periods if you like, just so you're not sitting in your dorm all by yourself."
illirica wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:20 pm
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Some even said she had put her hand on its underpane.

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:39 am

Draven felt his shoulders lose tension as Alex stood, he followed quickly behind him and picked up his tray. He followed him to the trash can and dumped his food before placing the tray on the shelf.

He turned to Alex, about to speak, when he noticed all the stares. He froze as the whispers reached his ear and the gaze of the eyes was heavy on his shoulders. He started shaking and looked away from them. He shifted closer to Alex, attempting to hide away from the eyes. He chanced a glance at the boy before his eyes snapped back down. He really didn’t want to be left alone, but nodded along, not wanting to burden Alex either.

“I think I will just stay in the dorm. I am very sorry to have bothered you with the tour.” He said in a soft voice, not wanting to draw any more attention to himself than he already was. Also sensing that Alex was uncomfortable with the situation.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:36 pm

"It was no bother at all," Alex said as he quickly led them both out of the dining hall. While in the beginning, he had been a little peeved to be stuck showing Draven around, he wasn't now. The kid himself wasn't at all bad. In fact, he was pretty sweet and soft spoken and Alex liked that a lot.

As they exited the dining hall, Alex relaxed and led them toward the office building where the classrooms and lockers were located. It was the main school building, and as Alex pushed through the double doors, he glanced back at Draven.

"So I'm not sure what your schedule looks like, but literally all classes are located in this hall." It was true. The doors had led them into a very long hall that was decorated with lockers that ran down the length. In between some lockers there were doors that led into classrooms.

"Your locker should be down here." Taking a right, Alex led Draven down the hall to locker 102, where he tapped the little atm looking machine on the metal door and nodded. "It works exactly the same as your dorm door. Just slide the card and it'll pop open. The lockers at Madeline's are pretty big so you can put your gym clothes and other essentials in there."
illirica wrote:
He heard footsteps approaching, a quiet voice. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Amaryllis said. He'd heard whispers about her. There were rumors, about her. He'd heard that she'd been spending a lot of time with the bay window lately.

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:38 am

Draven smiled and gave him a nod. "Okay" He said softly as he followed behind him out the dinning hall. He found the company of the man a nice change of pace. Maybe it was because Alex was forced to spend time with him.

Once out of the room, his body relaxed and he could breath easier. The boy followed his tour guide to another building. He was about to ask where they were going, but didn't when Alex started explaining. "I left my schedule in the dorm."

He looked around as he spoke and peeked in windows to see different classrooms. Some had chalkboards and some seemed like labs. He followed Alex through a pair of doors and saw more of the same.

He followed him to one of the lockers and saw that it matched his door room number. He looked at what Alex pointed out and took out his card like he told him to. Draven repeat what he did in his dorm and his locker opened with a big slam. He flinched at the loud bang and jumped a bit back. He looked inside cautiously and was suprised at the space inside, "It's really big!" He said and he closed it with a low click. "I will bring my stuff tomorrow" He turned to him with a shy smile.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:45 am

Alex nodded, eyeing the inside of Draven's empty locker as well. "Yeah we can meet before you have class so I can show you each individual class if you want," He said, rubbing the back of his neck as he spoke. He didn't want to seem clingy or annoying, only helpful. For a second Alex wondered when he began to want to be helpful.

"Only if you want, of course. I know it'll be your first day and you'll probably be busy with other things." Although Draven was very shy, Alex knew that if he really tried he could make friends quickly. It was a small school, and everyone was relatively very friendly.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:34 am

Draven chanced a glance up at Alex when he offered to accompany him to his locker. "You would?" He smiled widely at him and nodded. "I would like that very much!" Draven was quite excited about having a friend to walk to class with. Back in his previous school, he had never even been treated this kindly, so he was beaming with excitement.

Catching his over excitement, he blushes and looks down at his feet. While he was embarrassed, he was overjoyed. "Will you like to meet at my dorm tomorrow? So we can walk together?" Alex seemed so friendlier to him and while the thought of him leaving to be with his friends wouldn't leave his mind. He decided to push it to the back of his mind.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:32 pm

Alex nodded, figuring that since they were on the same floor that would probably work best. "Yeah that works," He said, scratching the inside of his wrist. Pausing for a second, Alex glanced up and down the hall before taking a deep breath. "Listen, I just want you to know that if you ever need anything, I'm here, okay? You seem pretty chill and I like that so I don't mind helping you out if you ever need it. I know being new isn't easy at all so I just thought I'd offer my help. Only if you ever need it." Alex didn't want to seem patronizing, but he could tell Draven would most likely have a hard time in the school the first few weeks. He was so incredibly shy and soft spoken and to be honest -- Alex kind of liked him. He was a sweet kid.
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:56 pm

Draven’s smile widens at the acceptance and his previous thoughts dissipated for the moment. He was about to say ‘thank you’ when Alex began speaking. The boy listened quietly as he did so, his blush deepening as the man spoke. He looked down to his feet and stuffed his hands on his pockets shyly. He was embarrassed and surprised by the kind gestures. While he didn’t trust people nor they him, he liked to think that this school may be different. So he looked up and gave him a genuine smile, “T-thank y-you. I never had any friends… So thank you for everything.” Draven couldn’t remember the last time someone was kind to him. Actually he was confident no one ever had. However, Alex seemed different and he liked that. He just hoped his powers wouldn’t mess that up for him.

Rosalie
Silver

Post by Rosalie » Fri Jul 03, 2020 1:47 am

Alex raised a brow at the 'never had any friends'. Usually Alex hated people who were always negative or taking for granted the things in their lives, but somehow he believed that Draven really had, had a hard time before coming to Madeline's Academy. Which is why he suddenly had a strong urge to protect the other boy. It was odd, that morning he had started out thinking this tour would be a drag, but now he found himself wanting to take Draven under his wing.

A corner of his mouth raised in a half smile. "Here," Alex said, going over to the double doors and pushing it open. "I'll walk you to your dorm."
illirica wrote:

Ash
Bronze

Post by Ash » Fri Jul 03, 2020 2:09 am

Draven returned the smile, "Thank you" He followed Alex through the double doors. "If it not too much bother... Co-could w-we take the s-tairs?" He blushed and looked down as he made his request. He really didn't want to take the elevator again. He was dreading it.

For the first time ever, Draven was looking forward to a new school day. But his next obstacle was gonna be sleeping through the night.