Saved? (open)

Roleplay locations.
Sayde

Saved? (open)

Post by Sayde » Mon Sep 30, 2019 8:46 pm

Siobhan crouched down on the roof of the store and scanned the street below. There wasn't much activity in this area of Los Angeles, which proved to be a disappointment. Not that she'd ever admit it but she was almost hoping for a poor soul to take her anger out on. There was nothing quite so satisfying is knocking down someone who deserves it, and not seeing them get back up.

But Bonnie never killed. Not anymore.

Her fingers closed around her brass knuckles. Strapped on her thigh was a police issued baton. Her only identity concealment was a domino mask that mostly masked her freckles.

Vigilantism might be frowned upon in some areas, but Siobhan had gratefully took up the work. She'd like to claim it for altruistic reasons, but realistically it was a certain kind of penance. Something to pay back all the grief she helped cause in the past.

Bonnie felt the vibration of a slamming door from below her. She looked at the sight as a person came walking out of the store. Not many people were out and about this time of night. It was reason enough for her to follow them quietly from above. That and curiosity.

And boredom.

Siobhan crept for a while until they went to the main road. She climbed down from the roofs with habitually movements until her feet touched the pavement.

A hand grasped her shoulder, and Siobhan instantly pinned them to the ground with a baton at their throat.

Windigo

Re: Saved? (open)

Post by Windigo » Mon Sep 30, 2019 11:56 pm

"Easy there, sweetheart."

Chase might be exceptionally strong, but he was impressed with how fast the redhead had moved. The girl didn't look too experienced in the art of vigilantism. The big giveaway for that was that she'd decided on a domino mask. Which didn't do much to hide... anything, really. Especially not the freckles. But she was trying, and so Chase put his hands up where she could see them in a gesture of innocence. No harm done, no foul, even with the baton at his throat, and pinned against the asphalt. He could easily loose himself from her grip, of course, but he decided to let her have her moment. That kind of thing tended to help build trust, after all.

"Didn't mean to startle you. You looked new, figured you might want some backup on your patrol. But," a soft chuckle erupted from under the full face mask, as he let the backs of his hands rest against the ground, "my mistake, it seems. You have this pretty under control. Kudos for that."
Last edited by Windigo on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phanuel, the Face of God

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:10 am

All Bonnie heard from his voice was "Sweetheart" and "Pretty" which made her frown, and drove the baton further into his neck as a warning before stepping back. He seemed to be enjoying the moment so she wouldn't indulge him.

Siobhan slides the baton into her thigh holster, giving him a once over. He didn't look to threatening her opinion but there was something deceptive about him. Still, whatever he had said, she didn't get the usual feeling she got when someone lied to her so for the time being she decided to trust him.

Temporarily.

Bonnie motioned for him to take off his mask.

Windigo

Post by Windigo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:19 am

He didn't budge as she drove the baton deeper. She had a lot of chutzpah, which was good. It meant she'd survive longer. Not a lot of extra body mass, which meant that she'd last even longer depending on how well she'd think she'd be getting to know him. They weren't quite at the point where the mask was going anywhere, though. She could have most of her face open to the world. Chase had a variety of reason why he didn't want his quite public just yet.

"You don't really get how this whole disguise thing works, do you?" He gestured vaguely to his mask. "I like my identity secret. I hope you can understand that."

He kept his posture lax as he looked around, his senses sweeping the street for threats. Under the mask, shadowed blue eyes scanned her. She didn't look like much, but metas rarely did. She could have a nice trick or two up her sleeve. Only one way to really find out, if she'd accept it.

"People call me Cryptid. I guess what you need to know about me is that I've got enhanced strength and senses. If you're interested in a lookout, I've got your back."
Last edited by Windigo on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phanuel, the Face of God

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:26 am

Bonnie shoved her hands in the pockets of her jeans, covertly slipping on her brass knuckles as a precaution. Most people wearing masks were either fellow vigilantes or the bad guys. The only reason he was getting a pass at the moment was that he hadn't fought back.

He kept talking, which in itself was frustrating. She could see lip movements, but she never caught on to lip reading. It was too inaccurate to bother. And it wasn't convenient to wear hearing aides on the job. They just got in the way. The worst part was that she usually wasn't in this kind of situation cause she usually didn't talk while beating the shit out of people.

Siobhan tapped her ear, then her chin. Her voice came out distorted and slightly slurred. "I'm deaf, dumbass. I can't hear you."

Windigo

Post by Windigo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:37 am

He watched her reach into her pockets, and kept his relaxed posture. She hadn't attacked him yet, which meant she wasn't just going to attack him - and her behavior made a lot more sense once he saw the sign for 'deaf'. Her voice confirmed it.

"Oh," he said, nodding to indicate he understood, then lifting his hands into a few deft motions. "<I'm sorry, I didn't know. I said I'm Cryptid.>" He spelled the name out. "<I'm strong and have good senses. I can watch your back, if you want.>"

Hopefully now that she didn't need to lip-read, she wouldn't ask him to take the mask off again. That would be more complicated to find the right words to explain. He decided to intercept with a question before she could get to that point.

"<Your name?>"
Last edited by Windigo on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Phanuel, the Face of God

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Tue Oct 01, 2019 12:52 am

Bonnie left her knuckles in her pocket. She was surprised he knew sign language, which would make this easier for the both of them. Cocking a hip, she signed back, "Cryptid? I thought only media gave capes nicknames. And I don't care what your powers are. I watch my own back. Thanks, but no thanks."

His powers were interesting. Strength not so much, but heightened senses? That was new. There were a lot of possibilities for use with that power. Still, it wasn't like the universe short changed her with her abilities.

"My name is...Jinx." Bonnie made it up on the spot. She didn't give out her real name easily. Not to fellow vigilantes.

Windigo

Post by Windigo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:01 am

"<Other masks tend to do it, too,>" Chase answered, and added a shrug at the end. "<Jinx is cooler, by far.>"

She declined his offer of partnership, which was, based on past experience, probably a wise choice on her part, but he'd had a decent sized meal within the last month, and was a bit on the lonely side of things. Besides, she was smaller than he usually went for. He wondered if there was a way to say what he wanted to say without coming across as ableist, then figured she might understand the law of convenience over self-respect.

"<From what it looks like, you could use my ears. And experience. Just for tonight, at least. I understand if you don't want the help, but I'm not busy, and could use some company for a while. What do you say?>"

He concluded by offering his hand, tilting his head encouragingly. He'd been told in the past he was a charmer, but it's hard to charm people with your face hidden. It was all about charismatic body language and speech - and without speech, it was all about the lax position, the nonthreatening movements, the honesty in his eyes. He wasn't going to hurt her, even if she said no. He didn't have a reason to - even if she attacked him, he could just either take a good barrage, or trip her up and walk away. He had no worries, and so he had no reason to lie, and in turn, he meant every word he said. Whatever her power was, they could make a semi-decent team, if only for the night.
Last edited by Windigo on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phanuel, the Face of God

Sayde

Post by Sayde » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:15 am

"Thanks" She said out loud, slightly miffed at the implication that she needed ears. Even working as a criminal with the mob she had been skilled enough to rely on memorization, her eyes and the precision of timed movements. Still, it caused complications in some situations. She hadn't heard him sneak up behind her.

" Whatever. It's a slow night anyway. If you know a good place to find scumbags that'd be helpful." Bonnie signed. If she could bag a criminal tonight she could consider it a success. She took is hand, sure to give it a hard squeeze. The last thing she needed was to be underestimated. One rule. No killing. Deal?"

Windigo

Post by Windigo » Tue Oct 01, 2019 1:32 am

Chase recognized that he'd made a mistake in mentioning being her ears, and grimaced under the mask. "<Sorry.>"

Nevertheless, she accepted, and that was a plus. His nose wasn't giving him much of an indication of what her abilities were, but if she wanted respect - as her somewhat harsh handshake suggested - he was more than willing to give her that. Not everyone wanted to keep their heads down, after all. And if her mask was any indication, Jinx didn't much mind her real name, whatever it was, getting around.

"<I'm new in town, too,> he admitted, then quickly tapped the middle of his face. "<But I know some places to look. And if there's nothing there I'm sure I can sniff something out.>"

She didn't have to ask him to be nonlethal twice. Leaving bodies behind was a mess. He didn't like being messier than he had to be, especially considering the number of bones that did lead back to him, eventually.

"<No killing. Understood.>"

Without further ado, he picked a direction and struck off in it, expecting her to follow, keeping close watch on their surroundings with every sense. Neither of them was going to be surprised again, if he could help it - and he could. She was, ironically, about as safe as she could be with him present. Not everyone could say that about being around a creature that predated entirely on humans.
Last edited by Windigo on Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phanuel, the Face of God