Outcast [RP]

DJ Muffins

Outcast [RP]

Post by DJ Muffins » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:23 am

Outcast [Req] https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=15978

Outcast [CS] https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15983

Outcast OOC https://rp-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=16024

The fog had rolled in as the sun set under the stone wall surrounding the grounds. The air was chilly, rustling leaves and the scent of rain warning of an autumn thunderstorm on the horizon. The old Manor sat on the far edges of the city, looming over the stretches of farmland that met with the highway in the distance. The city lights to the back outlining the old home that sat in the middle of the old gardens circling the property. It had been rather quiet recently, with the local city folk keeping their distance from the strange guests in the manor.

Sarah sighed, leaning back in one of the many chairs overlooking the gardens from the second story balcony. The end of a cigar glowing softly in her hand while she sipped from a glass, enjoying the cool evening air.

Matt opened the old fence, slipping back onto the property from the outside world, a young boy held in his arms and his coat stained with mud and blood. "This is my home, you'll be safe here." The young boy tensed, looking around the gardens as Matt continued "Go on, you can explore all you want tonight and sleep on one of the foyer couches for the night, Sarah will set you up with a proper room in the morning. The newcomer hopped out of his arms, morphing into a small kitten, darting into the underbrush of the gardens and out of sight.
Last edited by DJ Muffins on Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

StrawberryDreamer
Silver

Re: Outcast [RP]

Post by StrawberryDreamer » Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:47 am

Jake sat on the couch in the foyer, nose deep in a book. The sound of thunder was a welcomed comfort as the time passed. He fiddled with the wrist of his glove as he read. He was oblivious to how long he’d been sitting in the room. No one had been in or out in recent hours, leaving his attention focused. It was a strangely quiet day for the manor but he didn’t mind.

Jessica took the lightning as her cue to return indoors. She left the garden, entering the manor through the back door. No one was usually in the area, so she didn’t have to bother with any small talk. She made her way to the stairs, intending to hide up in her room for the rest of the night.
Sitting on the roof of your beat up car
When I was your orbit
And you were my star
But now you’re a black hole
And I am left numb

CherrytreeBee
Bronze

Post by CherrytreeBee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:09 am

The obsidian feathers of the raven glistened with water before it shook itself, ruffling it's feathercoat and drying itself before the bird swiftly turned into a 19-year old girl, sitting on the roof as the rain fell upon her skin. Her wings remained intact, once again becoming wet due to the weather. Varuvi didn't mind however, instead watching the surroundings calmly before growing slightly bored. Climbing down the roof, she swung herself from the edge into an open window, landing with a roll before swiftly turning into a ferret and skimpering down the handrail of the flights of stairs. Reaching the bottom she jumped past Jessica - a necromancer - onto the ground. The tipper tapper of her small animal feet turned into the quick steps of the short girl once more as she returned to her normal body form, scavenging the kitchen finally and looking for a snack.
Love, Cherry!

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:55 pm

For Avery, the sound of distant thunder didn't quite make it past the blaring music in her ears. But as she jogged around the large compound, it was impossible to ignore the impending storm. The dark clouds swirled ahead, closing in on the house, and eventually on her. As the first couple rain drops fell from the sky, a sense of relief spread across her flushed skin. It was cool and absolutely welcome, as her daily jog had both warmed and tired her out. She slowed to a walk and turned her face upwards to the sky, stopping her music, and closing her eyes to enjoy the brewing storm. The rain drops, first irregular and slow, began to build in frequency, until they steadied out, splashing to the ground with more vigor. She continued walking slowly for another half a minute, only to pick up the pace to get inside before she was thoroughly soaked.

Her own stormy grey eyes adjusted to the darker, finely lit interior, quickly catching sight of some of her fellow housemates. Avery had joined them a couple months ago, and not entirely voluntarily. It was definitely a difficult adjustment; an adjustment she had yet to complete. Having grown up the way she did, surrounded by the type of people she was familiar with, only to be dumped amongst the misfits, it just didn't sit well with Avery. In her eyes, many were loners or unsocialized freaks who creeped her out. Was it mean of her to think like that? Probably. Either way, she didn't particularly care.

Why did she stay then? She asked herself that question on the daily - literally. Probably because she was well treated, protected, had a roof over her head, and perhaps she'd learn to control and grow her abilities. That was the hope.

Her train of thought was interrupted when a ferret sped past her in the hallway, making a beeline for the kitchen. Avery rolled her eyes; her apparent reaction to being startled, and followed. The kitchen had been her own next destination anyways, as she sought after a nice, cool beverage.
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

CherrytreeBee
Bronze

Post by CherrytreeBee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:02 pm

The wooden drawers were pulled open before the nimble hands of the brunette shapeshifter slammed them shut again, hastily checking each compartment before opening the freezer - the cool light paired with the chilly air hitting her features. Her eyes sparkled as she finally found her treasure - cookie dough ice cream! The upbeat girl let out a victorious laugh, pushing the fridge shut with her hip before intending to sit on the counter to enjoy her prize. Before she could do so however, she spotted a familiar girl - although she had only joined quite recently.

"Oh, hey there, Emily, was it? Oh, wait, no, Avery!" Varuvi hoisted herself up onto the kitchen counter, kicking her legs carelessly as she let the ice cream tub's lid fall to the ground - instead grabbing a spoon beside her and scooping up some of the icey goodness. The shapeshifter hummed in pure delight as she tasted the sweet treat after a long day of flying about. Varu recalled shortly sighting the taller girl walking about, but nothing more than that. Her wet hair dripped onto the counter, leaving small puddles beneath her which soaked the last dry parts of the japanese-style clothes she loved to wear.

"Have you gotten used to your room yet? I hope you don't mind but I took a peek at it! It looks super cool. Do you wanna see my room sometime?" It was clear that Varuvi wasn't quite bothered by the different moods the two of them emitted. Avery seemed to put a guard up, a bit of distance - while Varuvi was quite hyperactive and clingy, even! She adored making friends.
Love, Cherry!

HighVoltage
Bronze

Post by HighVoltage » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:18 am

William had been in the city, wanting to get away from the house for a bit. He had set himself up on a skyscraper, wandering along the edge to test his balance and have a bit of fun. Fortunately he was high enough that nobody on the street would be able to see him, otherwise there'd probably be screams of someone preparing to jump and it was all just a big hassle that he didn't want to deal with. As he heard the rumble of thunder in the distance, he gazed up at the sky, feeling the first few drops of rain on his face. Letting out a sigh, he held out his arms and fell backwards into the alley behind the building. By the time he hit the ground, he was already smoke, just another dark patch in a filthy city. He curled up into the air, mixing with the clouds before making his way back o the manor, slipping in through an open window. William saw Jessica climbing the stairs and decided to have fun with her.

The coil of smoke touched down on the stairs in front of her, leaning against the railing. It rapidly coalesced into a human form in simple dress clothes smirking at her. "Why hello there, Jessica. How is my favorite grave defiler doing this evening?" Chuckling to himself, William brought his hands up to his lips, pulling a pitch black cigarette from between his teeth and into his mouth. With a snap of his fingers a thin trail of smoke began wafting up from it. He took a deep breath and breathed the resultant smoke in Jessica's direction. Granted, it wasn't an actual cigarette, just a creation of his. The smoke itself was unusual, in that it wasn't irritating or smelly. Rather, it was cool and smelled of fresh blackberries.

Golden_
Silver

Post by Golden_ » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:03 am

The sound of drawers slamming and a rather sickly sweet giggle coming from inside the kitchen caused Avery to pause. She lingered by the doorway, before choosing to step inside, for the sake of some much deserved ice cold water. Her stormy eyes landed on the girl inside, who had entered as a four-legged slinky creature. She forced a timid smile as the girl began to talk, though on the inside, Avery wasn't particularly happy. The name thing was a bit annoying (did she really look like a boring Emily?), but she tried to push that aside. What really bugged her was the overly happy attitude and chirpy voice. She supposed that some people were just like that. If they were her type of people though, that was the question.

Avery gracefully walked forward, bent down to pick up the lid that had been dropped, and placed it on the counter beside Varu. "Yes, it's Avery," the young woman confirmed with a smile. Then, she turned towards the massive fridge, swinging the door open and gazing upon the delight inside. Before she dug in though, Avery glanced back towards the shapeshifter to prove her own, much more superior memory. "Varu, right?"

She turned back towards the fridge, quickly settling on a can of sparkling water. But before she could pull it out, Varu said something that made her pause. She'd been in her room? Anger flashed across Avery's features. She didn't like people snooping in her safe haven, let alone strangers. It must've been her voice, coupled with that invasion of privacy that immediately turned Avery off of her. Thankfully, her face was turned, stuffed into the fridge, making it near impossible for little miss sunshine to notice.

She slowly reached for the can, tightly gripping it between her fingertips, only to turn abruptly to face Varu. The smile on her face masked the anger she felt - a skill she had mastered long ago. "Oh you did, did you? I've always loved making my space, you know, my space. I'd love to see yours... I imagine it's full of light and colour." Her long manicured fingernail hooked down under the can tab and lifted it upwards, cracking open the drink.
...was adopted by Satan himself, before [she] was returned out of fear of [her] awkwardness

DJ Muffins

Post by DJ Muffins » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:47 am

Matt opened the garden entrance, moving down the hall with one hand running along the banisters on the wall humming to himself. He paused in the foyer, noticing Jake relaxing, seemingly lost in his book. "Good evening Jake, didn't realize you were still out. It's getting rather late. I had an encounter with our newest guest, I'm sure he is getting acquainted with the gardens still." resting against the arm of one of the large chairs around the Foyer, Matt tilted his head slightly "What are you reading there?"

Sarah let out a sigh, with a final breath on her cigar before snuffing it in the nearby smoke pan, and moved inside. leaning against the railing of the large spiral staircase, she paused watching halfway up where William had appeared in front of Jessica, listening to their conversation for a moment.

StrawberryDreamer
Silver

Post by StrawberryDreamer » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:32 am

“Holy fucking shit!” Jessica swore as William appeared in front of her. She never got used to living with this weird smoke demon man. “I told you to never do that again.” She waved the smoke out of her face, glaring at the man, “What do you want?” She wasn’t exactly a pleasure to talk to, so there was no reason for him to ask her how she was.

“If you want me to bring something back to life, it’ll cost you,” it figures this creep would want her to do that for him. There was no telling what he’d need it for either. Gross.

~~~~~~~

Jake looked up to see Matt enter the foyer, “I didn’t notice the time.” He marked his place in the book, putting it down on the coffee table. “Give him time, I remember your first day wasn’t exactly sociable either.” He looked at the clock, it really was getting late. “Oh, I’m just finally getting around to reading Six of Crows. I’ve heard it’s good, but I’m not far enough into it to tell ya. So far it’s just drugs and death, but there’s supposed to be something about gangs later. I don’t know if it would really be your thing though.”
Sitting on the roof of your beat up car
When I was your orbit
And you were my star
But now you’re a black hole
And I am left numb

Pan

Post by Pan » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:06 am

Westley knew a storm was coming long before he felt a drop fall on his head. It was hard to ignore the clouds darkening with each passing minute, and inching closer and closer to cover the entire sky rather than just the horizon. Streaks of lightning filled the clouds, but didn't break them. They wouldn't for a good while. He stretched his legs and continued walking through the garden pathways. Every once in awhile, he peered up at the sky to see if the whipping winds had blown the cloud somewhere else. It hadn't. He didn't despise the rain. Most often, it was quite to the contrary. Though the plants would limp and wilt with the ferocity of the rain, they would be provided plenty of water, which meant less people out tending to all the herbs, flowers, vegetables, fruits, trees, and shrubs galore.

The company didn't bother him either. It was the simple fact that the fruits and vegetables were what kept him busy. He believed that they were meant to be in his care, no matter who was hired or elected to do what. Why shouldn't they be? He had done his research. He had lived with them. He waited with them until they were ripe enough to cook with. Westley knew he could trust himself to do the job, and knew if something went wrong, it was easier to narrow down what the problem was if he was the only one who had touched it.

The rain was now falling fast enough to where it couldn't be ignored. Once more, his red eyes found the sky above and tenebrous gloom casting over the mansion and its grounds with the occasional burst of lightning too close for comfort. He would be welcomed inside, but once again, he didn't feel like breaking important decorations. He would be limited to some rooms and hallways regardless, as they were either not tall or wide enough for him to ender comfortably. Luckily, there had been a shed that wasn't of much use in the back area of the gardens that had been converted to a room that suited him. An outdoor kitchen and gathering space had been there before he had even met Kote. It was a mansion, after all. He entered his living space and sat down, closing the doors behind him. It wasn't spacious, but it wasn't crowded either. He was able to fit his few belongings in with bedding, and didn't need much more. He picked up a book and settled in. Unless someone was stupid enough to wander in the weather, he would be his own company for awhile.

~~~

Maeve hated large storms. They were bound to bring someone's misfortune, and when she merely walked by some unsuspecting person, her lunch would end up on their shoes. There was nothing she could do. Though she believed people could change their own fates or destinies or whatever others liked to tell themselves was real, she knew that danger was to come to everyone eventually. She didn't know how far in the future her stomach could predict, but something bad always happened when she least expected it. Try as she might to shelter them, it would come. Warning them would only cause worry. They would try to prepare without knowing what to prepare for, and it would usually end up their downfall. For the most part, she just tried to hide it. When she suspected something could happen, like a storm causing a flood, power outage, falling objects, or otherwise, she tried to shut herself in for sake of her stomach. Of course, by starving herself, she wouldn't really have much of a need to worry about it coming up. She had locked herself in her room when she had read the weather report that morning. "A quick bite couldn't hurt, right? Besides, if I pass anyone, I could say it's because I just haven't eaten, and it won't be a total lie," she mumbled to herself.

She made her way down the steps to the kitchen, where, unfortunately, two girls were already gathered. Her blue eyes were averted and kept to the floor, as if it would help her problem any. Then again, she had already seen both, and hadn't felt anything setting in her stomach. "Hello. Sorry to interrupt, I'm just hungry." She waited patiently, spacing herself from both, for access to the fridge and pantry. Not only were people around, but they had to be engaged in conversation and trying to eat. There was no real getting out of this one.

Maeve fidgeted with the hem of her sweater, her wings tucked tightly against her back. It wasn't exactly comfortable, but she was used to it, and had all day to stretch them out. Her hair was in a large braided bun on top of her head. It was heavy, but it was better than letting it drop to her ankles. For whatever reason, it didn't stop growing like a normal person's would. It wasn't like the rest of her was normal. She didn't have the courage to get it cut or cut it herself, so it would continue to be long.
databaseoverload wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:25 pm
I can’t believe you guys wrote bay window fan fiction while I was away